Super Contributor

Re: Renee Greenspan just said ....

I like the look of my little shabby chic lacy tank dress worn over leggings. It's one of those "too short to be a dress, but a little long to be a tunic" pieces, but I get tons of compliments when I wear it. I pair it with leggings and ballet flats or even basic slip-on sneakers.

Respected Contributor

I am quite sure I would experience heat stroke if I went out in leggings in S.E. Louisiana in summer. Even in the fall and early spring it's too hot here for that look. There were years when I wore hardly anything in the summer but swimwear. Now I cover up a bit more so as not to frighten any small children.

Honored Contributor

It's true; they do wear lightweight leggings under short dresses and tunics. They are actually lighter weight than capris or crop(ped) pants. For young mothers it prevents unwanted exposure when they bend over, stoop or a gust of wind comes along.

Honored Contributor

Renee is correct. We were in Europe for 3 weeks last month and skinny jeans, and leggings under dresses were everywhere. It is cooler in many parts of Europe than here in the US. Also, although maxis get a big emphasis here, I saw very, very few in the cities we were in. Many more minis than maxis.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/21/2014 lolakimono said:

Renee Greenstein

HH must have confused Renee for Alan Greenspan. They are very similar, you know. Smiley Happy
Paws and enjoy life.
Esteemed Contributor

#2 so if the only difference is 'the foot part' - this posted comment now appears to be a big deal about nothing.

Valued Contributor

On 6/21/2014 castlenv said:

Renee is correct. We were in Europe for 3 weeks last month and skinny jeans, and leggings under dresses were everywhere. It is cooler in many parts of Europe than here in the US. Also, although maxis get a big emphasis here, I saw very, very few in the cities we were in. Many more minis than maxis.

I agree. Europeans dress differently than Americans for a number of reasons. And, no matter what the temp men or women would never leave home without a scarf.

Esteemed Contributor

I would absolutely do that.........

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Dosey said:
On 6/21/2014 lolakimono said:

Renee Greenstein

HH must have confused Renee for Alan Greenspan. They are very similar, you know. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the giggle, Dosey. I need that today--truth be told, I'm kind of crabby!

Respected Contributor

I have seen the look of leggings under a dress and see nothing wrong with. It is a style you adopt, or not.