Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is another dreary and off and on rainy day here.

I was so tired from work this week and running a temp with headache that I hit the bed soon after getting home from work yesterday. I feel much better today.

So far, I have not been tempted much by anything I have seen on the Q but the price on the HSN laptop Special Value is tempting. Mine is 4 years old but still serves its purpose and functions well enough for my use.

Tomorrow, I'll likely go to an hour away and pick up my niece for an outing. She has had knee replacement and other than physical therapy, she hasn't had an outing just for fun. She doesn't deal well with being "trapped," and like me, she enjoys work and is looking forward to the time she can go back to work.

I have two flats of succulents that need to be planted, so I hope to do that this weekend. Last year, I ordered one from Cottage Farms which did very well. I discovered them at Lowes for about half the price. These are slightly smaller and do not have the variety of succulents found in the Cottage Farms but they will work for me right now.

I did watch AM Style but nothing caught my attention enough to hold it. I don't even remember much of what was shown. I do remember the SG TSV dress was shown again, a dress that I had to send back because of the fit which was off for me.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 30)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat, for the start. I watched/chatted through AMS, no purchases for me today. Sorry you have not been feeling well and so tired, good that you got rested and are feeling better today. Enjoy your outing with your niece tomorrow and good luck getting your succulents in the ground.

It's raining here today also. Not much planned for today. Waves to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....unlike Jean and Snicks it is a sunny day here..in the 50's no wind....but tomorrow we will be getting the rain.    Good luck planting Jean,I'm still going to wait a few more weeks especially when we had freeze warning out earlier in the week.

We are off to Brooklyn in a little bit to our GS's belated b'day party in some sports place.  Hoping to stay a few hours and then make our getaway.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane 

Trusted Contributor

Hi all, Jean - thanks for getting us started today.  Sorry you haven't been feeling well.  Hope the visit with your niece is great and you're able to get your succulents planted.  Hi Snicks and Marijane!

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday.  The electricity was out in a large area for about 9 hours.  My DH didn't come home from a side job, to run the generator for a while.  I was a bit annoyed by that, but I think the contents in the frig and freezer are fine, as I didn't open the doors.  I went and got lab work done for my physical, then went by the library and got a great deal on some cozy mystery books (they have a used book store).  Many of them were .10, others the more normal .50.  Then I went to this local store called the Super Bargain Store, which is a small liquidation type store.  Got some great deals there too, like 12 pack boxes of Clif granola bars for 1.99.  Score!  When I got home I worked on taking boxes of books down to my new storage shed and began sorting and organizing them.  Lots more to do in that regard, lol.  Though I must say that this out-of-shape body of mine is feeling the results of lugging around boxes of books...

Today my DH and I are going to do outdoor chores.  We need to clean goat pens and do yard work.  My DH also had to buy a new lawnmower. and wants to try that out.  I'm hoping that tomorrow will actually be a day of rest.

Waves to all, and whatever fashions you're buying, I hope your purchases are wise and you enjoy them!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started Jean.  I'm glad you are feeling better.  Hope you have fun with your niece tomorrow and get your planting done.  

Hope you have a relaxing day, snicks.  We could use rain here, but no sign of it at the moment.  

Glad you are having sunny weather for your trip into Brooklyn, Marijane.  Hope your DGS enjoys his party, and it isn't too hard on his grandparents.

Books can be very heavy, Charlene.  Glad your food is okay despite the lack of electricity for several hours.  Good luck with your storage room efforts.  You certainly got some good deals at the store and library book store.  I have so many books, but I always see what is new when I visit our library bookstore.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Bernie, Esse, Gayle, pinky ann, Rosa, Barbara, Karen, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

DH had a pretty good night, but I couldn't get to sleep for some reason.  And, he also had an accident again this morning.  Not fun.  The social worker came yesterday afternoon, and she agreed the place I have in mind is really nice.  I talked to his DD yesterday evening, and she is very supportive of a two week respite time for me.  I am seriously thinking of taking a trip, so part of my restlessness was no doubt due to deciding on what trip to take, etc.  I receive the Miss Minimalist e-mails, and I purchased her short book (she has a new longer one just released) for my Kindle.  It is very inspirational to me, and I want to work on de-cluttering right away since these positive feelings have a tendency to fade for me.  

Nothing exciting planned for today -- laundry is already started, I'll do my weekly financial review.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Enjoy your day; a little relaxation is a great priority.

Marijane--Your outing to Brooklyn sounds great; enjoy your day.

Charlene--Going without electricity has its perils,  but it is great that it did not affect your food.

Linda--I think a two week respite or trip might be a great option for you. You give so much and are so supportive of DH but you do need a break.

It is now pouring the rain with flash flood warnings issued. It doesn't look as if I'll be doing anything with the succulents today. I see Logo by LG is on now; time to find something else; perhaps finally getting around to fixing some lunch. I had been reading a good Kindle mystery but the Kindle needed recharged. Dirty Dancing is on VH1 at 3 Eastern; it is one of my favorite movies. Right now Criminal Minds looks like a great option to Lori.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello, I too watched AM Style and chatted through it with Snicks. 

I find myself in a funky mood.  It's the darndest thing to explain - no real reason to feel unsettled or melancholy, but unsettled and melancholy nonetheless.  Not sure what triggered it but am working through it. 

On these days, when I am 'not fit for human consumption' (a phrase I assigned this mood many years ago as a young teenager) I do my best critical thinking regarding clearing out closets, dressers, anything really.

I added more clothing items (some never worn) to my donation bag and figured the best way to get me out of my funk was to do something productive and something that benefitted others.

So, I changed the oil in my lawnmower, swept up the patio (lots of bird seed shells/husks) and then went to the Salvation Army to drop off the donation.

I felt a little lighter in spirit, stopped off at Little Caesars, grabbed the usual pizza and crazy bread (garlic bread and red sauce) and came home.

I'm debating on whether or not to try to cut the grass.  We had rain yesterday and I see my neighbor cut her grass.  Then again, she is so competitive about having the most groomed yard in the neighborhood, I've seen her cut grass immediately after it rains.  Whatever makes a person happy right?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, @KonaKat Thanx for the start, we have sme weather here, depressing.  hope you have a fun time with your niece.

snicks, you're in the same weather pattern, waiting for the sun

Marijane, enjoy your sun, I also am not planting yet, still too early for us here in ChiTown

Charlene, glad you suvived the electric outage, I remember some nastly ones here, no generator, so we did what we could.

Linda, Good idea for a respite, I think it'll do you a world of good, recharge the battery so to speak, caregivers are prone to burn out so take care of yourself.

Out to dinner tonite with a group of retired Cops in town from Florida, should be a rowdy time  lol,  will be fun to catch up even tho they'll make jokes about the weather.  Was going to wear my navy blue suede wedges, but not now with the rain, drats!  Did some weeding out today, got a few bags ready for Salvation Army, at least it's a start

Good Evening All                       Essie

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I can identify with the yucky mood; sometimes I just retreat to read and other times, I do what you do...try to be somewhat productive. Don't be concerned about the neighbor; I don't think it is good to cut wet grass. Good job on adding to the donation bag.

Essie--Good job on donations also. Enjoy your time out with the police. It should be an interesting time when they can let go..and you with them.

Respected Contributor

Hey @Bird mama, sorry I missed you, got a phone call in the middle of my post so it took awhile to finish.  As noted we have rain again so no grass cutting for us yet,  I know about those moods seems like no rhyme or reason, it'll pass & look what you got done.