Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME, Sunday, May 22

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!  It is another sunny day here, but it is supposed to be windy again this afternoon.  We are supposed to have cooler than normal weather here this week, but that means highs in the 80's and lows in the 50's.  I'll take it.

I'm still on my de-cluttering campaign, and it feels pretty good to get rid of unnecessary "stuff" and trash.  I have quite a bit of stuff in the trunk of my car ready to go to the thrift shop tomorrow.  The past few times I have been there, the donation section is full of stuff.  Part of it may be due to "winter visitors" cleaning up before they go back to their summer homes, and maybe part of it is due to fewer volunteers in the summer.  But, the volunteers are very nice.  I would like to help out there someday when I have more time.  For now, one volunteer job a week is about all I can handle.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen (sorry you lost electricity and had to spend the night at a hotel), Arlene, twinny (good for you with your motorcycle/moped), Susan, Marijane (I was able to see the "Blue" moon last night, and thought of you), snicks (hope the wedding was wonderful), Bernie, Essie, Rosa, Charlene, pinky ann, Gayle, LindaR, Barbara, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- no hot pants or go go boots for me.  I was married and had my DD young, and it didn't seem appropriate.  I did buy one short dress, but only wore it a couple of times.  

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME, Sunday, May 22

Hi Linda (and everyone else) - looks like a slow day on the board.

Did you have a good night, Linda?

It's cool and windy out, which is just as well - I have a ton of homework to catch up on. I was working on it last night and suddenly got so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Yesterday we took a drive to Aldi for milk and blueberries, Burger King for chicken nuggets (for the girls), and Walmart for another cat waterer, then I made some of my famous blueberry lime pound cake as I had limes I had to use. I just had a piece for breakfast, and will give some to my invalid neighbor - she said she's crazy about blueberries, and everyone who has tried this cake loves it.  (I made it as mini Bundts.)

Nothing else going on; I got the litter boxes scrubbed last night, so that's one less thing that must be done today.  I know...you all envy my exciting life!  Cat LOL

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...cloudy,rainy day here looks like the sun may try to come out though.  DId not see the moon last night Linda,all overcast,hope tonight is better.....did you see Mars too?

I hope Snicks had a wonderful time at her DGD wedding yesterday.

Kathleen did you get your electric back yet?

Twinny did your DH win that moped?

Your cake sounds wonderful Arlene...hope you get all your home work done!

Not much else here...making a big pot of spaghetti sauce ....not sure what we will have with it tonight.....probably just meatballs and sausage.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You are doing a great job on the decluttering.  I know that what you donate is good but when I go to the donation place in the city, there is a huge dumpster there where they put items judged not suitable for resale. I always make sure that what I take is in good condition and I know you do also.

Arlene--It is good that you were able to get the watering gadget. I have one also as well as the food dispenser just in case it would be needed if I'm gone too long unexpectedly. So far, I haven't used them. It is so nice of you to share the blueberry bundt cake with your neighbor.

Marijane--Sorry that you are having another rainy day. So far, we have sunshine but thunderstorms are expected. The spaghetti sounds great.

I debated going to the city today but devcided to stay close. I just returned from our sole supermarket where I bought some canned tuna, eggs, chicken, etc. I made the mistake of opening the can of tuna for my lunch. I had to share part of it with Midnight.

Gadget person that I am, I did order the TSV. I could get it at Amazon for five easy payments also but the Q price is slightly cheaper. I have been looking at this for a long time. I almost got one when they first came out but decided to wait to see how well they worked, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

It is a beautiful day here. Our street is torn up and with rain predicted for next week, I can only envision the mud. 

We are off to Sydnies last dance recital for the season...she is getting pretty tired . Think we will go out for dinner.

Linda..I hope your day goes well.You are an angel I am trying the idea when something no consumable comes in, something of equal value goes out. Lol...do not ask if it is working.

kathleen..hope you have your power back.

arlene, your baking sounds yummy...that is a skill I have lost due to not baking very often.

jean...the echo tempted me when it first came out and Amazon offered it for less than 100. But I have an iPhone and iPad and Siri, the voice generated "helper" can do everything the echo can with few exceptions. I know you will enjoy yours.

i hope everyone has a good day.😍

Esteemed Contributor

LINDAL, It is 80 & hot today.  The sunny 60's & 70's were wonderful for me.  It  sounds like rain & 70's for this week.  We need rain.  I hope to plant some things soon.  I need to declutter my closet soon.  Mostly organize my shoes better.

