Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 18)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I would have posted sooner, but it has been one thing after another -- computer running slow, printer ink running out, etc.  I am interested in the TSV, but not enough to purchase.  The price is not great, in my opinion.  And, I am just not sure about my numeric size.  While they are certainly not a "need", I wear a lot of capri pants during the warmer months, and we have lots of warmer months here.   I liked the look of those sandals you have, but I need a back strap to my sandals or they fall off.  It is okay indoors, but not outdoors.   Sorry they are closing the K-Mart and discontinuing your crops.  We don't have any K-Marts near here, and I have never found much at a K-Mart.  You certainly found some good buys, Bernie.

We are having cloudy weather with rain off and on so far.  I managed to take a walk when it wasn't raining.  I'll be visiting DH soon.

I saw on FB that Marijane's husband's car has been found.  It is supposed to be okay, which is great news.

Waves to Bernie, twinny (have a nice, relaxing day), and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I'm not used to the numerical sizing for D&C as I am used to the letter system in which a letter generally covered a wider size range. I looked at the garment measurements on the TSV and it appears that they might be cut a little smaller than a similar numerical size on another line. I think in this situation of doubt regarding the sizing, it is best to wait and read the reviews. I'm glad that you were able to get in a walk before visiting DH.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

We were out of town for a few days (RV)...back home a loving having a little more elbow room.  My husband was going to run a few errands and then decided against it..will wait til Monday.   Honestly, I was looking forward to a little me time and that has changed 

This am I hit a couple of garage sales.  It is my new weekend pastime and I have found some really good deals on a few household things and even clothing.  It really makes me fill good to get a quality item and only pay 50 cents or a dollar.  I bought a dress at one of the garage sales that was Dress Barn, it was lined and only payed 2 dollars.  I also go a sterling silver, with charm key ring still in the box from Nordstroms...I found it online priced for over 200 dollars and I payed 7 dollars.   They lady told me she had it for over 10 years, kept it in the box, but never really liked it.  

Well, very warm here...catching up on computer stuff and sorting through things.   We plan to have a garage sale this Spring.    I hope everyone is having a good day.   Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--Yard sales can be a great source of items at a low cost. It sounds like you lucked out with the jewelry item. Sorry you didn't have the free time for "me" time. Togetherness can be good but time alone can also be good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.