Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 9)

@Bird mama, hi there, we were posting at the same time.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started Jean.  Hope your procedure goes well tomorrow, and you enjoy the take-out.  Certainly chilly there, and a good reason to turn on the heat.  My AC came on briefly yesterday night -- it is set at 81 degrees.  Fortunately, it went off quickly.  Good idea to give yourself some TLC.  I'm doing the same today.  

I am not sure if this is just a cold, but my energy level is very low.  That is saying something for someone dubbed "the Energizer bunny" by some.  I took a cold pill yesterday evening, and it was very difficult for me to get up when the alarm went off a little before 6:00.  Then, I dragged around until after 7:00 before I took my morning walk.  Went slower than normal for sure.  Came home, and had to lay down again for a few minutes.  Yikes! 

Since I was feeling so poorly, I decided not to go to church this morning, and I'm still debating about going to the gym.  If I go, I'll be wearing gloves in addition to making sure I clean off the equipment thoroughly after I get off the machines.  

DH seemed to be doing well yesterday -- thank goodness, and he ate well when I fed him lunch.  I'm a bit worried about visiting him since I don't want him to catch whatever this is.  However, I do plan to do so as long as I'm not actively sneezing, etc. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Susan.  It is good that you are able to be with him during his last days.  Hope he does not suffer.  Hugs.

Waves to Barbara (have a great trip), Bernie (like those boots), meallen, snicks, Kathleen, Essie, Arlene, twinny, 3suwm5, Karen, Charlene, Rosa, Gayle, LindaR, pinky ann, butterfly, and all of our posters and readers.

I have sort of an interesting "financial" story to share.  One of my credit card companies said that I could get a FICO score from them (no charge), so I clicked.  My score was quite good, but slightly lower than the last one I saw.  The reason given -- too many credit cards (even if you have a zero balance, they count), and the lack of any sort of loan (car, mortgage, etc.)  I guess both things make sense, but I don't think I'll be changing.  I have four "active" credit cards at this point.  All are paid in full when due or even before they are due.  And, I want to keep at least three of the four -- long story there.  Not planning on taking out any loans unless I need to do so, and that will just have to stand.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

metoo--Love the graphic. We can count on holidays generating sales, sales, sales.

Bernie--I remember Hogan's Heroes well. Like you, I'm getting a variety of sales emails. I might take a look at the L'Occitaine email, the Body Shop, and Macy's.

Snicks--If you're going to the city for doctor appointments, scheduling some shopping for the available time is a good idea. I hope you have better luck at the grocery than I did.

Linda--Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope my "Energizer Bunny Rabbit" feels better soon. Perhaps until you do, cutting back on some of the exercise might be good. Those FICO  (real scores) scores always have to find something negative but that doesn't mean you have to take out a loan to make the credit mix a happy one.

I stopped at the local grocery to get a dessert or the ingredients for one. The shelves were half empty. I guess everyone raided it yesterday and the truck hasn't delivered. There wasn't a can of pie filling in the store and most of the cake mixes were gone. I think everyone must have had the bright idea to make a dump cake this weekwend.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaLatte

Linda, I'm convinced the entire FICO thing is rigged.  I can get my FICO from AMEX any time I want. For the most part, my debt is the mortgage. When I use my VISA or AMEX, I pay off what I charge and don't carry over a balance.

For months, FICO was telling me I was at 850.  Now I'm at 833.  I don't know if it's because my mortgage debt is going down or that I paid off the credit card before they ran the FICO score.

Even though I think most of it is a crock, I'm playing with the timing of my payments to see if that impacts the score.

For example, just got my VISA bill.  I owe them $311. Payment isn't due until the end of this month.  I think the FICO scoring thing happens mid month (between the 10th and the 14th).  So, I just paid Visa $175 and left the rest of the balance on there.  Once I get closer to the 119th or 20th, I'll pay them the rest.  

I am going to do the same thing with AMEX.  

