Honored Contributor

Rose of Tralee - Irish Sweaters...

[ Edited ]

The Rose of Tralee will be on Sept 3rd. I just happened to see the info on the Q's HP...

For those that LOVE Irish sweaters like I do, check your wishlist or any of the sweaters you have had your eye on...

I just checked my favorite sweater A259709 (I appreciate the longer coat length and the deep slit pockets that don't add bulk) and there is a new color 'wine' I just ordered...WooHoo! There is no doubt in my mind that the 'wine' will be the 1st to sell out when they present it on Thursday, so I wanted to make sure I got mine...

I already have this sweater in a couple of colors...'parsnip' and 'gray' and they are FABULOUS! The 'wine' will be a wonderful color to wear this Fall and during the holidays Smiley Very Happy

BTW, this sweater has a near perfect 5 star review rating too Smiley Wink

The bonus is the great easy pay too...

I just thought I'd share for those who would like the HU Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Rose of Tralee - Irish Sweaters...

Those are beautiful! I cannot wear wool , but I can see how many would love the sweaters! Just hearing the name makes me hear Irish music.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Those are beautiful! I cannot wear wool , but I can see how many would love the sweaters! Just hearing the name makes me hear Irish music.

These wool sweaters are not itchy/scratchy..they are 'merino' wool...very soft to the skin. I have even wore a tank shirt under my sweaters once in awhile and I would not even believe they were wool...seriously! If they were itchy/scratchy I would not buy them at all Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Susan is right....Merino Wool is very soft....I can't wear wool either but I can wear the Irish Sweaters...

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I'm happy you got your favorite in the color you want.  You just can't beat these prices for the quality.  I already have my favorite, the cardigan with the 3/4 length sleeves, in three colors.  Only on me, being petite with shorter arms, the sleeves are longer and just perfect.  They are not scratchy at all and perfect for New England weather.  Enjoy your new sweater!

Honored Contributor

I know that traditionally, Irish sweaters are, well, traditional.  I'd be all over one if they did a funky version of one.  Think Lori Goldstien, but not layered over 23 other Irish sweaters.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  I remember when that sweater was presented for the first time - the light gray sold out in minutes.  It's a beautiful sweater - I hope you love your wine one.

@faeriemoon  I do have a couple of more stylish, funkier-than-traditional Irish sweaters from Q's Irish days.  I'll try to see if either of them are still available.  They are more "youthful" and stylish IMO than the traditioal ones, although I like those too.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

@faeriemoon  Sorry, no luck.  They aren't on the site any more.  One of them is esp. cool with a huge, stylish button holding the collar in a funky way.  So sorry - you may have liked the ones I have (I wear a lot of LOGO so funky is my style!).

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Spoiler

@faeriemoon  Sorry, no luck.  They aren't on the site any more.  One of them is esp. cool with a huge, stylish button holding the collar in a funky way.  So sorry - you may have liked the ones I have (I wear a lot of LOGO so funky is my style!).

Thank you for trying!!

Honored Contributor

5530402956_d464fb88fe.jpg (500×375)