Honored Contributor

Re: SERENA WILLIAMS TS ON HSN...

On 2/12/2015 taja123 said:

Wow, Marlo is really bad on giving important information. She must have never heard of details like fabric, sizes, fit, weight. She is really bad selling clothes.

She doesn't impress me as a host. Maybe she is better selling electronics and kitchen items which is what she generally does and I never watch those shows.

Last week she was on with YBF Cosmetics and it was a trainwreck.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the video of this TS. That's bad.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I only own a few pieces of Serena's. One TSV she did in the fall was the colorblock sweater that came to a point in the front. I now own that in 3 colors and I absolutely love it. I bought the royal blue/black when it was the TS. Then it was marked down to $19.95 and I bought the cocoa/gray and then it was marked down to $14.95 and I bought the ivory/black. It is one of my favorite tops I own.

However, she also did a thermal knit hooded cardigan TS last year with faux leather pockets. I waited until it went on clearance and bought it. It is horrible. I'm not even bothering to send it back, I'm donating it. The faux leather absolutely screams fake and the sweater is way too short in the back for how long it is in the front.

I have both these pieces from clerarance and love them- I think the key with the thermal cardigan is having it in black. The other colors with the black pockets ... not the best imo. The back of my cardigan is a great length (for myself, my daughter & my sister! - yes, I bought 3 of them!) but I haven't washed it yet.

The original price for each piece was way too high though- love hsn's clearance sales! Smile

Regular Contributor

I bought last year's TS and it looked like a rag on me. The material was thin. This year ..even thinner and cheap. I wish that style would go out, sick of looking at it !

Esteemed Contributor

Serena's clothing seems inconsistent- I remember getting leggings for my daughter a few years back with laces at the bottom- and they were thin, like something you could buy at Walmart. The laces were unique and that was the appeal. And then I bought her ruched leggings recently that were thick like ponte (which is a good thing) - but they ran small without much stretch! Waiting for reviews is the best way to shop for her items.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the look of the cardigan with the faux leather pockets and hood a lot better.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 BeckiWV said:

I like the look of the cardigan with the faux leather pockets and hood a lot better.

I love mine! A lot of the negative comment initially were that they called it a waffle knit- people thought they were getting a sweater. And for the original price they should have! But it's really a thermal jacket- with pizzaz!.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 ibb38 said:

I love mine! A lot of the negative comment initially were that they called it a waffle knit- people thought they were getting a sweater. And for the original price they should have! But it's really a thermal jacket- with pizzaz!.

I LOVE thermal knit, thank you. I just went and ordered it in the black at a super good price. Cannot wait to get it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 ibb38 said:

I LOVE thermal knit, thank you. I just went and ordered it in the black at a super good price. Cannot wait to get it.

I keep checking on hsn, hoping they get the olive green back in stock. That shade looked really good with the black pockets. So far no luck! Enjoy your jacket, it's a good one!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 ibb38 said:
On 2/12/2015 ibb38 said:

I keep checking on hsn, hoping they get the olive green back in stock. That shade looked really good with the black pockets. So far no luck! Enjoy your jacket, it's a good one!

I want to get the olive sometime too if it comes back. I liked it the best after the black. It looked really cute. Not surprised it is gone.