Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today marks the 10th anniversary of my adopting Midnight  from the Humane Society in the city. His owners had moved but couldn't take him with them. That was their loss but my gain; he has been a wonderful inside cat.

I turned on the Q to discover another CIJ day. Needless to say, I quickly discovered another method of providing background entertainment.

Yesterday, I went to the city and had planned to use my 30% off coupon at Kohls and then get groceries afterwards. I spent over 2 hours in Kohls debating items as nothing really called out to me, and left without a purchase. At that point, I wasn't feeling the best so I just decided to return home without the groeries. It was definitely a no purchase day.

This morning, the local medical clinic called to let me know that the lab order request I had made was awaiting me at the front desk. I wanted one visit to take care of the requests I knew the primary would want plus the ones the cardiologist would want but not often ordered by the primary, so I just told them what the order needed to include.

I think of LindaL and her dedication to health and fitness despite all the issues facing her with DH. Then I think of myself. I know there are things I should be doing to improve my fitness and health but the mind and body are not quite willing at this point.

Some asked about the Fitness Chair. I looked at reviews on Amazon for this brand and others. Appoarently, they have gotten rave reviews and the costs are higher than the Q item. That does not translate into my being eager to use it. All I see is an item taking up more room when I am trying to get rid of things.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21)

To all of you,

Esteemed Contributor

Meallen--Thank you for another lovely daily greeting.  What are your plans for the day? I'm being lazy right now, and am having my second cup of coffee.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Congratulations to you and Midnight on the anniversary. Congrats also on the no-buy day yesterday, although I am sorry you started to not feel well. Hope you are better today. I agree with you re: @LindaLatte's dedication to health and fitness with all else she has going on and I also should be able to do much better for myself, but can't seem to.

Hope you get all your testing done before your next doc apptmts.

So are you returning the fitness chair? I would if you are not really interested in using it.

@meallen616, thanks for the lovely graphic.

I finished shampooing the living room carpet yesterday and have everything back in place there, today is the dining room. Have people come every day to swim, I am wearing down but want to try to get to the bedroom carpet tomorrow, then do 2 rooms downstairs next week. I also need to get the yard mowed, but it is in the hight 90's with no let up in sight. Maybe I can mow on Saturday morning early, will have to wait and see. I did place an order for a couple Linea items the other day, one has shipped, the other on waitlist. Pants coming, cardigan waitlisted, both in taupe. That's my next few days. Hope all are well. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Good morning!

I have really been out of the loop for a while, the roof on our office leaked and flooded our entire office.  We were having the roof replaced and had a terrible downpour before it was complete , it was a giant mess and we had to close for 2 days last week .  We are just now digging our way out.  I always like to leave with all my emails answered and daily wokr complete so the next morning I am starting flush..Just now have we worked our way back. I will be working a few more weeks to help out here, not a big deal, my boss has been very good to me. 

So far so good on the marriage!  Love it, i love coming home now . After being happily married for 36 years coming in to an empty house was difficult. 

I do like the looks of the TSV tommorrow, I am tall and love longer tops and sweaters,,I will be checking it out.

I hope that everyone is well.

We are having record breaking heat here, I do feel for people that work outside or in factories around here with no AC.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies..thanks for starting Jean....my question was answered before I asked it today on how was your chair....I did not go look at it or read reviews but I guess if you will not use it often and keep looking at it as taking up a lot of room etc it may be going back.

Snicks you sure are busy with your rug shampooing......I have all hardwood floors except in the bathrooms but I do have area rugs all around and usually roll them up and have a company pick them up and return them......less work for me!!  It will be getting hot here too in the next few days.

Thanks for the lovely graphic Meallen .

That sure must have been a mess to clean up Rosa in the office .  Glad the office is  almost back to normal.

Kathleen good luck on your new job...when will you be starting?

Hope your DH's DD  visit is going ok Linda and she realizes what goes on every day.....I admire your strength in all you do .

Not much else here..I finally don't have to wear a bandage on my finger after a month  of doing so.  FInger is kinda stif but I am working on it....I have arthritis in a few of them and one joint got infected the reason  why 

it having been drained etc these past several weeks.

HAve a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks--Good job on getting the carpet shampooing done and furniture replaced. You certainly get your exercise from all the work you do around the house.

Rosa--You deserve much happiness so I am glad that the marriage is everything you desired. I'm sorry about the roof leakage at work. Things like that really set the normal work schedule back. I am sure that your boss is appreciative of your helpimg a few more weeks.

Marijane--I'm a down mood right now so it is the thoughts of something else coming in the house when I have been working to get rid of accumulated items that is creating the quandry. I know I should do something about my health especially since I live alone but the size of that box when it arrived really got to me.

I still haven't opened it as I'm afraid if I take the thing out, I won't be able to get it securely back in.  To top it off, I read that thread in Wellness in which that individual used Leslie's Miracle Mile and lost weight in the first week. Me? I gained three pounds. It is likely fluid retention. I usually do that when starting an exercise program. I was told it was likely the result of tiny muscle fibers being inflammed and repairing themselves.

I should eat normally a week before these tests in order for them to represent more accurately my levels. I had a very good meal yesterday but higher in fat than normal so I'll postpone the lab tests until Monday while I eat more normally so the results will reflect a more normal lifestyle.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies - We're having a warm one today.  So far I have the windows open and am listening to the youngsters that are having their last day of golf.  It's quite funny.  They are cheering and laughing, I'm enjoying them.  I can smell breakfast cooking at the clubhouse, yum.  Got to get to my own breakfast soon.

When you care for a loved one and can still manage the fitness part of your own life, you are a patriot!!  That can be an enormous weight and you need to destress and stay strong yourself.  Kudos!!

I have been saving my coupons for Kohls, just in case, but looked in the closets yesterday and just didn't see a need for anything.  So no shopping there for me.

I'm bored with QVC merchandise right now, looked on fashion day and saw very few new items listed.  Just no interest for me right now.

It is hard to get motivated to exercise, especially when it is hot outside.  But I tell myself, if you don't like what you're seeing in the mirror, you need to do something.  I like what I'm seeing in the mirror, but want to continue to like what I see, so I make myself do something 3 days a week at least.  I still want to enjoy eating things I like, not just what I should eat, so that is a big motivator for me.  It's a struggle, nobody said growing old would be easy and it sure isn't for sissies.  Darn.

Ladies - hide your checkbooks and credit cards and have a great day!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5--I think one of the downers yesterday about not buying at Kohls was the reality that I had a 30% off coupon but coiuldn't find anything I didn't need. Yes, there were plenty of clothes, shoes, handbags, cosmetics, etc. but there was no need to buy something just because I had a coupon. I do need to use my Kohls card soon to keep it active but yesterday was not the day.  You are so correct that growing old is not for sissies.

Respected Contributor

Rosa, I sent you the cutest card but it came back!  Guess it was the old company, but wanted you to know we were thinking about you!  <3