Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN. 28)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you feel better soon.

It is cool again here today (highs in the 50's again), but it is supposed to get warmer next week.  Good timing for coming back to Arizona, Barbara.  I saw some of AM Style while i was walking indoors this morning -- nothing excited me enough to purchase.  However, I know that seeing something presented can often be tempting. No TSV either -- I love the flameless candles and lanterns, but I have enough.  That is what I keep telling myself at least.

DH was okay when I visited yesterday evening, but he is still having mobility problems.  At least he is still smiling.  We have a HOA (community association) meeting today, and it is supposed to last three hours.  It does include a catered lunch, but three hours is a lot.  Hope to duck out a bit early.  I have been doing laundry and getting my financial stuff together so I can do it later.  I want to take a walk outdoors as well.

Waves to twinny, Marijane, Bernie, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Marijane, I've only tried one Mexican food place and it was good. Mexican is different everywhere you go and I miss our Tex-Mex! Err haven't been to Seattle yet - traffic is terrible here so we just hadn't fine any of the tourist things yet. I'm sure there are some good restaurants around, we just haven't really looked yet and I don't like too eat alone all the time.

Barbara, your family week sounds wonderful. I bet the dancing is fabulous too. My dog is not a lap size but she is cuddly and often lays on my feet.

Jean, my cousin constantly shares pictures of Hawaii and I think of you. DD put Hawaii on her dream sheet but there's no telling where they will send her next.

Bernie, a pizza sounds awfully good right now. What toppings do you get? We bought one from the little convenience store last week and it was good while it was hot. Almost went to pizza hut lady night but ended up coming home.

Twinny I hope you find your suit. You probably have several with that hot tub. I really miss having a hot tub!

Not much going on here. We cook breakfast every day and I'm really sick of eggs now. I tried to rent movies at the redbox and some guy wanted to switch machines because the one I was using had his game. I'm not the decisive sort so I just let him have it and walked away. I know it's silly to some, but I just feel bad at those machines when I know I'm making someone wait. Some days I just feel bad no matter what I do. Then other times I feel like a warrior princess. 😉 Hugs to all.
Respected Contributor

Charlene, is it a quilt you are making? Once I get some things done here - a couple smaller projects, I want too start on DDs tshirt quilt. I have no idea how but I'm sure will figure it out.

Linda, so glad DH had a smile. 3 hour meetings - ugh! I hope the food is tasty! 😉
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I haven't tried LE as our nearest one is 45 minutes away & the choices are poor.  I did buy a nice one at the QVC Outlet a few years agoi & it was nice.  Have fun at the pine wood derby races.  We used to have them here, but haven't heard about them this year.  Used to be in January too.

Bird Mama, enjoy your pizza & have fun with thy Total Gym.

CERB, my birthday was yesterday.  We were going to go away for the day, but ran into  church friends last week.  It was when we belonged to the "under 40's." He.  He.  I had the prongs checked on my diamond/wedding ring, 40th anniversary Ruby ring & my mom's wedding ring & all of them cleaned & and appraisal on mom's wedding ring.  I am giving my wedding ring to my DD, my Ruby ring to my DGD & mom's wedding ring to my niece while I still have my mind.  After doing mom's estate, I am just getting some piece of mind.  Good luck with your quilt project.  

Sydsgma, it is colder here too, but I am loving the snow that we got this week.  Hope that you have safe travels tomorrow.  Sydney must be a fabulous dancer.  Good for her.

Linda L, a 3 hour meeting is too long for me too.  Glad that your DH is still smiling.  

Enjoy your walk.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Image result for shopping weekend images

Honored Contributor

@Rock_chick

I go cheap on the pizza - Little Caesar hot and ready large pepperoni $5.  I pull off the pepperoni, dab some of the fat and sprinkle on some flax seeds. 

Flax seeds is new - trying to raise my good cholesterol since I got in trouble for it last blood draw.  Honestly I'm at a point where I think I am going to skip blood draws period, except at the thyroid doctor and that's only cuz the Synthroid dosage is based on blood draw.

I treat myself once every two or three weeks.  I could eat pizza 3 times a week if cholesterol wasn't a concern.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

TWinny happy belated birthday to you.  I order on line from Lands end.....we don't have any near us...if fact I did not realize they had any stores...just on line and mail catalogues .

Jean and Charlene thanks for the info on as is products.  I do have several of that style Jean  I don't ever remember paying that high of a price as they are saying it was before the"as is"  is price.  CHarlene sounds like you have a quite a job ahead of you with the quilt but  I am sure it will beautiful when finished.

I'm not sure what happened to the sun it has  gotten raw and windy out.

Trusted Contributor

TWinny the Pine wood derby is with the cub scouts...my GS is one.  THey get a block of wood... About the size of  a brick .and they carve,to resemble a race car...paint put wheels on it race them on tracks the leaders put up.  it's a group competition with several different dens.   MY youngest was a Cub Scout too so I remember that Derby..... enough said!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Having a fur baby on the lap is always comforting. Your comfort project sounds great! I'm not talented in that area or don't have the patience but I have seen many nice projects others have done. I saw one done with a collection of tees bought at each travel destination. I had never considered that as a possibility when traveling as I don't wear tees but a comfort or quilt would have been a great way to remember all the sites.

Linda--I am sorry that DH is still having some mobility issues but it is good that he has a good attitude about it. I'm not sure I could sit through 3 hours of a HOA meeting. Lunch is a redeeming feature.

Kathleen--It will take time to get adjusted to living in your new home region and to find your new favorite restaurants but that will take time. It sounds as if it is time to discover a new breakfast eatery as a break from home cooking and same old, same old despite how good it might be.

meallen--The thread is not complete without one of your great graphics.

Bernie--I used ground flax seed and sprinkle it on my oatmeal for the omega 3's in it, etc. I am now in the mood for pizza.

Marijane--I have ordered less than ten "as is" items and all have been satisfactory but all but two were from lines I had used previously. The two were a IM handbag and the IM pants ordered today. The reduction in price can represent a big savings at times. Usually, the full price item is still in stock. A good time to check and I often forget to do this is to check after a TSV is presented for returns, etc. The positives are a savings in price plus the ability to return the item within 30 days as with a full priced item.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I just realized that I had not placed an order with Amazon during January. With today's order of the IM pants from "as is" on the Q, this has definitely been a low expenditure month. Now, onward to February! Needs first!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.