Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is raining here (not heavy), but fortunately the rain held off until the Alzheimer's Walk was finished.  I think the threat of rain scared off some people, but we raised more money than our goal and much better than last year.  I ran into several people from my caregivers group and other groups/businesses that I know.  One of the speakers was the husband of one of our caregivers, and he was very sweet (and brave).  She recorded it on her phone.  After the walk, I received a call from DH's original hospice nurse who is working on a proposal for "i-pods for Alzheimer's patients".  She asked if I would volunteer to help if her proposal was accepted, and I said yes.  Definitely a cause to support.

Now it is back to my regular Saturday chores -- laundry, financial review, etc.  

My big de-cluttering project yesterday was going through my socks.  You would not believe how many socks that I tossed.  While I discovered the need for a few navy trouser socks, I will still have many, many fewer socks that I had in the past.  

Waves to all or our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. As usual, I like what your ordered from JCP, Bernie.  

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13)

@LindaLatte  Linda, I am so glad to read that the weather held up for the Alzheimer's Walk this morning.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I was up at 6:30 and managed to catch AM Style from start to finish this morning.  I decided to remove the marketplace posting for the DVDs and donate them to my local library instead.  They loan out DVDs so perhaps I have a title they don't have.  If not, the used bookstore within the library sells gently used books and movies.  It felt right to donate them.  I then drove to the recycling center and my pizza place.  I have a rewards type punch card at my pizza place and once you fill the card, you get a free pizza.  That card has been full for awhile and another one is more than half full.  Today I took advantage of the freebie.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It is good that the Walk was not rained out.  I   know that you will continue to be supportive of efforts.

Bernie--I think donating the DVDs to the library was a good move. You no longer have them plus a variety of people will be able to benefit from them.

I went to the city with the intention of checking out the new Ulta, having lunch with a friend and then getting groceries. I didn't sleep last night and the cold rain and temps in the 40s did not make for a good trip. When I came out of lunch, I realized that I was beginning to feel extremely tired and was not in the mood to battle shoppers in order to get groceries. I came home and went to bedd.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.