Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21)

Hello friends - quiet morning here. I got the email that the background check/tests are complete and I am cleared for takeoff, so now just waiting to find out when they want me. I have been gathering up things to take home with me and assume I'm headed that way Sunday - we'll see.

Linda, I hope you are having a good visit with DH's DD.

Jean, it seems fitting that you and Midnight have some type of celebration but I know you are not one to hang from the chandeliers. A 30% off is nice but they come around quite often, and can be found online when you don't get them in the mail.

It's pretty warm here - I guess I need to venture out and run a couple errands.  Hugs and waves to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Congrats upon being notified of background check completion. I know you are eager to get back to work. Enjoy your errands before heading   to country home and work.

I've had  lunch and watched a little Netflix. It is time for the afternoon Kindle time.  This evening, I will tackle some more things when it is cooler, such as washing the car.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you were very lucky to get Midnight 10 years ago today.  It seems like whenever I have a 30% Kohl's coupon, I see nothing that I need or like.  The last 30% coupon was good & I got 2 nice pairs of Capri's from Dana Buchanan.  I wore them both up in Canada last week.  I also like multiple appointments at my local clinic to get them over with.  No CIJ for me either.

Rosa, so happy for you & Mark.  Working a few more weeks was so nice of you.  Nothing worse than flood waters to clean up.  

SNICK's, it sounds like you are getting your exercise from carpet cleaning.  It is nice that you are having pool parties.  Good wait to cool off.

meallen616_ I love your daily graphics too.  

Marijane, I am glad that your finger is getting better bit by bit.  

3suwm5, QVC is boring me too since we are starting a 4 day heat wave.  YUCK is how I feel right now.  DH & I are still looking for Our Golden Years.  lol.  I like Kohl's & JCP the best, but my closet is decluttered & I hope it stays that way for a long time.

I am being lazy all week as it is hot today & for most of the week.  We did enjoy the hot tub before lunch as the afternoon is too hot.  I cleaned house good before vacation so I don't need to do that this week.

I am just enjoying a cool house.  They are saying rain all week, but we just got a little bit yesterday.  Dh went to our county fair rodeo last night, but I stayed home to avoid the hot weather.

LINDA L, I hope that your visit with your DH's DD is eye opening for her.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Rock Chick, it sounds like you will be at  your new job real soon.  I hope that things go well for you.  It is HOT here, so no big plans.  DH is grilling dinner outside for me.

Jean, I love washing our vehicle when it has cooled down too.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, so much!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody! - Jean - thanks for getting us started today.  Congrats to you and Midnight finding each other 10 years ago!  I hope you're able to make a decision about the exercise equipment.  Snicks - that's a pretty good idea to take one room at a time when shampooing carpet.  I admire your ambition!  We are finally getting around to shampooing our carpets next week, but we are renting a machine and will do it all at once.  Our DS is supposed to come and help.  Rosa - sorry about the water mess at the office and the extra work it entailed.  So happy for you on your new marriage!  Marijane - I'm glad that your finger is feeling better, I can only imagine that it must have ached.  3suwn5 - I don't feel motivated to exercise in the heat either.  I'm glad I have my fitbit to encourage me to get my steps in at least.  (Come to think of it, I don't ever feel motivated to exercise, lol).  Kathleen - best wishes for you at your new job!

Not much going on around here.  It's been over 100 degrees.  I continue to get caught up on paperwork.  I'm also typing info. I want to keep onto my computer so that I can throw some of the original paper away, or donate the books I don't want to keep.  It's a little time consuming, but it feels good everytime I throw something away.  

This has been a productive summer so far.  I've been eating healthier and have lost a few pounds.  I've done a fair amount of decluttering.  I've also done less shopping.  Those were things I wanted to accomplish, and I'm proud of myself for the progress I've made.  

I hope you're all progressing in the areas that matter to you.  Waves to all  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You made good use of that 30% off coupon with the clothing you scored and wore on vacation.  I'll be back in the city before that coupon expires so I might take another look when I am feeling more like shopping.

Charlene--Congrats upon weedling down that paperwork. Bigger congrats upon losing weight this summer. This summer has been a very rewarding one for you with many goals met: decluttering, healthier lifestyle, and less shopping!!

I remain very impressed with the Amazon Echo. I was two rooms away but it still heard my request to change the type of music I had it to play. I am checking into that "Ask My Buddy"  app that enables you to tell it to notify someone in an emergency if you I can't get to a phone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Happy anniversary to you and Midnight :-)

I was running like a loon all day and didn't even log on to the computer until around 4:30.  When I saw another CIJ day on the home page, I said, uggg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I hit the ground running this morning and was out of the office.  We had a morning meeting with the VP that started at 8 am.  Around 11:30, the division headed off to Belle Isle for team building.  I usually skip these and go back to work to get work done.  This year, besides food, which I could take or leave, and games, they had a DJ.

Okay, you had me at DJ and once I nibbled on some food, I spent 3 hours dancing to the tunes by the DJ in the shed/shelter.

It was 90 some degrees but Belle Isle is off the Detroit River so we had a little bit of a breeze.  

I had to take a bath when I got home, but I had a great time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Sounds like a great team building activity. Didn't involve trust building activities, etc, just great fun.  Glad you enjoyed yourself. As they say, "All work and no play...."

Surely tomorrow will not be another CIJ day!