Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21)

@KonaKat

Work got a little weird this week so it was nice for me to end the week relaxed and not really giving a fig, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  We are waiting for the hospice nurse who tends to show up sometime between 4:00 -- 6:00.  I don't feel that I can get too involved in things while we are waiting for her.

Congratulations on 10 years with Midnight, Jean.  I remember when you only had him for a few years -- time flies.  Sorry you don't feel motivated to use/open that exercise chair.  I do appreciate all of you saying what a good exerciser I am, but I don't deserve the praise today.  I still haven't gotten in my 10,000 steps.  But, I'm pretty determined to do so.

DH's DD is learning how her Dad is doing, and she visited the memory care facility with me this morning.  As she said, things have changed quite a bit since her last visit in February, and I think she knows that this is a good solution.

DH has been doing pretty well since she arrived, but he just has so much trouble with simple things like getting up from the sofa, walking, eating, etc., etc.  She tried to help him up from the sofa a few times, but it is not all that easy.  And, she had problems trying to talk to him, etc.  When we went to the memory care place, she asked about calling him, and they said that there is a phone in the "house" that they can take to him.  That is fine as long as the calls are short.  I mentioned that he cannot hold the phone (I hold it for him), and she was surprised.  The caregivers can do that as long as they know that is an issue for him.

I was very pleased that DH slept much better last night, and I got 6 hours and 10 minutes of sleep according to my Fitbit.  And, he was okay when I took a walk early this morning.  The weather here is quite hot -- more than 100 degrees, which is not to his DD's liking, but.....

My caregivers group met this afternoon, and it was a very good meeting.  Another lady is placing her husband in a home on August 1st.  And, we heard reports from some of our "regulars" about new issues/problems they are having with their loved ones.  Everyone was very supportive of me, which is so nice.  We also had a new member who is struggling with lack of sleep, etc.  I will continue with the group even after DH is in the facility.

No CIJ for me, and I'm very tired of seeing Christmas things already.  Sorry you didn't find anything at Kohl's, Jean.  But, no reason to buy something just because there is a sale/discount.  I don't get the Kohl's coupons any more, but the store closest to our house is at least 45 minutes away.  That is probably closer than yours, but I just don't want to drive that far just to shop, and there is no need to go there for most appointments, which I know is the case in your area.  I do plan to use my JCP coupons to buy some new towels to replace the ones I'll be taking to the facility when DH goes there permanently.

I'm so happy for you Rosa.  Sorry about the flooding.  It is nice of you to stay on a while to help your boss.  

Hope your finger will be back to normal soon, Marijane.  It is amazing how those sorts of problems can have a negative impact on your life.  

Good luck on your new job, Kathleen.  Hope your DH finds a new one he enjoys very soon.

Waves to meallan, snicks, 3suwm5, twinny (sorry about your hot weather), Charlene, Bernie (glad you had some fun time dancing), Arlene, Barbara, Susan, Essie, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

The nurse is still not here, so maybe I'll give her a call.

Hope everyone sleeps well!

Hugs,

Linda