Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 17)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. Tomorrow is supposed to be a Fall Fashion Preview Day. Time will tell if it will the same trusty items offered again or new items will freshen our possible selections.

I was looking at the Insider for August. I see that Susan Graver has a TSV which is of a reasonable price. The TSV is a Milano knit boot cut pull on pant for $39.96. It is available in regular, petite and tall with 3 easy payments guaranteed if ordered before the day of presentation on August 11. I may be buying this item but time will tell.

For those of us who enjoy cooking, Emeril will be having a 3.5 quart air fryer system as a TSV on August 17 for $99.95. It is available now for 5 easy payments.

I have a 30% off coupon from Kohls. Since I will be in the city on Wednesday and possibly tomorrow, I might venture into Kohls to se what is available. I haven't shopped there for a few months. The last 30% off coupon was not used because I didn't need anything at that point.

Today's "fashion" includes D&C capris in Khaki and a D&C v-neck top in red. Both make for comfy wearing today.

Today is a day spent relaxing as it is a beautiful sunny day. Hopefully, each of you has sunshine; if not, then focus upon the other good things.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 17)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Your outfit of the day sounds very nice. I'm sure you are very comfy in it. Didn't realize tomorrow was a Fall Fashion Preview. I may or may not watch bits and pieces of it.

It is breezy and not too hot (84) now, but is going to be in the high 90's later today, so I am off to get some things done before the heat hits us. Hope all have a lovely day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Our day will be in the 90s also; a good day not to overdo one's self oiutside.  I just remember a quick promo of it plus what is included on the site:

Get ready for the season ahead with the latest looks from some of your favorite designers & brands. Shop a preview now & check back Monday for our all-day event.

I haven't shopped the preview. I'm  feeling a little lazy but am about to fix salad with chicken for lunch. I've been up since 5am and had an early breakfast, so lunch is calling early

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning...sydnie and I see the Broadway edition of the Lion King this evening. she is very excited and we have excellent seats.

I am not. Doing a lot because I delayed my infusion for a week because of my company and the joints are not good.

sydnie helped tremendously with cleaning out cabinets in the family room. I found old ver tapes that are in the garbage. Yikes...I guess I have not done anything out here for a few years. I maintain closet storage well but  this stuff slipped away from. We are doing a garage sale in August and I will fins more treasures.

i occasionally order some logo or Linea from the q . Jjill,remains my favorite store because, although you pay more, the clothes last for several,seasons.

it will be in the 90s next week so I can't even think of fall.

syds gerbil got loose this morning and pepper had a great time chasing her around. It was retry funny.

snicks..stay cool. 

Jean, enjoy your foray into the city. I really liked Puerto Rico when we were there.

((((((()hugs)))) to all. 

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  I am just not into shopping much anymore. I haven't bought any clothing items in 2 months. Not because I've been trying either! I do have some financial goals but that has never stopped me before, so I'm not sure what caused this attitude and behavior change.

I am not at country home so haven't had a chance to take stock of my working wardrobe, but I think a couple bottoms and a couple pair of pumps will be in order.  I've located a couple pair of Women With Control bottoms I want to try - my capri leggings from them are fantastic - but waiting to order. I don't have a start date yet, still waiting on background check to go through.

Barbara, I hope you enjoy the Lion King!  I have ALWAYS wanted to do that one!! Never been to that type of event before.

Hugs to all!  I have tried to keep up with you but don't get to read every day. Eldest DD is doing great at a new fancy restaraunt (cheapest entree on the menu is $45) and youngest just got to Viet Nam. They both seem happy and healthy.  <3

Respected Contributor

PS.  It's very hot here.  Our AC runs nearly constantly. I checked last night and it was 95 degrees here, country home, Viet Nam, and where our Marine is in Abu Dhabi, and 103 in Vegas where DH's DD is!

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, like all I don't know about fashion day, will wait & see, I "need" nothing so we'll see how it goes

Got up early today as is my time to head out of county for necessary shopping, wanted to head out to beat the storms, well on the way home it started, I first pulled into a Shell station to wait it out, as the upcoming drive is a fast (55mph) & extremely curvy, seemed to let up so I started, then of course white knuckled it all the way, I did slow down, (40) let the cowboys pass me but I didn't care, been a long time since I've had that experience & hope to never again.  Well that's my story for today, sun is shining now but forecast calls for dangerous storms late this afternoon, I'm staying home  lol

Wishing all a safe & happy day

Essie

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies - no shopping for me.  I may check the fashion tomorrow, I didn't realize that was in the schedule.  It will have to be something unbelievable before I purchase, though.

Summer is just flying by - I need to get on the closets.  Just have not been motivated to work on that.

I need to schedule the cable folks again for a phone issue - can't believe I'm saying that.  This one is our fault, though.  Really???  What the heck, third appointment this summer.Smiley Sad

Anyone have the air fryer system?  I've been thinking about that.  Not sure I want to pay $100.00 for one.