FHG, Those blueberry lime pound cakes sound fabulous.  Lucky neighbor for sure.

Marijane, I don't know if my DH won the moped yet, as they notify the winner by mail.  We are going to the dealer on Tuesday so we will know then.  It has been a nice week, but hot for me today.  It is too hot for the hot tub until later this afternoon.  Spaghetti.  YUM!  YUM!

JEAN, Enjoy the TSV.  Have fun on your trip to Branson next month, I think.

SYDSGMA, Enjoy the final dance recital & dinner out.

DH & I went to church & had a nice lunch out.  I hope to rest up a bit today & tomorrow as it looks like another busy week.  DH has lab/Dr. visit tomorrow & then on to our friends garage as he bumped something in the Subaru yesterday & a warning light came on & won't go off.  Hope to declutter on Tuesday.  I am meeting a friend for lunch on Wednesday.  She was one of the helpers at mom's estate sale.  Closing for the house is Thursday.  Then I can hopefully have a sigh of relief.

We have a wedding & a graduation party on Saturday, & 2 June weddings so lots of fun to look forward to.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, thanks @LindaLatte, for the start today. You are really going at the decluttering with a vengence which is a good thing. I keep telling myself I need to re-start, but haven't removed anything other than trash for a few weeks now, lol. Hoping you and DH are having a good day today.

@FunkyHulaGirl, I'm sure your cake is nice, blueberries and lime just don't sound good to me (it's the combination of the two that turns me off, not either one alone, lol), hope you are enjoying it.

@Genny1, that big pot of spaghetti sauce will be great with a lot of different things, wish I had it on my back burner.

@KonaKat, be sure to let us know about your new gadget and how well it works. I'm curious.

@sydsgma1, hope Sydnie enjoys her last recital today. I actually ordered the Echo from Amazon when it first came out, then decided when I received it that it was not necessary and returned it, unopened, lol.

The wedding was wonderful, everyone looks fabulous, the reception, flowers, food, music, toasts, just everything was perfect. I really enjoyed it all. The cleanup at the reception is completed, and got my yard mowed, so I'm about done for the day, whew! Do have to run to my daughter's house to get a couple things from her before she goes back to work in the morning, but otherwise...all done. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all - I never heard of the Echo until this week when I ran into a manager on the floor who I've known for nearly 30 years.  She said that her kids bought one for her for Christmas and she loved it.

I haven't watched a presentation yet so I have no idea what it does.  I talk to myself and my birds as it is, I don't think I need something else to talk to, he he he.

The sun is shining and it's not too cold here.  I got the grocery shopping done in pretty good time this morning.  My hair was looking kinda crazy and I didn't feel like messing with it so instead of putting a baseball cap on it, I went old school and put on a bandana.  I think it was all this talk about go go boots and sizzlers, ha ha ha.

Sort of like this, except I tied it down in the back and let my bangs hang out.

Image result for bandana scarf on head

except I tied it down in the back like this

cotton chemo bandana for cancer patients - available in assorted prints

I almost wore it this way but didn't think the Meijer shoppers were ready for a do'rag

I was watching a series binge of the old show Night Gallery.  I decided to play some musical CDs on the computer instead so I could bop around the house and get something done :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I plan to use the Echo for music, etc. The fact that I am a Prime person will also help. It never dawned upon me about this possibility and it might be a scare tactic. Basically, if you are in need of medical help, etc. and can't reach a phone or cell isn't with you, you basically tell Alexa to call person x that you have listed to let them know you are in trouble. As someone who lives alone, that feature is tempting. I could have gotten the Echo as a Beta try out customer but just thought it was another gadget that would go unused, but since then the reviews, etc. have talked me into getting it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I've resigned myself to the fact that at some point in my life I will be wearing one of those alert thingies.  I've already suggested one to my eldest sister after what's happened to her (fall in March).  If Alexa can call for help, go for it.  The manager at work said she gets up and says Good Morning Alexa and Alexa says Good Morning and Good Night.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise