Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. It is another perfect day here. I get my...

Good afternoon. It is another perfect day here. I get my infusion on weds and hope things improve. My issue is different than yours, Twinny.
When I de clutter, I sing "let it go"... Lol. I do not get too attached to things. This house is a perpetual state of de cluttering.

My dhs is coming down to do some landscaping work for us. My kids are good people.
Bernie, your birds sound so interesting.
Jean, my dd works for your insurance company and was not surprised with the meal offer. She thinks they care the best for their patients.
I am knitting sydnie a doggie. It is a pain to make but turns out very cute. She has a pink one from last year named Blossom.
Greetings to all
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon. It is another perfect day here. I get my...

Okay girls, since it's raining here, I googled enough sites that reviewed and described the KonMari method  enough for me to really grasp it without actually buying the book. Man Tongue

In case you are wondering, I tend to use the man emoties because his face is clearer to my eye.  The girl emoties look like they are snarling or crabby.

I will never be a 'folder' like the author of the book, so I am taking one item out of the closet at a time and putting it on and walking around the house.

So far, found a pair of shoes that haven't sparked joy since day one.  Also found a pink button-less sweater that would have been joyful if it wasn't too big for me - no joy there.  I am wearing a Denim & Co suedecloth vest as I type.  I so want this thing to bring me joy..... not working.

Oddly enough, I think jewelry will be easy.  The easiest room in my house would be the kitchen because there is little there that gives me joy as a single person (rofl).  I'm afraid if I get rid of most of the dishes and casserole dishes, etc. one of my sisters will have a heart attack - the kitchen could end up looking like I just moved in and have no money.

For now, I am having no anxiety whatsoever.  I'll check back and let you know how it goes.

Barbara - I'm not singing let it go yet, but I just might put on some Ed Sheeran.  Lots of his songs are about broken relationships so that might empower me even more to break up with my items that don't spark as much as a fizzle.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good afternoon. It is another perfect day here. I get my...

Snicks--Those ottomans are very nice and look like leather. I  have a couple in another room and they wear very well. One is by my favorite chair and has proven it can handle Midight without a problem. He is such a well behaved cat and has never damaged anything. I do hope you were able to get the storm damage picked up.

Linda--Glad you enjoyed your lunch yesterday. As usual, your financial review keeps you on top of things. Celebrating an 80th birthday is quite an event so I'm sure you will enjoy that "new" lady's special day.

Barbara--I got a chuckle out of your singing "Let It Go" when decluttering. Very appropriate! I'm really impressed with you DD's insurance company. They do a great job; very customer friendly and helpful.

Bernie--I like your style. I'm with you! Why buy the book when you can google info and discover the basics of a method free. Free is always good! I'm also with you on the kitchen being the easiest to declutter. I don't need all that fancy food prep items. The simpler the better! A single person's life does not need to be overwhelmed with gadgets, etc. I'm not into singing "Breaking Up is Hard to Do," or whatever right now, but it may be in my future. I really find it hard to part with some items even if they don't bring me joy at a specific time despite their doing so at another time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Update - I am getting ready to head over to the Salvation Army as soon as I this posts.  There wasn't much on the clothes front because I purged pretty good last month.

I have a habit of removing tags from clothes because they bug my neck.  Some of the items I discarded probably could have been donated but I had no tags.

Discard:  black loafers (clarks, I wore them alot so can't donate); pink, tan and grey cardigans (too large and sloppy); denim & co s/s tunic sweatshirt (won't fall for that again); George Simonton top ( wore the heck out of it and it's looking a little raggedy); base metal double feather earrings from the 1980's (lol).

On the jewelry front - I probably could have sold 99% of this.  I know nothing about Craig's List or Ebay.  Not inclined to want to earn.  Besides, I don't tithe to a church and feel God's loves a cheerful giver, so I don't ask for a receipt. 

Donate:  summer maxi skirt - orange and oatmeal striped (cute, just rarely wear it); tan tank (brand new - last time Meijer had a sale, I bought one in medium and didn't know I had a large one, which ended up too big); suede cloth vest and skirt.

Sterling Silver - red jasper pendant with chain; novica sterling silver station necklace; link station bracelet; circle link bracelet; diamond cut drop station earrings; wing earrings (shhh - was a gift); artisan crafted pendant from Mexico; Relios inlay pendant.  Only non sterling was a pair of Judith Jack earrings from long ago when shoulder dusters were popular.  We're talking 1/2 moon with wolf sitting on half moon with a star dangling from half moon.  There is Native American heritage on my Dad's side and I went through quite a wolf/feather phase.

Much of the sterling I donated I bought from QVC when I started shopping here and you could get it for a song.  As a white metal person, I think I went a little crazy.  Who I am going to give this to?  I don't wear all of it, I tend to stick with the same old pieces all of the time.

Actually, this exercise has me pondering my advance order necklace from the Italy event. 

I think there may be another pass at the jewelry.  The pieces I have spark joy from a jewelry appreciation standpoint.  Do I remember to rotate them and wear them often.  Not really as I can feel my face getting pink.

I guess I can try to plan my jewelry usage better when I get dressed in the morning for work.

Honored Contributor

IT's 61 degrees here, wind gusts up to 29 MPH and rain.  The leaves are green on the tree but it feels like fall.

Respected Contributor

Wow you ladies are having some unusual weather.  I posted yesterday but it went poof.  No autosaved---just vanished. 

Birdmama:  Happy birthday to your boy!. 

Respected Contributor

Hi girls,

Just checking in; it's an icky, rainy days, which suits my mood....I'm numb over Gideon - I had him for about 11 years, longer than any other furbaby - and I can't believe he's gone. 

I have papers to write, but can't get motivated...I can probably finish the shorter one by tomorrow, but will email the other prof and tell her it's going to be  a day or two late.

Have a blessed evening, everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Glad you checked in Arlene.  We are all thinking of you and your loss.

Honored Contributor

Arlene, be patient with yourself hon, a loss like this is never easy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I know well about collecting jewely when it was inexpensive on QVC. I ended up selling part of my gold. I am a white metals lover also. You did a good job of finding items to remove.

Arlene--I'm happy to see you postig after the death of your beloved fur-baby. It is definitely painful.

LindaR--It is good to see you checking in. Sorry that your posts disappeared because I enjoy reading them.

The free meals which Humana said they were sending me arrived today in dry ice and delivered by FedEx. I decided to have one tonight. It wasn't bad. It was a very good beef patty with gravy, sweet potatoes and mixed greens. In addition to the variety of entrees, they included a loaf of whole wheat bread, a variety of individual servings of juices, butter and jelly, Quaker oatmeal bars to go, and a selection of Little Debbie cookies.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.