Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautfil sunny but cool day. I do think I will go to the city after I have lunch. I have been fighting shooting pains like sciatica in both legs for almost a month. The medical approach didn't work, so I'm going to see my chiropractor who I haven't seen in years but did wonders with me when I had a problem several years ago.

Right now, I'm watching "Breaking Bad" via Netflix while trying to touch base with a business in Branson. We are playing telephone tag. Sometimes, I think that little speech you get when you can't get through is just a way of taking time off for a coffee break, etc. and they aren't really busy helping customers. And, to add to that, "we will get back to you quickly" is just a line as their definitition of "quickly" is not mine. I have this distinct feeling that they will call while I am in the city.

I like the TSV but don't have a need for it. Those bags, despite being nice, get very heavy when you have to carry them for "miles" in a big airport, especially if you have a shoulder problem.  If it doesn't roll and go under the seat, it isn't bought. I do have a Vera weekender but I just use it for car trips.

I discovered a pair of Clarks sandals I had put back and didn't wear last year. Why is beyond me as I like them. I'll be wearing them today and see if there is a reason they weren't worn. I think it is a matter of "out of sight out of mind," so they went forgotten.

I think this is adorable and a great way to lift the spirits in all the rain, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tzzDtDw-k

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 23)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the chiropractor can help with your pain.  I'll need to watch the video later, I like Blake for sure.  No TSV for me either, although it does look nice.  I purchased a bag from LLBean that serves this purpose.  It is not as cute, but a bit more practical.

It is supposed to make it into the upper 80's today, but be windy again.  DH isn't a fan of wind, but that is just the way it goes.  He is not sleeping very well lately, and yesterday he was doing a bunch of "wandering".  Just in the house and in the gym while I was exercising, but still upsetting.  He also made several messes.  I think he is also suffering from allergies, and did a bunch of coughing, etc. last night.  I gave him an allergy pill this morning.  Hopefully, that will help him.  

You are quite right about not donating "junk".  The thrift store has a couple of dumpsters full of junk, and I'm very conscious of not donating things that are not in good shape.  They do sell some items at very low cost -- 10 - 50 cents, so I don't feel bad donating a single mug or glass knowing that others might buy them (like I did).  Yesterday, I got hung up on going through my paper files.  I think I am about half way through one of the two drawers.  My shredder got a workout.  I am thinking about buying a better shredder, but I'm not there yet.

The caregiver came this morning, and we will be leaving for the podiatrist soon.  I am thinking about asking if they sell slippers in DH's size.  I have been totally unsuccessful in finding slippers in the stores or on-line that work for him.  He has wide and long feet which does not help.  But, me having to put the slippers on and off is also part of the problem.

I don't know my planets, Marijane, but I bet the very bright star I saw was Mars.  Do you have a telescope?  This area is very good for "star gazing" since there are observatories nearby, and they try to use as few lights as possible.  No streetlights in our developments, and not that many on the main street.  

Waves to Kathleen (glad your power is back), Arlene (your cakes sound delicious), twinny, Bernie, Susan, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, snicks (glad the wedding was great), Essie, LindaR, Barbara, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, sure hoping you can get a fix for your pain, & not have to wait too much longer for the return calls, frustrating.  

We have another beautiful day here, made a run to Home Depot for a couple of tomato plants, & my Amazon fertilizer arrived so wil go out and set up my straw bale, remains to be seen what kind of tomato's I get. 

@LindaLatte, you do have a lot on your plate, hope the time passes quickly so your vacation will give you time to re-charge.

Well out to the yard Sadie & I go, see ya later

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Your challenges are overwhelming, and DHs health issues are escalating. I think it is good that his DD will visit soon so she can see the changes. Hang in there! We are here to support you; that is what friends are fo.

Essie--I do hope the tomato plants work out well for you. I have grown them in a container but haven't done that for some time. I haven't received the return call, so I might take matters in my own hands when I get back this evening.

I've had lunch, so I am now off to the city.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope that you get some pain relief real soon.  No fun for sure.  I also have been playing phone tag. Yesterday I found a new pair of sandals that I bought last year & forgot about.  Just a reminder to organize my closet soon.