I've have the Kohls coupon also, don't think I'll even check there.  I would probably find something I want, the question is do I need it??Smiley Happy

We have hot days for the next 14 or so, over a hundred sprinkled in there.  Won't spend much time on the deck...

Enjoy your day ladies, hope you have many things to smile about..count them up!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara--Do enjoy the Lion King and also take it easy. I'm glad Sydnie could help you with cleaning out the cabinets.

Kathleen--Whatever the motivation, not shopping for a couple of months will provide the incentive for a new wardrobe for the new job despite your likely having items that would still work. I've been enjoying the pics of Stevie's adventures.

Essie--Driving extreme crooked country roads in extreme rainy weather is a real challenge. Sometimes, as you did, you get caught with no place to pull over and visibility is made worse by  the vehicles you meet that spash water. Yes, it is definitely white knuckle time. Staying home is a good idea if storms are expected.

3suwm5--You are not having good luck with the cable guy. I don't have an air fryer, so I will be looking carefully at the presentation. I really don't need anything fron Kohls unless it is something that can be put aside for future use or a gift.  I do need to keep my Kohls card active.

I set up my Amazon Echo which is my big "want" purchase of the year. I've been looking at it for a long time and was tempted when it was a QVC TSV. Lo and behold, on Amazon Prime Day, the Echo was on sale for $50 off. It didn't waste any time finding a home in my cart and now at home. It is fabulous. It does all kinds of things but right now, it is playing my Amazon Prime music library. I could tell it to play some exercise music for 30 minutes and it will., As I said, I could tell it to play exercise music but that doesn't mean I will.

Meallen--I'm missing the daily graphic! I enjoyed looking at it!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

It's another hot, sunny day - I'm g oing to get some final use out of this pool before it goes back to Walmart - it's a piece of junk!  First I had the problem with the pump not working properly; water spurts out of the top. I called the company and they were no help at all. Then the inflatable ring on top has had to be reinflated every day since day one - there must be a small leak in it somewhere. And as if that weren't enough, the seal around the hole where the pump hose goes in isn't right, so every day water leaks out to just below that level - and I don't need a huge water/sewer bill from constantly refilling it. I don't know how I'm going to get the liner into my car - those things are compressed very small when in the box, but they're huge when spread out.  Nothing is made well anymore, is it?  Maybe I'll give the store or corporate a call and ask how to handle the return - perhaps I can return the box and pump and cut out a part of the liner.  So, thanks to Mark, who never did get the big pool up and going as he was supposed to, that's it for my pool time this summer.

I did text Mark, who was supposed to be here this week to do some work, to ask when he was coming. No response.  Texted again.  He said he had trouble with his van. I told him it was nice of him to let me know.  What is it with handymen?  I have work that must be done, but once he's through with it, I'm through with him.  Cat Mad

Hope you enjoy the show, Barbara. That's one of my regrets, that I didn't see a last Broadway show before I moved out of NYC. Cat Sad  Are you going out for a nice dinner somewhere special as well? Poor gerbil...is he OK?

Sam the kitten has been coming around for every meal, but I still can't get near him/her. I'm going to have to somehow trap him/her to be neutered.

Yesterday evening I decided to give Chuy's a try - the reviews have been great, and I've been really wanting to go there. I decided to get an order to go, since new restaurants are always mobbed when they first open, especially on the weekends. (Well, that new pizza restaurant that I went to Friday wasn't...but now I know why!)  I had the most frightening experience on my way there; I was on a nearby road that I've driven hundreds of times with no problem. It curves as it gets near Walmart, and out of the blue my car went into a spin!  I did nothing different, I don't know what happened, but it was terrifying!  Amazingly there were no other cars around, and it stopped as I prayed, but I can't imagine why...I went around about 3 times.  I know my steering fluid needs to be topped off, but would that cause something like that? Was it just a fluke occurrence?  I'm going to stop by my mechanic tomorrow and ask him about it; until then I don't really want to drive anywhere.

Anyway, I debated going back home, but continued on. Got my order, and for $12 I got a huge amount of food: enchilada, tostada, taco, rice, refried beans, several sauces and dips, and a big bag of tortilla chips, the latter obviously freshly made. Unfortunately the burrito was in a nasty red sauce that I didn't like at all, the taco and tostada were nothing special, the rice was just OK...but the beans (which I usually don't care for) and the tortilla chips were great. I might give them one more try - maybe get the fajitas - but I was disappointed.  I miss my favorite Mexican restaurant from NYC.

Jean, I've given up on fashions from QVC. They no longer have anything special and unique (apart from Bob Mackie - but I don't often get all dressed up), and I can get better prices in B&M stores. If you go to Kohl's on Wednesday you'll get another 15% off in addition to your 30% coupon. Cat Happy

Essie, I remember on the very curvy roads in Hawaii you'd often get some yahoo speeding along; it was a scary enough drive without having to worry about them!  Glad you got home safely. 

Well, so much for the sunny day that was forecast...it's now raining out.  Guess I'll listen to my weekly Bible prophecy updates while I do some coloring. 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!