Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 29)

Good morning, shopping friends. The sky is dark lightened by the flurries that are now coming down.

I did very well with my January restraint in shopping. The IM pants I got from "as is" and the QF pants earlier in the month were my only clothing buys. Poor Amazon is wondering where I am as I placed no orders during January. Will I be able to maintain this pace for February? Time will tell.

I know that I have seen items that I would like to have bought but they were not a need at this point. Priorities!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 29)

Image result for shopaholic thoughts for sunday images

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the graphic and its incentive to shop. There is also the research that indicates shopping for some is like comfort food....a temporary fix.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You did very well with shopping restraint in January.  Can't say the same is true for me, but not too bad.  Hope your snow doesn't cause any problems for you tomorrow.  It is warming up here, which I really like.  

Interesting graphic, meallen.  I am not sure that it is totally accurate, but.....

I went to church and then to the gym before visiting DH.  He was not doing well -- very anxious and unable to stand up or walk.  It took three caregivers just to get him into a wheelchair and to the bathroom.  And, I fed him lunch while he was still in the wheelchair.  They had given him an anti-anxiety pill, but he was very shaky.  So, they gave him another pill after lunch.  He was calmer by the time I left, thank goodness. Fingers crossed he will be okay when I return to feed him dinner.

Nothing exciting planned here -- I have ironing to do, and I really should do some cleaning as well.  Probably should do some filing before I get into regular cleaning.  How exciting -- not.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am so sorry that DH is not doing well. I know this is creating anxiety for you not knowning what you will find when you visit. He is in good care for which you can be thankful.

I've spent the afternoon reading. I'm now watching St. Elsewhere on Hulu. I love medical shows. I saw a post about the H by Halston TSV. It is cute so I will watch a presentation as I don't have anything from that line. It does, however, have to be super tempting to get me out of my "resistance is not futile" mode when it comes to shopping right now.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, the bargain movie of the day was Split by M. Night Shyamalan.  

James McAvoy played the lead character and did a great job.

Ion TV is running a 'White Collar' marathon of episodes which I have playing in the background.  

Not too much going on around here - just another gloomy looking day :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bernie, I've done those exercises. I would have never tried them without someone who knows showing me how but they are pretty common. Only because I've never been good at following directions with workouts or crochet. 😂

It was rainy when I took Kyanne for a wall but I think it's stopped. We've been pretty steady at 50ish degrees this week. I'm glad we moved here during the cold and rainy season. I can't wait to see things blooming and to get closer up the volcano.

Linda, you are still doing great with the exercise. I never really measured my stride and the counters all have inaccuracies so I just use the 2000 steps = a mile as a general guide. So sorry DH was not well today.

Twinny Happy happy birthday!

Jean it sounds like you have done well with non shopping. I haven't done so well this year but I am using everything I have purchased. I don't feel bad but I don't really need anything. Except another cute pair of boots! 😉😉 😆😆