Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 23)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with the weather person calling for the highest temperatures in 3 years with the advice of staying inside if at all possible. The heat index will be over 100 with actual temps in the upper 90s.

My cousin uses "MyPillow" and says that it is the best home purchase she ever made. Having said that, I have no plans to buy the TSV as I have a set of pillows ready to go when I decide my current pillows need replacement. I bought these when on sale at Kohls at 50% off plus a 30% off coupon thinking I would need a replacement soon...and that time is rapidly approaching.

I was reading the Beauty thread about It cosmetics being sold. Tiime will tell if current It cosmetic customers will still receive the same quality. I can remember when Bliss body care products were being hyped and sold on the Q. They are now available at Kohls. This is the nature of change; products come and go as well as the merchant where they are sold. I can remember when Perlier was sold on the Q, as well as Joy M. I remember her RolyPoly kit being the big hype.

Change is the nature of life. Sometimes, we don't like change but sometimes change can be for the good. We just like change better when we initiate the change.

I'm getting ready to fix an early lunch and then will be off to the city. I could have lunch there but my change includes not eating out so much despite how much I enjoy it.

Kathleen is starting her new job today, and Linda is facing many changes in her life with DH's illness. Others of us are decluttering as a change. Others have lost family members or beloved pets,  or changes in personal health or marital status. Change is the nature of life!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Perhaps that is a change we all need to maintain or implement

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JULY 23)

Dog days of summer,

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Love, love the graphic!! In these hot days, owners need to remember pets suffer from heat also!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- it's been hot here all week.  Makes me sad, I can't enjoy a morning on the deck.

We have My Pillows.  Had them for a few years; I have to say, have tried so many that didn't work.  These have worked the very best for us.Woman Very Happy

The BBQ was packed last night for the benefit, so happy.  The food was wonderful, the band played until 11:30PM.  I am hopeful they made a great deal of money for the family.

Life is all about change, our oldest leaves one state after his thesis defense this week and moves onto a new state to do a post doc.  He excited, but leaving behind so many good friends.  He'll make new ones, of course, but it's all about change.

New, exciting and sad, difficult.  Such is change in our lives.

We change, we grow.

Have a great day ladies - remember that wonderful thing called the SAVINGS ACCOUNT.  It's not what you make, it's what you keep!!

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat  for the start, you are right the only thing constant is change, don't remember who said that but it is true.  I have a My Pillow, do not find it remarkable, just ok.  Enjoy your time in the city.

@meallen616 love the pix today, my Sadie doesn't stay out long these days, she knows what's best.

Trying to get at the basement decluttering today, it's a never ending chore.  Have the dining room curtains in the wash so will do the windows (inside, have no desire to do the outside in this heat) & light fixture, china cabinet, etc, it's been awhile to necessary.

Hope all are coping with whatever obstacles are in the way, & please try to stay cool

Essie

Super Contributor

It's very hot this weekend where I live, 108 today. We also have a fire burning out of control about 40 miles away, ash everywhere and very bad air quality. So indoors only !

Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5--It is great that the BBQ benefit was packed. I'm sure that the family is most appreciative. Yes, the hot weather makes staying on the deck an uncomfortable option. Glad the MyPillow work for you.

Essie--Working in the basement decluttering is a great option as you can take advantage of the cooler temps. You will be busy with that plus washing the curtains and inside of the windows.

Jennifer--You definitely have high temps, which makes it difficult to fight fires. I do hope the fire does not spread.  Those conditions make it very difficult to breathe, so inside makes great sense.

I am off to the city. I was just thinking when AC was an option on cars. I can also remember no AC in this house. That was a change I made almost 20 years ago.

Super Contributor

Konakat , safe travels to the city! 😎

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, no TSV for me as I want to see the pillow in person.  You are so right about changes.  I've had sad ones, happy ones, fun ones.  It is no wonder my emotions are out of control at times.  I just try to take things one day at a time.

meallen616, your graphics always bring a smile to my face.

3suwm5,  How great for the large BBQ turnout.  We have been through college graduations & our DS moved from WI to  Boston 19 years ago.  All is well & we now have a wonderful place to visit & a DDIL!

SPIX, I love doing jobs in the basement where it is extra cool this time of the year.  We even slept in the guest bedroom down there last night.

I got up late this morning, but have no big plans today.  We are still under heat warnings through tomorrow night.

Our church potluck is tomorrow. DH will have to set up without me as it will be too hot for me.  This is the one thing that we usually do.  It was scheduled for June, but got bumped by a Sunday afternoon wedding.

Off to make taco salads for lunch.  DH plans to grill steaks for dinner, but I hear thunder.  We are expecting rain today & tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, still for a few more minutes. Thanks @KonaKat for the start. Yes change is the only constant.

Hope you enjoy your trip to the city. I am not interested in the My Pillow, they look the same as some I used to see long ago, I'm sure they are not the same, but still...

I wonder if IT will still be sold on QVC after selling to Loreal, or if it will soon be available in all the stores where Loreal is currently sold, even Walmart. I have never tried any of the IT products so don't know much about the quality, etc.

Good luck to Kathleen on her new job, hope she likes it and that it is a good fit for her.

@meallen616, cute graphic, I do watch my dog pretty carefully while we are out and sometimes I do put her back in the cool house before I am finished outside work as I can see she is getting too hot. Hate to hear when people leave their pets in cars during hot temps. Even a few minutes is often too long.

@3suwm5, glad the My Pillows work well for you. It is indeed too hot to spend time on our deck also. Happy the BBQ last night was packed, hopefully lots of money was made for the family. Sorry your son is leaving the state, but they must go where they must to do what they need for their lives. It is often sad for us, their parents though.

@spix, wow, lady, you have more ambition than I do today. Hope you get some decluttering done in the basement, the windows and curtains are something I must tackle soon also.

@1jenniferjuniper, 108 is indeed very hot, hoping the wild fires stay away from you. I am sure the air quality is bad, so indoors is the way to go for sure.

@twinny70, hope you enjoy the potluck tomorrow and can stay cool. Taco salad sounds good.

I was going to mow earlier this morning but did not have enough gas in the can, so didn't even start. I didn't want to go get gas, then do the mowing, so will get gas later and mow tomorrow. Made a big brunch for when hubby got home from his half day at work this morning, they start at 4:30am and get off at 10:30, so he got home just a bit ago. I may spend part of my afternoon in the pool. Trucker girl is changing companies she drives for, turning in her truck tomorrow, going straight to the next company to start on Monday. The new company is paying her rental car and motel for Sunday night. Hope this change is a good one for her. She had so many frustrations with the current company that I don't blame her for changing. Runner girl is also considering a couple jobs that would entail her moving back across the country by herself till her hubby retires from the military, not something she wants to do as they have spent too much time apart while he has been deployed many times, but must for her own career to move forward. Both jobs she is considering are excellent positions and good fits for her skills and for what she feels she needs to do to move upwards. So, those are the changes going on in our lives. Not much else here, waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".