Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 12)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is that day to celebrate Q's birthday by providing 5 easy pays on everything. A better deal would be free shipping unless buying big ticket items.

I turned on the Q early this morning when they were presenting a Halston cardigan and matching top sold as separates but both were on clearance. I loved it so it is coming home to me, not because of the easy pay but because I really liked it and the price was decent. A289378.

I'm now watching Denim & Co. I like the elbow sleeve top so time will tell. I need to replace some tops and maintain for future travel so I could break over. I have some in my cart.  This has nothing to do with easy pay; it has to do with the right item showing up. If they work, I'll roll the easy pay up and pay them off. If they don't, then only one EP is encumbered on my card.

I think it is time to consider fixing some lunch. Have a great day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 12)

Jean   Amazon has the echo on sale for a pretty reasonable price. I am debating it..I know you like yours a lot. 

What at are the advantages...or why shoul I buy one..lol.😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I thought of you when I saw the Halston tank, and put it on my wish list.  Now that I read your post, I added the cardigan to the list.  What color did you pick?  I keep seeing tanks costing $40 -  50 or so here, so this one seemed like a bargain.  The cardigan is certainly a fair price as well.  Decisions, decisions.....

Hi Barbara, I'm much newer to Echo than Jean, but I'm still loving mine..  It is great setting alarms, timers, and reminders.  Also, I ask for news fairly often.  And, I have used the music streaming, shopping list, and several other features.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  We are having "cooler than normal" temperatures today -- high of "only"  95 degrees predicted.  They are predicting very hot weather later in the week.  Yikes!

I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon ("The Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck").  I enjoyed the book very much -- learned a lot.  

DH was okay yesterday, but his eyes were bothering him.  I will be visiting him later this morning, but I will not be able to feed him dinner this afternoon due to the bookclub.  Not sure if I'll visit him late in the day, but maybe.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

inBarbara--Linda provided a good list of reasons for having an Echo. If you are a music lover, the speaker is fabulous so I'm often having it play my Prime Music, radio and all the reasons Linda provided. I use it to relax while reading before going to bed. You will get an email each week telling yoiu what new tasks the Echo can perform.  If you don't want to log on to the internet to find info, the Echo might be able to search and find the info for you. It can also read books to you if you have the book in your Prime library or Kindle auditory version. The price is very good right now but that is because the new generation of Echoes are being introudced.

Linda--I originally got the Halston item in both black and coral. But because I also liked a top in the Denim & Co. show, I cancelled the coral and black tanks and just ended up with the black cardigan. It is something I would wear often. I don't wear tanks unless covered up because I usually have arm hole problems. Enjoy your visit with DH as well as your book club.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, try to stay cool,

Image result for stay cool weather images

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, 5 easy pays don't excite me at all.  Free shipping & cheaper prices might.  Enjoy your Halston purchase.  I don't even know what the TSV is because I haven't had time to turn on the TV.

Linda L. It is another near 90° day.  I don't plan to do my walk until it is "my kind of weather.". Enjoy your book club.

Meallen, cute graphic.  I am in a nice cool house & have no plans to leave it any time soon.

I started to wash a few windows this morning & jammed the very first one & had to call the glass company that installed them when we built our home.  He came right after we finished lunch & all is good again.  It is a good thing that the screen was in & it wasn't raining.  Now I just have to do the ones in the basement & the patio door hopefully tomorrow.

It is too hot to go outside so I am enjoying myself inside.

Just got an email from our DD & she said that Christopher is home & not to loopy yet.  He had an IV infusion instead of the general anesthesia.  It will not be fun eating & he will soon be sick of Jello, applesauce etc.  I hope that he can eat a little better by Sunday.  They are all coming down & we are going to their favorite Italian restaurant ( our's too).

We have several chances of rain this week, so I hope that we get some real soon.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

meallen---Another great graphic to go with our current 90 degrees as I type this.

Twinny--You were fortunate to get quick service on that window. It seems that window cleaning never ends. I do hope you get the rain you want and in the amounts that help and don't harm.

I've spent the afternoon reading as I didn't feel the greatest. On the lab test results, my cholesterol was normal in all types but it appears my B12 may be too low, so they will be doing another check on that. The B12 does affect nerves, energy, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

meallen---Another great graphic to go with our current 90 degrees as I type this.

Twinny--You were fortunate to get quick service on that window. It seems that window cleaning never ends. I do hope you get the rain you want and in the amounts that help and don't harm.

I've spent the afternoon reading as I didn't feel the greatest. On the lab test results, my cholesterol was normal in all types but it appears my B12 may be too low, so they will be doing another check on that. The B12 does affect nerves, energy, etc.

My DH & I also have low levels of b12 & take a Dr. recommended supplement.   Good luck with your lab results.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - Jean - I like the Halston set that you ordered.  twinny - glad to hear that your DGS came through his wisdom teeth removal okay.  Hope everyone is keeping cool in the hot weather!

I spent 3 hours outside today pruning and weeding in the yard.  My DS is graduating from college this coming Sat. and the following Sat. is when we are throwing a grad party for both kids.  I need to begin the yard and house work in preparation.  Also trying to finish up my sewing project.  Other than that, a quiet day.

Waves to all ~ Charlene

Edited to add: when I was working in the yard a goldfinch paid a visit.  Don't see them very often, but it was such a pretty bright golden yellow I stopped what I was doing just to appreciate his beauty!

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--You most definitely have reason to celebrate DD and DS both receiving their degrees.  I'm sure the yard will be well prepared for the party. The goldfinch provided you with a needed and pleasant break.

I opted to do some shopping with Omaha Steaks. I have tried them once and was very impressed with the service and quality. Some of their specials are very good. With the nearest source of good meat now at least an hour away, this provides an option. I got 48-4oz burgers for $65 and free shipping. Their burgers are very good, so these will last me a "few" weeks at 2 burgers a week for personal use.