Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG. 28)

Good morning, shopping friends. I am off to the city to have lunch with a friend and also to stock up on groceries. I have delayed it so long that there is little left in the house to eat.

I've been paying billls before leaving but I am also considering a phone purchase to replace the corded phone and handsets I have had for years. It isn't an immediate need so the purchase can wait.

I definitely want a system in which the main phone will work if power is lost. I went through a week in February several  years ago without power so I know the value of having a phone that actually will work. Even the cell towers were affected by the massive ice storm.

I'm holding off on any purchases until I see what lies ahead with the results of the MRI and EMG on the 13th. I have plenty of clothes. In fact, I think I could easily go a year without buying unless it involved undies, etc.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, AUG. 28)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Have fun in the city, yes, we do need food in the house, lol. Also a phone that will work during inclement weather. I am another that could easily go a year or more without clothing purchases, except the items you also mentioned.

Will be taking my walk in just a little bit, want to let all the church attendees arrive before I leave my house in my walking attire (would not want to scare them Smiley Very Happy), as I do not dress up for walking, lol. I paid my bills on Friday so that is out of the way for several weeks, till the next batch arrives. Other than that, don't know what I will get into today.

Hope all have a nice Sunday. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks---Enjoy your morning walk. Casual is good for a walk but I don't think you would frighten the church going with your attire.

I am out the door. I'll touch base this evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting us Jean before you go into the city.....hope you have a nice lunch and Walmart run.  I also have a phone that goes dead when we lose power and didn't realize there is a battery one that keeps your landline phone going when the electric is off.

Snicks have a great walk....resting sounds like a good plan today,I hope you get some in today.

I'm off for some food shopping myself ,then some Yankee baseball watching later and the floating in the pool,think we'll have hamburgers tonight,easy to do.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.....Marijane

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, enjoy your trip to the city & lunch out, fun day.

@Genny1 Your Sunday sounds good & relaxing

@Snicks1, I don't think you'll scare the church goers, have a good walk & restful day

Still have the a/c on as temps in the mid to high 80's, but the humidity just won't quit.  Think I'll run out to the store then spend the day with the Sunday papers/crosswords, keep my brain active.

Waves to all

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you have a nice lunch, and food shopping goes well.  I don't need any more clothes or shoes, but that does not mean that I won't be looking and potentially buying something long before a year has passed.  Actually probably before a month has passed.  I did buy the TSV vacuum yesterday, so that is one more reason to avoid "want" shopping.

Enjoy your walk, snicks.  I think the church goers would not notice what you are wearing. Some of the church outfits I see indicate that that "dressing up" for church isn't the norm for many.  I had a nice walk this morning, but it was cool (for me) when I started.  By the end (when it made it to the high 60's), I was fine.

Enjoy you hamburgers, Marijane.  Hope grocery shopping and the game go well.   Also, the floating.  That always sounds so relaxing.  I did go swimming yesterday, but no floating for me -- just my modified laps.  I can't have my head in the water due to my perforated eardrums, so my strokes are not traditional.  I think a bug in the water bit me yesterday -- discovered some bumps and had some itching when I got home from the pool.

We still need AC here, Essie.  Not too humid, but still pretty hot (90's).  Great idea to keep your brain active.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Susan, Barbara, meallen, 3suw...5, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, butterfly, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

Need to get ready for church now, and I'll be going to the gym later.  Of course, I'll be visiting DH this afternoon.  He has been in the facility for a month now, and I'm very pleased at how he has settled in.  I finally got some sleep the last couple of nights -- not 7-8 hours or anything, but much better than in the past.  Maybe I am finally learning how to cope.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, shopping & lunch out is a winner.  I don't think that our phone works during a power outage, but they are far & few between.  Now I need to knock on wood.

SNICK's, enjoy your walk before it gets too hot.  most churches dress casual now days, so you would probably fit right in.  For some reason my bill paying day is Friday.  I guess when we worked pay day was on Friday.

Marijane, No food shopping here as we are trying to empty out the fridge/freezer.  Vacation starts on Wednesday.  Enjoy your float & burgers for dinner.

Spix, we haven't had the A/C on all week as it is nice now again.  I like to do the puzzle in our local paper too.  I also read a lot.

Linda L, I am glad that you are sleeping a little better.  It sounds like your DH is doing nicely & your home sounds nice too with the different paint jobs going on.

The pool party was fun yesterday.  My DH's brothers all showed up as they usually do as did his mom & her SO.  All is well there too.

I hung out 2 large loads of laundry before church today.  It is a nice sunny breezy day.

Then DH vacuumed in the basement while I dusted.  Now we need to do the same thing tomorrow on the main floor.  I don't want to come back home to a dirty house.

I am feeling much better since my infusion.  Now I hope it stays that way.

Tuesday morning I get my haircut & see the lawyer in the afternoon.  Whoopie!  I 

Tomorrow it is stop the mail day & call our credit card company to tell them where we plan to be going.  We don't use the CC cards often, but want to make sure that we can.  Need to vacuum the Subaru soon & decide what to pack.  I have as much fun getting ready to go as I do going.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - not much going on here.  I did the grocery shopping and was in and out since I didn't need much.  Rained like the dickens yesterday and grass is still soaked so no lawn mowing this weekend.  We had some tornado warnings in counties south of me (yikes).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise