Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. Right now, I'm watching AM Style but will be leaving for the city soon. I'll be wearing the TSV earrings in black which is more of a dark hematite and go well with my IM ceramic watch in hematite.

I don't need the TSV; however, I do have a Calista Perfecter in the 3/4 inch size and it works very well.

Today is National Handbag Day or at least an Amazon ad on Facebook would have us to believe. In honor of it, they have some high end handbags 50% off as one of the deals of the day. I keep getting emails alerting me to an upcoming Clarks show on the Q so I might tune that in. JCP has quit carrying a good selection of Clarks.

My thoughts and prayers are with Twinny as she deals with the challenges presented by her ailing mother.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.l

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, OCT. 10)

Oh, I did like that Dennis Basso Moto jacket. It went into the cart but I decided to wait and think about it.

I am off to the city after picking up a friend. The IM TSV boots are going with me to be dropped off at the Post Office near the city as ours doesn't open at the window until 10am.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, thanks for getting us started this morning.  I guess I sort of watched AM Style this morning.  I participated in the weekly chat and this week the posters were in rare form, I was nearly rolling on the floor with laughter.

Have a nice time in the city today.  If it's National Handbag day, I'm in good shape and don't need a new one.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning all, and thanks to KK for starting the thread. Hope you enjoy your trip to the city with your friend. Sorry you had to return the IM boots. I don't need another handbag, more boots or a hair tool, so I am good to go. lol.

I also wish twinny the best of luck in taking care of her mother. Its tough making those decisions that won't be popular with the aging parent, but...

birdmama, agree the AMS crew were in great form this morning, lol. I enjoyed the chat.

Thinking I may start my annual saga of leaf raking today or tomorrow. The trees still are pretty full, but enough on the ground to make a start. Other than that, not much else planned for today. Waves to everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Have a good time in the city with your friend today, Jean.  Glad you are enjoying your new earrings.  I really don't need anything in terms of shoes, handbags,shoes, or hair tools, but that does not keep me from looking, unfortunately.  I did notice that my winter purse (black leather) is showing some signs of wear.  So, I guess I can start to check black leather purses.  No rush at all.

Hi Bernie -- glad the AM Style thread was so much fun this morning.  I could use a good laugh, so I will probably check it out.

Leaf-raking is a thing of the past for me, snicks.  I do remember spending hours doing so when I lived in Maryland.  It could be tedious, but much better than shoveling snow, etc.  And, I did love some of the Fall smells as well as the colorful leaves.

I continue to pray for twinny.  Hope you feel up to posting with us soon.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Marijane, Susan, Charlene, Barbara, Rosa, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

So far, it is a quiet Saturday here.  The Fall party at the day services place was nice.  They had more people than expected -- most of the participants had at least one caregiver there.  One of the ladies from the caregiver group came over to talk to the people at our table -- she has decided to put her DH into an assisted living type place next month -- she was going through so many emotions.  Her husband has dementia and many other health issues and is confined to a wheelchair, etc.

After we left the party, I went to the new doctor -- quite a wait, which made me feel bad about leaving the party early.  Anyway, I like the new doctor.  We talked about my arthritic knee, and he suggested wearing a knee brace (elastic sort of thing), which I already had at home.  He also prescribed a prescription gel, which I was able to pick up at the pharmacy yesterday afternoon.  I was surprised that it was ready so quickly.  Anyway, I used the gel last night, and it seemed to help a lot.  But, I am concerned about some of the warnings on the label, so I will try not to use this product too often.  He said that it was possible that I was exercising too much and this was causing tendon? pain.  I'll try to make it a little easier on my knee tomorrow at the gym.

DGS' football team didn't play well last night, and they lost the game.  I'm sure that will made for a less than fun weekend at DD's house.  

DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I'll do my strong bones workout later.  My usual laundry and financial review awaits me.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It seems like fall out there - it's 66° out but overcast, which makes it seem much cooler - at least the heavy rain we had all day yesterday into the early morning hours has stopped. It's supposed to go back up to the 80s in a few days, so maybe I can get the outside work done - pool put away, final grass cutting, weeds chopped down, etc.  As for today, no special plans, apart from a relatively simple homework assignment - after that one I have to get to work on my final papers, as I'd like to get them out of the way early. 

My heart goes out to twinny; it's so difficult to take care of an elderly or sick person.  When my mother got gangrene because she refused to spend money to see a doctor after her injured foot wasn't healing and ended up with her leg being amputated, she expected to be waited on hand and foot, refused any kind of therapy, and would just scream and scream (no words, just noise) when she didn't get the attention she felt she deserved.  Actually, she was about the age I am now when she died, but she made her own choices, which led to her early death. My late husband's father had medical issues and his wife took care of him until she had a stroke - then my former husband was stuck taking care of them both (no help whatsoever from his sister), and they were actually in competition as to who was sicker and needed his attention!  Point is, it's extremely difficult to be a caretaker, as people can be a real trial....  Praying for twinny. 

LindaL, I'm so glad the day care is working out; I know how much that break means to you. 

Bird, I live in a relatively small town - litterally across the street from a mid-sized city - but some of the ISP techs think maybe there's interference because there are so many other networks in the area.  It's getting really frustrating; last night I couldn't play YouTube videos at all.

Love the cat pic - I've actually had people tell me I need to "train" my cats to stay off the counters and furniture.  Yeah, right...

Well, I guess I should take the dogs for a ride or something; I want to get out of the house, but don't need to do any shopping, and the weather isn't nice enough to drive through the countryside...maybe I'll go to Cook Out for a late lunch.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, Have fun wearing your new earrings in the city today.  It is funny that you mention national handbag day today.  I went to the QVC outlet store about 10 days all total.  I found nothing the first week but the 2nd week they had all TIG bags $29.99.  D & B bags were $109 down from $354, ORYANI bags were all $99, GILI bags were $54.15 from $190-211, Isaac bags were between $43.88-69.99 from $156-164.  The D & B bas under $250 were all 65% off.  I bought no bags but the ladies were going nuts.BIRD MAMA, Thanks for your message to me last evening.  Your words meant so much to me.  SNICKS, The trees are getting beautiful here too.  LL, sorry about DGS loss last night, but he has worse things to think about right now I am sure.  FHG, thanks for thinking about me also.  I will post again in case I lose this message.  Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

SNICKS,  I got up an hour earlier from your heads up about AMS being earlier today.  It was cold in the house, but warmed up nicely.  I did 3 loads of laundry between the chats.  I had breakfast early too & then showered & got ready for my day.  DH had breakfast & then we went to buy mom some nice things for her b'day.  We got her a fluffy warm sweater in aqua, a pair of jog style pants in grey to match & a hooded knitted sweater in a darker teal to match all.  We headed for the hosp. at 10:30 to take her to her rehab center 2 blocks away.  She was pleasant but very confused yet.  She has 2 drawers in a dresser, a full closet & a nice hutchf which I was busy getting her things situated in.  They did make me happy when they said that she can come here next Sat. for her party & we will take her back about 4 hours later.  I ordered the cheese/sausage tray to be picked up next Friday.  My brother is bringing a large ham which will be a big help.  I need to buy the buns, make my peach jello/mountain dew/grape/mandarin orange salad & chips & dip.  DD is bringing a lovely cake.  DH took her some more birthday cards this afternoon & she is still very confused.  She wanted to know when I was giving her the PT.  I am posting about our trip next.  Hope that I don't bore all of you. 

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Oh Twinny I am so happy.  I was afraid to suggest that she might get a leave of absence from the rehab because I knew skilled nursing facilties did it, but wasn't sure about the rehab facility rules of engagement.

I'm sorry that she is still a bit disoriented and confused.  Have they ruled out any side effects from the fall, like a bump on the head.

When your blood is really low, that means your oxygen level in your blood is low, which can definitely impact clarity of thought.

You are not boring anybody - PS I want to acknowledge that I do understand you were talking to Snicks - I'm am a butt insky LOL.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

We left home Mon Sept. 21 & got to Shanksville after lunch on Tuesday.  That is where Flight 93 went down on Sept. 11th.  There was a beautiful memorial museum that just opened up the week before.  I have been wanting to go there for several years so it was really worth going to.  It was then on to Lancaster where we were for the next 6 days.  I also went to the Studio Store one   day to buy my trusty T.I.P.S. nail polish remover.  Week 2 we went to DE for 2 days of beach time.  All on the chesapeake Bay.  we got a $20 ticket at the 2nd beach as we didn't see a sign about paying anything & the next day the beach was free.  All 3 beaches were beautiful.  Then it was on to MD for 3 days.  our Bed & Breakfast hostess suggested many things to do in easton, MD so we did them all.  We had lunch at a seafood/steak place.  I had the MD blue soft shell crab & DH had steak.  Then it was on to a wonderful Maritime Museum where they showed how to do oystering, crabbing etc.  Then it was back to Lancaster, PA where I did some fun shopping at the Q Outlet store.  I got a pair of periwinkle capris for $6.80, a navy pair of capris for $9.16, a navy/lime green top for $10.47, a navy crochet 3/4 length sweater for $12.67 all D & Co. at 60% off.  I also got a QF pair of navy capris/matching top for $20.92.  All coats were 70% off the first week & there were lots of Isaac, DB & SG.  I wanted to get a pair of boots as they were all 70% off the first week & shoes 65% off the 2nd week.  DARN! None of them felt comfy for me.  I saw Marc Fisher shoes, Isaac shoes/boots/Earthies/Clarks & lots of other brands.  Some good friends met up with us on Tuesday in Shipshewana, IN & we had a nice Amish lunch together.The flea market was closed for the season, but on Weds. we all went to the Amish auction.  She bought 2 JD very heavy fold up chairs for $70 about 10 times less than they sell for & they were brand new.  I tried to buy a nice picture with a beaufiful Amish scene on it, but it was out of my price range.  I did buy a brand new Campbell's soup kids soup tureen/ladle for $5.00 & 4 large soup mugs to match for $5.00.  Tomorrow is rest up day for us after we do church & lunch out.  My brother is coming to see mom tomorrow so my next day will be on Monday.  I need to show them her insurance cards etc.