Trusted Contributor

S Graver-What $1000 + coats in Vermont was she referring to?

She made a comparison to hers and said she sees these beautiful coats in a store when she goes to her house in Vermont.  Just curious.  Guess I am ignorant.  Not meant as a criticism-I just would like to know what she was talking about.  Thanks.  Her coat is cute.

Honored Contributor

Re: S Graver-What $1000 + coats in Vermont was she referring to?

Sounds like she was exaggerating...

Valued Contributor

oh just more of the Q's attempt to get us to buy..."high end", "hamptons" "madison ave".

she must have been referring to fur coats. I can't imagine anything else being 1K.

Valued Contributor

they are overstating things again. no coat in vermont is that much money. she needs more money to keep up with that house in vermont she owns. her clothes are not that great looks at the reviews. people are complaing about prices and quality. i would buy her items they are not for me. I want to buy this coat but for the price it is not worth it. not warm at all. if she lives in vermont she better get another coat her self from some place else. bought a great coat from lands end for almost the same price. all outerware at lands end is 50 precent off today. 

Contributor

Susan was referring to "Bogner"  ski jackets which are down filled and

gorgeous.  They are around $800.  I'm sure some sell for 1K; however, SG designs, quality, materials and fit aren't in the same stratosphere. It would be like comparing a jalopy to a bently...

I love it when SG compares her prints to ETRO or her fabric to Armani or Donna Karan.  I just chuckle. I do wear SG and I appreciate the value, but I don't kid myself that I'm wearing "designer". 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan Graver has owned a home in Southern Vermont for many years.

Yes, there are shops in that area that sell some very expensive jackets.

Honored Contributor

I didn't vcatch the name, but since there are $1000 coats and $10,000 coats, I can't imagine anyone having to exaggerate something so easily checked.

I assume you could Google and find the name.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'I don't know', but I receive many emails from stores similar to Bergdorf Goodman, etc., etc.  And people do spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on jackets, coats, etc.  I'm guessing that the fabrics are similar to SG's, mainly because there are just so many fabrics that have been invented in this world.  Unless they fly to Mars for more unique planetary fabrics.   In many cases, it is the label that 'ups' the price.  After all, again, how much more intricate can seamstresses/sewers sew?  Sure, an original, one- of- a kind item might take months to sew, but it's only one piece, not hundreds/thousands that we customers are able to purchase and wear.  I don't know if I'm making any sense, but you get my drift..........(Not meant to be a negative reply. Heart)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Susan exaggerates all the time.  She is great at hyping her product.  I buy some of her stuff, but as someone else mentioned, I am under no illusion about it.

Her prices are getting way too high.  Today's TSV, which I ordered, actually seems like a decent deal.  I have warm coats from Lands End and Eddie Bauer -- this appealed to me for its versatility and perhaps less "functional" looking.  I'll find out when I receive it, though!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Leeni, for knowing the brand she was talking about.  I was not criticizing Susan.  I head Vagner or Wagner, which are both incorrect,  and I wanted to know what brand she was talking about.  That was all.  I guess I worded my question leaving room for some people to think I was being negative.  Sorry.  That was not my intention.