Contributor

Request for plain cardigan sweaters!

Doesn't anyone make a plain front cardigan, with or without buttons??? I don't like all of the drapey, swirling fabric. It's trendy & I don't like trendy!
Honored Contributor

Re: Request for plain cardigan sweaters!

ITA.....something without glitter, stones, embroidery, or lots of ruffles or draping fabric is almost impossible to find. check out Talbots Charming Cardigans......they are very well made and don't need all the extra stuff since they are styled so well

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if you like cable knit, but my favorite sweater is the Double L cotton sweater at LL Bean. It's a nice mid-weight 100% cotton sweater that I wear year-round. They don't have as many colors right now because of the holidays but they always have in stock and they're always adding new colors.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 cottonball said:

I don't know if you like cable knit, but my favorite sweater is the Double L cotton sweater at LL Bean. It's a nice mid-weight 100% cotton sweater that I wear year-round. They don't have as many colors right now because of the holidays but they always have in stock and they're always adding new colors.

just bought almost this identical one. liz Claiborne, at jcp. on sale for 14.99 happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Linea has two versions of simple cardigan and Isaac has a few too (nice, and in cashmere).

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Yes, of course. I bought two from Louis' s line and I know there are plenty of others, I want a bright blue one. I always shop Q' s website, practically never the tv programming which only offers limited selections.

Respected Contributor

Lands End usually has a selection of cardigans.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/1/2014 kittyloo said:
On 1/1/2014 cottonball said:

just bought almost this identical one. liz Claiborne, at jcp. on sale for 14.99 happy.

That's great buy Kittyloo. I love to find things like that. Unfortunately, the JCP closed in our mall.

Trusted Contributor

Two words for you: Land's End. They have tons of classic cardis in various colors and fabrications. They're available elsewhere, too. You're may be having less success finding them if you're shopping just QVC.......

Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2014 upsidedown said:

ITA.....something without glitter, stones, embroidery, or lots of ruffles or draping fabric is almost impossible to find. check out Talbots Charming Cardigans......they are very well made and don't need all the extra stuff since they are styled so well

LOVE the Talbots "charming" cardigans. They're on sale right now for a terrific price. I bought 4 colors a few days ago.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?