Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 18)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I made a run to the city this morning to pick up my Kohls order of the NuWave airfryer and accessory kit. I skimmed the store to see what I might use my Kohls cash on later this week.

This store is as immaculate, clean and well staffed as the day it opened ten years ago.  The employees are very courteous and quick to help or respond to any questions. Items are quickly restored to an orderly and neat condition after a shopper goes through them.  I noticed there was a nice selection of Mally and Laura Geller, as well as Philosophy.

I was tempted to go into Lowes and see what they had. I decided not to do that as I have a weakness for products I find there to use in the home or outside. I decided to pass and headed home. It was a nice drive and thinking time.

I do like the TSV but right now, I do not need more tops or clothes...or I keep telling myself, but sometimes failing.

It is 96 and sunny now so I am debating whether or not to do some garage decluttering now or wait until the evennig hours Waiting sounds better as there is no AC in the garage.

Have a great day. If you shop, whop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 18)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad the trip to town was successful and pleasant.  I like when I have thinking time in the car.  Hope you like your airfryer, I debate if I really want or need one.  Let us know what you think of it.

It is 92 degrees here, and I am loving it.  I was sitting outside a while ago but I need to get some housework done.  I really need to start decluttering again but just can't get the umph to do it.  

Not much happening here, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope that you like your air fryer.  The 2 Kohl's stores that we go to are always clean & orderly.  The dirtiest dressing room that I have ever been in was at the QVC  Outlet Store in PA.

Susan.  I will gladly send you  & marijane our heat wave which started last Friday & thank goodness will end tonight.  It has been in the upper 90's  with no rain.  We may get  some much needed rain this afternoon or evening.  

Our balloon rally was a disappointment for everybody. It was too windy on Friday night, Saturday morning and evening.  They did have a small night glow on Friday night, but it was too hot to go back after supper.

Our dd & dgd came down on Saturday afternoon so we went to the nice Italian restaurant with the gift card that my DH got for Father's Day.  After knowing that the balloon rally was a no go, we came back home for watermelon.

My DH and I bought a cabana on Friday and realized that it wasn't high enough.  DH and I spent an hour on Friday night trying to get it back into the bag.  Our dd & dgd spent an hour without any success & another 30 minutes before they left for home. We met friends for breakfast this morning and she tried for 30 minutes.  No luck so we played cards.

We returned it the best way we could this morning.  They were nice about refunding our $$$.

Supper is homemade pizza since I have the A/C on.

I am hibernating with a good book while my DH is visiting our friend.

I am excited about having 70's starting tomorrow with a few chances of much needed ☔☔☔.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--I doubt that I will use the airfryer much but this one doesn't seem to take up as much space as some of them. It is a NuWave 3qt and has a more square design than those round ones. Like you, the urge to declutter is fleeting and right now, the urge isn't manifesting itself.

Twinny--I'm glad that you had a nice visit but regret that the cabana didn't work out. Many things are impossible to securely return into their packaging but it is good that you had no problems with the refund. Hope you get your much needed rain.

We have a heat warning out until 8pm. The heat index is currently 102 and expected to increase to around 105. Obviously, those with heart and or breathing issues are being urged not to be too active and stay inside if possible.  I've spent part of the afternoon reading.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is cooler here in Arizona -- only 95 at the moment, but I expect it will get hotter a bit later.  Certainly hot where you are, Jean.  Good thing you like the hot weather.  Glad you are enjoying the warm weather as well, Susan.

Sounds like you had a successful trip into the city, Jean.  Probably a good idea to avoid stores that are too tempting.  

Hope it cools down for you twinny.  Sorry the balloon rally was a bust, but good that you had fun with your family and friends.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I had forgotten that I was going on an "out to lunch" trip with the seniors today.  Fortunately, I was able to go to part of my "strong bones" class before I went on the trip, but it was a bit hectic this morning.

The lunch was good  -- nice food and company.  The other three ladies at my table ordered dessert -- all looked wonderful, but I didn't have any room for dessert after my "Philly Cheesesteak" and green beans.  In fact, I didn't finish my sandwich since it was large.

I am very concerned about DH who has been eating very little and keeps refusing to eat the last few days.  I hope he is eating better today.  I will be leaving soon and hope to feed him dinner.

The TSV is not calling my name, nor is anything else I have seen in the product review.  That is a good thing.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Staying out of places that provide temptation to buy is a good idea as well as tuning in to shopping channels, or surfing the net. It takes restraint at times.

I know you enjoyed your activities today. You are concerned about DH and rightfullyy so. I do hope he shows some improvement when you visit. 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, It sounds like you had a nice lunch.  I am sorry that your DH isn't eating much right now.

It started raining 35 minutes ago & my DH will be happy.  The 🐢🐢🐢 sand box is overflowing.  I haven't walked since Saturday because it has just been too hot.  I am taking it easy & doing things in the house, which I much prefer.