LINDA L,  It is breezy & lovely today.  DH had lab  & Dr. followup.  All is well there.   I wrapped a couple of wedding gifts as we have 3 weddings & 1 graduation party  in the next few weeks.  Good luck at the podiatrist.

SPIX, I got up early & hung 2 loads of laundry out as it is sunny  breezy.  Then went & bought 4 tomato plants.  I would like one more.

We are expecting rain off & on most of the week, but it will be good for my tomato plants.  Hopefully DH will plant them after lunch.  I need to spray paint the 4 new wooden numbers that I bought on Saturday.  The other ones need to be replaced.

It is going to be another busy week around here, so I will post when I can

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all,

I never really did get much done after Amazon delivered my CDs, lol.  I've always been the type of person who has to listen to new music.  Was the same as a kid with albums.  If I buy multiples I just have to stop and listen to each one at least once, lol.  I'll tell you what, maybe it was the dancing around the house or just being disconnected from the TV, but I felt relaxed and slept like a log.

What I found particularly cool was when I was dancing around in the hall upstairs, Presto would fly out and sit on my shoulder and walk down my arm.  This happened more on the slow jams, she couldn't keep up with her mama on the fast ones when I was bopping all over. 

Some days it's like living in a Disney cartoon.  I love it!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a beautiful day out; I don't "need" to go anywhere except to Tractor Supply for kitty litter, but I'm holding off on that for tomorrow - Sonic is having one of their 50¢ corn dog days, my girls adore those, and Sonic is right in front of Tractor Supply.  I'll probably end up just taking them for a drive today.

BTW, for those of you who have kitties, I've been having a problem with litter. The one from Sam's used to be good, but - like many brands - they changed the formula and when it gets wet it has the consistency of wet cement, making the litter boxes very difficult to clean. I've finally found a really good one that clumps well, dumps right out even when wet, and is one of the cheapest out there: Tractor Supply's Paws & Claws Multi-Cat. It's under $10 for a 40# box. In fact, I still have two big, unopened tubs of Sam's litter - they're going back. 

Snicks, blueberry lime might not sound good, but it's awesome!  Think about it - you often see blueberry paired with lemon; the lime is even better. Too bad you don't live close by - I'd give you one. In fact, I made some for a friend and her sister last year, and as they drove to several places people noticed/smelled the cake, my friend offered them a piece, and she said everyone went nuts over it.  Cat Happy

Jean, it's possible your leg pain is caused by a calcium deficiency. Are you getting enough? I also have several pair of sandals I've never worn. In fact, I have about five pair from Michael Simon that are very pretty and unique, but I might list them for sale - I don't have the kind of feet you'd want to draw attention to.  Cat Sad I did find that evine has nice sandals but with covered toes; they work very well for me. (Not that I'm buying any more...)

LindaL, I saw Mars last night as well, and yes, it did look like a star. but with a reddish tint. Sorry to hear about the messes; I continue to pray for you.

Bird, did you also get the free digital version of your CDs? I love it when Amazon does that - I got a great CD with my favorite hymns modernized and with a bit of a beat a couple of weeks ago (it's by the Newsboys), and really enjoy being able to listen to it on my Kindle. 

Well, I guess I should get dressed and start thinking about getting moving. I wasn't able to finish my homework that was due last night, as you had to use an access code (which the thieves at the school bookstore charged me almost $12 just to send), and it wasn't working, so I had to email the professor. So, that must get done tonight. Mark will be here later this week to do some work, including getting the pool open, and I need to take some baked goods to my dentist.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

I think most of them came with auto rip.  I'll need to check that out and take advantage of it this time around.  I didn't do it for 2 CDs I ordered a long time ago :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, thanks @KonaKat for starting the thread this morning. Just popping in to say hello. I slept very little again last night, but worked in the yard this morning, then made a run to pick up "a few things", lol, which turned into 3 trips to get it all carried in, and tried to get a bit of cleaning done. I'm just beat, so am cutting this short. Hope everyone had a good day and will have a great evening. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".