Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APR 30)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We ended up making it to 100 degrees here yesterday, and today should be even hotter.  Much warmer than our usual highs in the 80's, and they are saying the above average temperatures will be here for a while.  Thank goodness for AC.  

DD said it was rainy in Maryland, and I believe more rain was expected.  Hope the weather is okay where you live.

Our governor announced that our "stay at home" order will mostly be in place until May 15th.  There are a few exceptions, but I'm almost positive that my volunteer work, etc., will not be back to normal even then.  Better safe than sorry for me.

Today I'll be going to the audiologist, and I hope that he will order new hearing aids for me.  Also hope they don't cost too much.  My insurance will help, but I'm sure I'll be paying some of the tab. 

Shopping for fashions is certainly not high on my list at this point.  Hope those of you who are receiving orders like them very much.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day and stay safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APR 30)

Hugs to you! Thank you for kicking this off, and best re audiologist and everything. Yes "better safe than sorry," it's true.

I am grateful I was spared an impulse purchase. In the midst of all, have the ongoing battle. There are a couple of things I'm "stalking" on the Q. Have given myself permission to purchase only from wishlist and only if prices reduces. Every little bit of resistance helps...

Best to you for a great day and hoping you "keep it cool."

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope the appointment with the audiologist goes well. You are fortunate that your insurance helps with the cost. Mine does also but you have to use one of their providers. Those certainly are high temps; perhaps, they will help "cook" the virus but that is wishful thinking.

Mirren--Congrats upon not making the impulse purchase. Every little control we put in place helps us to delay. I know you mentioned a price decrease but do you also stalk "As Is?" I have gotten some Bob Mackie tops in great condition with tags, etc. I have also gotten some QF without tags but they were ok. It is a risk but they can be returned just as in any purchase.

I called the orthopaedic surgeon's office to change the date of surgery as the person who was taking me could not do so on the original date. I also contacted the cardiologist's office and notified them of the upcoming surgery. I'll probably need an EKG before the surgery as well as going off the Xarelto.

I liked the Cuddl Duds TSV so well that I went to check to see hat was available. Alas, all that was left was the gray set with the dogs on the bottom. Had they been cats, I might have purchased despite the color.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L I thought that you were having temps above normal right now.  We are supposed to be in the mid 70's by tomorrow which is above normal for us too.  After rain off & on yesterday, we are having a nice sunny 60's day.  We are in a stay at home  mode until the Tuesday after Memorial Day.  That works for me too and after that we will still be careful.  I am sure that our gym won't be open for quite a while yet.

Mirren, hi to you too.  

Our big deal for today is that the city has had the water shut off since 8:00 this morning.  They said probably 4 hours to get new pipes put in.  It's been 5 hours already.  Of course, my DH took his walk & used the push mower this morning & cannot shower.

No big plans for today.  I am just happy to see 🌞🌞🌞.  It's supposed to be like this right through the weekend.

I am thinking about walking one day soon.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it looks like you will be busy getting your appt set up & going off the Xarelto a few days before hand. I am not a gray person either. I like lots of different colors in my clothing.  Right now, I have no desire to buy clothing. I am still waiting to wear the 3 tops that I bought for our April vacation.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's rainy and the temps are flutuating between warm to a bit cool. Not too bad so far for the heat for me. I was able to wear a hooded sweatshirt to the market to get the groceries. It was fairly barren on the shelves and I went earlier than usual. It lwft me with an uneasy feeling but I decided that Thursday is my day not to worry about the virus and all that it brings. Calms me for the week.

My SunJoe face mask worked better than the other mask that I have. I'm still allergic to it but have assumed it is all the N95 masks. My face was swollen, etc. and my breathing was bad but not awful so I managed. I make sure I only stay no longer than an hour.

I called the vet's office to order the Heartguard for pick up for the dogs today. They were due yesterday but I was missing one of the dosages. They weight different so our male needs 2 pills and our female 1. I try to alternate the fela spot, heartguard, and allergy pills on alternating months. It is so much easeir on the budget if I can time it correctly.

As luck would have it today, the lunchtime specials had a set of the camoflauge storage cases that I used in the work room. I just ordered one more set. I needed 2 but this set was a bit more so I'll figure something out. It's nice to have that corner looked tidy. One section at a time. That's my speed these days.

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Honored Contributor

Wow Linda @LindaLatte   that's hot Woman Surprised

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi @Mirren   I have one top on my wishlist and I don't know how soon it will go down in price because it's a somewhat new arrival.  I keep telling myself I don't need either way Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm glad that the cuddle duds TSV was a winner for you.

Honored Contributor

Hi Glenda @twinny70   It's currently 52 degrees here and the sun is trying to shine.  We've had on again off again rain and it's supposed to warm up to 70/72 on Sunday and Monday and then highs will be in the 50's.  I should be able to cut the grass sometime between tomorrow and Monday (in preparation for Tuesday pick up).

Since it will be warmer and sunnier over the weekend I'll probably go outside and hand prune the forsythia in the backyard and the leafy shrubs (still don't know what they are named, lol) in the front yard.