Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT SUNDAY!

[ Edited ]

Hello friends!  I woke at 2 and looked at my phone - why do I do that?  It seems my phone has been my best buddy for the past year in a new (lonely at times) place.  So my new job there is no time for Internet, no time for phone, which is perfect for me.  My phone and I are slowly breaking up.  But I look at it in the night and wake right up so here I am at 4am wide awake.

I read through all the posts for the last week and have to say that our little thread and you ladies are so full of life.  Linda, I'm so proud of you. I know you are walking a difficult road, one that not many of us have traveled, and you are doing it with grace - and I am full of admiration for you. Sending you hugs, every day.

Meallen, thank you for the birthday picture, and all the others that you post for us.

Thank you ALL for the birthday wishes!  I had a great day off - lunch with a friend that I hadn't seen in a couple years.  She has a 5yo and a 6mo baby so I really enjoyed seeing them. Then dinner and a little shopping with DD, and video chat at 5am with little DD, and it was a very sweet day.

The job is very intense but I'm feeling good and a little more comfortable every day.  It's basically constant phone calls and updating of delivery stops, and putting people on hold while I research where the product/driver is, or why they didn't get what they ordered.  (was it damaged?  Were they not home with the truck came by? Did it not arrive on the truck?) I'm such a people pleaser that I want to FIX it RIGHT NOW but I can't do that so am learning to just breathe (as well as realizing there is no way to access the information quickly - people just have to wait on hold for a while.)

Loved the lab discussion. I miss our black lab, Pepper, and want to hug every one that I see.  Barbara, I hope your Pepper is doing ok.  Poor thing, poor Syd and poor you!

Snicks, I'm happy that your Trucker girl got a new rig and your other kiddo has a new job (and several to pick from).  I sometimes think people must get sick of hearing me talk about my kids but they are still my heart and my life, and I enjoy hearing about yours.

Jean, way to go on the weight loss!  Susan getting your extra room looking good again.  I've been working on that this week as I may rent it out.  I've talked to someone who is interested so we will see.  But I've made so much progress that I'm pleased as can be.  I finally organized a bookcase in my room to hold clothes - jeans, shorts, sweats, basket of socks, basket of camis - emptied out my chest of drawers into it and moved some things up in my closet. Moved a small shelf into the closet (it's got sentimental value and I will use it in there or refinish in the future and give out as a gift somewhere along the way). I used DH chest of drawers for the bedroom TV and put his things in a different shaped audio shelf that was slated to be given away. My bedroom looks so nice!!

Bernie, I had to smile at your moxie with the new underlings. I would likely not make a good manager but you (and my DH) have the right temperment. I love to listen to music at work too, and in the car it's always blaring.

3suwm5, aren't husbands funny!  We have a saying "hop to" and every once in a while when he needs something I giggle and tell him to "hop to".

So many more of you that I didn't mention by name - Marijane, My LindaR (hoping to get together for breakfast soon - I work nights noon to close this week), Essie, Twinny (glad your procedure went so well and I sure do remember how difficult it was with your Mom and all the eye drop visits), and Charlene. Sending hugs and waves to you all - and the ones I missed, and our readers too!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT SATURDAY!

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread for Sunday. It sounds as if your job is a challenging one. 

I was up early again and am debating what to do for this Sunday. Do I go to the city and just relax or do I wait until tomorrow when I have the routine car appointment?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, Relax, enjoy and try to

http://www.sendscraps.com/weekend.html

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @Rock_chick for the start. Gosh you have been busy  your new challenging job and all the work at home. Glad that you had a great birthday and could spend time with you DD and talk with your other DD. I do hope you were able to eventually get back to sleep this morning.

@KonaKat, which way are you leaning towards; going to the city today and tomorrow, or relaxing today and going tomorrow? Whichever you decide, I hope you have a nice day.

@meallen616, thanks again for the very pretty graphic.

I don't have much to report on today. I did manage to get back to sleep after waking at around 1 this morning, so I am very glad about that. We have more work to do on the deck today, rain is possible for this afternoon so that may stop us early on that project. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the lovely graphic.

Snicks--I've been wanting to go to the city since Wednesday but the weather didn't cooperate.  It seems ridiculous to spend 3 hours on the road when I have to be there tomorrow. There is little here, so we all venture to the city for our entertainment, grocery shopping (local place is overpriced and doesn't have a great variety), etc.  If I go tomorrow, I will schedule back to back the car appointment, a movie, and then 2 hours in Wal-Mart for groceries, etc. It makes for a long day but saves on gas, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I see that the IM TSV has made it to the city. That means I will get it either late Monday or on Tuesday. Right now, I've lost interest in it but that might be a reflection of the blah mood I am in at the present time.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT SUNDAY!

Morning All, Thanx @Rock_chick for the start, seems like many of us are up early today, for me it was my bladder lol.  Your new job sounds interesting, like you I enjoy helping people but no doubt difficult in your situation knowing how much most dislike being on hold but that's what you have to do & I'm sure they appreciate your efforts

@meallen616 hope your week-end is going well for you

@KonaKat I can understand the gas savings, but if going into the city today will uplift you, then I say go, sometimes you need that to rid the blahs

@Snicks1 glad you were able to get back to sleep, will help with your deck project, seems like there's always something to do when you have a house, just don't overdo & enjoy your Sunday

Not much on the menu today, will get my "roots" done for sure, then the Sunday paper crosswords are calling me, after that who knows, maybe the neighbors will come acalling, but right now it sure looks like rain, might have a date with my kindle & watch Golden Girls.

Hope all are enjoying the week-end, talk later

Essie

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

Kathleen when you were posting this morning, I was still looking at the insides of my eyelids (sleeping).  I needed a good night's sleep and got it last night.

We did get some rain yesterday.  It came and went, nothing too hard or violent, so I am grateful.  It's been 2 weeks since I cut the grass and I am sincerely thinking about going for 3 and doing it next weekend.  It hasn't grown much and it's green, as opposed to the serial mowers around me who have brown grass (he he).

I placed an order with JCP yesterday and stuck with sale items.

I picked up this top.  There are 6 colors available for this style and this one marks the 5th color I'm buying.  I don't like the last color available so that should end it for this top.

Liz Claiborne® Sleeveless Pleat Neck Top

I bought a spare pair of these in Biscotti.  I already own them in Biscotti, Grey and Brown, lol.

St. John's Bay® Convertible Cargo Pants

They are cargo pants that can go from full length to crop.  I just carefully remove the button and tab below the knee and I have regular full length pants. 

I'm trying this dress (not available in talls).  I'm thinking tunic with this one. Another poster Lola, gave me an idea in her transitional fashion thread.  If the dress works out, I could wear a turtleneck under it in the fall.  Then again, if the bust darts or fit is funky (because it's not a tall) it'll go back.

Studio 1® Sleeveless Tribal Sheath Dress

2 pair of these lounge pants.  If ever I get a return on investment - it's on these kinds of pants.  They serve as casual wear and pajamas for me.

Made for Life™ French Terry Pants - Tall

I've had my coffee and am trying to motivate myself to go grocery shopping.  I'm almost out of bird seed for the outside birds so that will be the ticket that gets me off my rear end.  It's funny, I can literally raid my cupboards or fridge for myself and not buy anything, but let my birds need something and I'm off and running, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning an thanks for getting us started, Kathleen.  Your new job does sound pretty intense, but I'm sure you will do fine.  Glad you had a nice birthday, and I like hearing about your "girls" -- I know they are young women now, but.... You have been doing great on the organizing front.  I think it is probably a good idea to back away from the phone a little.  Sorry about your lack of sleep.

Hi Jean -- those were interesting links you posted about de-cluttering, etc.  I have lots to do when I get home.  Hope you have a good time in the city today and tomorrow or just tomorrow.  I'd certainly think long and hard about trips that take three hours round trip.  In fact, I think long and hard about taking trips of 2 hours round trip.  Part of that has to do with my accident two years ago, but......

Nice picture and words as usual meallen.

I am having trouble with going back and forth to see your posts using the I Pad, so I'll try to remember who has posted so far -- snicks (glad you were able to sleep, I think you slept better), Essie, Bernie (nice clothes you have ordered), Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, 3suwm (sorry, I can't remember your correct "name"), LindaR, Gayle, Butterfly, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Thanks to everyone for their kinds words, thoughts, and prayers.  I didn't call the memory care place on Friday, and I planned to wait until late in the day yesterday.  But, I just could not hold out past 9:00 a.m.   Anyway, DH seems to be doing well.  He is having problems with being up an night and sleeping during the day.  But, he isn't getting out of bed or anything, and they are working on keeping him up.  They may also  see if the doctor will prescribe a stronger version of his sleeping medication.  I found out through his DD that our Turkish friend visited him at the facility.  She said he was sitting with another person and caregiver in the common area, and she asked how he was -- he said fine in Turkish.  She usually talks to him in Turkish, but the last time he responded in English.  So, I'm glad he did Turkish this time.  Anyway, she saw his room, and she liked the place.  Sorry to go on and on, but I'm trying to remember all I have learned.   I forgot to say the caregiver said he was sweet, which is very true.

After not sleeping much at all before the trip, I have done better the second two nights.  Plenty of tossing and turning, but.....  I am enjoying my time here so far.  Yesterday, I met a couple from Maryland (where I'm from), and we went downtown via the hotel shuttle and light rail.  We walked along the river for a while, and then I decided that I didn't want to try to force myself on them -- although they said they were fine with having me along. Anyway, I took a lunch cruise on the river, which was very nice and relaxing.  After the cruise, I walked along the promenade, and saw a lot of mermaids along with a very large beer/brew fest.  I knew about the beer fest, but mermaids?  It turned out to be Portland's first mermaid parade.  I am certainly not in my sleepy retirement community.  LOL. Lots of young people -- many tied to their telephones and quite a few sporting many colorful tattoos.  It is fun getting away from the humdrum sometimes.  

Guess I should get some breakfast now -- they have a large buffet breakfast, and I'm eating a lot.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

OK roots done, now the wait, then the shower.

@Bird mama you take good care of all the birds & I best they tell their friends & family where the pickings are good.

@LindaLatte so good to hear from you, happy to know you are enjoying your getaway, you will definetly benefit from taking this trip & re-charging so to speak.  Also that DH is doing well, I know you worry but he's in good hands so have a good time.

Essie