Honored Contributor

Re: Robin Roberts-Denim Shirtdress on GMA Today

@laro wrote:

Lord & Taylor has a Ralph Lauren fit and flare demin shirt dress.  It is on sale for $108 with an additional 20% off available.

I'm going to see if it's the same or close 

thanks 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ms traditional I will. The picture shows elastic but I know you mentioned that it doesn't have it. That would have been good for me because I am slightly pear shaped, waist is always too big on me in pants when I usually have to size for other areas.

Dresses on Amazon from foreign companies (assuming this one is, not sure) always run small. I have two of the color block meteorologist dresses from there. I followed the size chart on those and they fit perfectly.

@Greeneyedlady21  you're right -  there is a little bit - in the back.  sad to say some days i need more!  dying to hear how the sizing comes out for you.

Honored Contributor

@laro Thanks. I just checked that one out on L&T site, it's beautiful and I love that it's dark denim. But I am 5'10" and it's 37" long. I like 40, the one I ordered from Amazon is supposed to be 40" in the large. I'm sure a Ralph Lauren version would be a better investment.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear @ms traditional   I received the Amazon dress yesterday, it's cute and comfortable. I'm happy that it's a uniform color and not faded as it looked in the photo. Nice lightweight denim and not stiff or constricting at all.

It definitely runs at least a size small, I will need my shaper until I can lose a few pounds in my stomach area. It has a flat waistband in the front and snaps there right at my problem area. I think the skirt is more full and flared than Robin's dress. I love the way it fits me in the chest (no darts), shoulders, and arms (has 3/4 roll tab sleeves and enough room for my upper arms). I am very small busted. I'm 5'10" and it hits just at my knees. Wish it was a bit longer, the world doesn't need to see these knees.

It's very wrinkled out of the package, hopefully it won't always be that way.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@jackthebear @ms traditional   I received the Amazon dress yesterday, it's cute and comfortable. I'm happy that it's a uniform color and not faded as it looked in the photo. Nice lightweight denim and not stiff or constricting at all.

It definitely runs at least a size small, I will need my shaper until I can lose a few pounds in my stomach area. It has a flat waistband in the front and snaps there right at my problem area. I think the skirt is more full and flared than Robin's dress. I love the way it fits me in the chest (no darts), shoulders, and arms (has 3/4 roll tab sleeves and enough room for my upper arms). I am very small busted. I'm 5'10" and it hits just at my knees. Wish it was a bit longer, the world doesn't need to see these knees.

It's very wrinkled out of the package, hopefully it won't always be that way.

thanks for that update, might be too long for me at 5 3,

I bet if you put it in the dryer for 5 minutes on low it might take out the wrinkles, that's what I'd do.  

the one at L&T on line started at size 6,  I'll for it next time I am in the store,   although to be practical I am not sure where I would wear it.