Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS EVE DAY)

Good morning, shopping friends.  I'm watching AM Style but will be doing some last minute grocery shopping for a forgotten item. When I made cofffee this morning, I realized I might not have enough coffee to last me until next week. I can't believe I forgot to get it earlier

Midnight and I want to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

ChristmasgreetingMidnight (3).JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS EVE DAY)

Hi everybody,

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/christmas-quotes-for-friends/

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/149379/happy-christmas-eve

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the great graphics.

Wow! Just what I want for a last minute gift: the $400 Dyson hair dryer. That is one month's car payment on my 2016 Cruze LT that is nearing its one year anniversary with me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you are able to get the coffee and other needed supplies without too much hassle.  I will probably try to make it to the grocery store today to pick up a few things.  Right now, I'm trying to get motivated to take my morning walk.  DH's DD and family will call later so we can determine our plan.  They are flying back to CA this afternoon, but we may have lunch at DH's facility again today.  I did not reserve the dining room, but hopefully that will not be a problem.

They decided against going to the museum yesterday, but we did go to the park nearby, and it was nice.  We happened to park near a covered, but open-air pavilion where a wedding was going on.  Everyone looked happy, and fortunately the weather wasn't too cool.  By the time we got back from the walk, I was feeling a little sorry for the bride who was wearing a sleeveless gown when I was feeling pretty chilly in my nice warm sweater, but as one of DH's granddaughters said -- the bride was probably so excited she didn't feel the cold.

DH's DD and I made it to DH's facility in time to feed him dinner, and later I met them for dinner at a Chinese restaurant.  The food was pretty good (new restaurant for me), but there was a lot leftover.  I plan to take it to DH for our lunch if the lunch business works out.  Then, we only need to worry about getting lunch food for his DD's family.

My present to me was a Kindle Fire, and it came yesterday.  It looks very nice, but I have not had a chance to do much with it so far.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas Eve and/or Hanukkah Eve day.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies......M erry Chtistmas ,Happy Hanukkah to all,hope everyone has a peaceful weekend.      

Safe travels to your DH DD and  GC LindaL...sounds like they had a wonderful time visiting.

Jean good luck going out to the store today, my DH went to get a few things almost an hour ago,store is only about 3 miles from here,and he is not back yet.....he is not one to dally in stores ...goes in for what he wants and is out of there, so it makes me think the place is mobbed.

Meallen thanks for all the lovely graphics.....hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

It's a terrible day here....a pile of rain already but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.

I don't think I will be getting a 400 hair dryer either Jean.  SOmething I have noticed is there haven't been any jewelry s/v past few weeks..usually a few days before Christmas they have had one and with guaranteed delivery before Christmas just pay the regular shipping charges.  NOt that I was looking for anything.     Better get moving here....have a nice weekend everyone......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies. Popping in this morning to wish all a Merry Christmas. And Hannukah to those who observe.

This year has zipped by. Hope all have safe travels
Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all. We are ready for the big day. 

May the blessings of the season be with you and your loved ones.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Limda--Enjoy your final day with DH's family and also your visits to DH  I've enjoyed the pics you posted on Facebook of them. Enjoy your Kindle Fire. I am sure that DH will enjoy his lunch and that you will find time for your walk.

Marijane--I agree that the year has flown. I do hope your DH survives the last minute shopping. As to the jewelery TSVs or lack of, I think quality jewlery of 14k or 18k is getting so expensive that they are focusing more on "practical" and less expensive items. I saw an Affinity Diamond Christmas ring presented in the last couple of weeks and the price was at least double of what a similar ring cost a few years ago.

LindaR--So good to see you postiing. May you enjoy the holdiays and have a fruitful New Year.

Barbara--Blessings to you and your family!

I made the run to the supermarket which had few people in it. I guess most had already done their shopping and were at home baking, etc.  I haven't had ham for a long time, so I bought ham to have for Christmas.