I need to get a new hobby, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--FICO scoring is interesting. For one thing, people are grouped together in "buckets" according to common characteristics and scores calculated for the people in the "buckets" based upon amount of individual debt and type of debt. You said you were going to play with payments. I just paid the balance of my AMEX in full just before the statement posted. As a result, it will report a zero balance. I could wait until the AMEX posted and pay the balance.

The only difference between the two is that if I pay in full before the statement posts, the credit report will show a zero balance. If I wait until the statement posts the balance, it will report the balance. You need some cards to report a balance as that is partly what determines the FICO score but you don't want all the cards to report a balance if at all possible as the scoring will think you are using too many cards if all cards report a balance.

Also, you don't want the total credit line of all cards to report more than a 30 % use of credit. Above 50% is a score killer despite the reality that you might pay all those cards in full after the statement posts.No more than 10% of the total credit line reporting is ideal. I could go on. The time of day in which the companies report to the credit bureaus also affects the score as they don't all report at a uniform day or time of day.

Guess what one of my hobbies might be!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you deserve to be in a buying mood.  Good luck with your procedure tomorrow. I try to live life to the fullest.  I have so much to praise the Lord for.  One day at a time keeps me humble.

Sydsgma, hoping you have a fun safe trip to AZ.  We would like to do the WA/OR coast some day.  So happy that your DH is cancer free.  Something to celebrate for sure.

Susan, so sorry to hear about your dad.  Cherish is a wonderful  word to me.  I cherished mom's final days.  DH was with me every step of the way & there were lots of difficult moments.

Bird Mama, Enjoy your new boots.  I am sure they will come in handy.  I like your needing a new hobby.  I don't know if we have a FICO score or not.  We pay off our CC each month & don't have any loans.

LindaL, hoping you are feeling better real soon. It is probably a good idea to take it easy.  My battery is slowing down.

I get my infusion tomorrow & look forward to some extra energy.  I have lots of things that I want to do.  The Son's of the Pioneer's were very good last night.  I bet it was really good with Roy Rogers, as he was the founder.

After services today we had lunch at BK & got a few groceries.  It is sunny & 60's so the hot tub felt good.  I mopeded downtown for my walk.  DH is at a "visitation" of a former coworker.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I do hope your infusion goes well tomorrow. I am glad you enjoyed the Sons of the Pioneers. I actually remember them from their younger days and saw that they performed in Branson but not while we were there. They used to have great harmony. You are so correct that one day at a time is a good way to live life. Too many live in the past with regrets, a time that they can't change. We aren't promised tomorrow but what we experience in the future has its roots in what we do each day, one day at a time.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  I've had another crazy busy day.  Woke up early again - I think my mind is like a hamster in a cage. I listed several things on the FaceBook for sale groups and was amazed when people started calling.  Gone are chickens and hen house, dog houses, chest of drawers, little outdoor fridge, etc. I have 3 more things listed, and several to add when I can get them cleared out.  I'm slowly getting things in both rvs. And putting things up.

I am excited too.  We hope to leave around the 20th and stop in Vegas to see his daughter on the way.  I'm pretty happy.

someone calling...

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - finally checking in.  Our weather has improved.  It's sunny and warm during the day and cools down a bit in the evenings.  I love this time of year.

I don't know if you heard the news that two police officers in Palm Springs were killed yesterday.  One of them, a young woman with a 4 month old baby, was married to a boy that my DD knew very well.  They were in the same graduating class of high school and attended the same youth group at our church.  The young man's name is Zach.  I can't imagine what he's going through, so those of you who pray, maybe you could remember him and his baby. 

My life has been pretty low-key.  I've been struggling with allergies and sinus headaches for 2-3 months.  Yuck.  The good news is that my DS came home for the weekend and we've had a good time catching up on his life at college.

Blessings to all!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@meallen616

I bought my new winter boots from DSW yesterday.  I'm trying not to look at JCP at all, he he he.

I'm getting emails left and right and for anyone who remembers the TV show Hogan's Heroes.....

Image result for Schultz I hear nothing I see nothing

@Bird mama watch the reruns all the time, one of my favorite shows