Regular Contributor

Recommendations, please -- Linea summer wardrobe

Ladies, I started my Linea infatuation in June 2014 with the cotton blend mock neck elbow length sweater (A87423) and the drawstring ponte knit skirt (A233183) in several colours and then discovered whisper knits (oh boy, did I ever discover whisper knits){#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Other than whisper knits, ponte knits, and a few cotton blend items (shirts, sweaters), I have not explored the other Linea fabrics. What would you recommend for a Linea summer wardrobe (hey, I NEED to believe the snow will disappear soon).{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations, please -- Linea summer wardrobe

Hi, Merrylass, you should add at least the Moss Crepe Skirt in Black and Navy---great fabric and you can wear with all your WK. I wear WK all year long---tanks in the summer are never too hot for me. I am sure we'll be seeing more affordable skirts to come in Spring Summer Linea to work with your WK pieces.

I'll get back to you with more ideas.....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Are you a show your arms person or a need a little something on your arms person for summer?

I am always warm so I live in the WK tanks or those nice georgette blouses with the roll tab sleeves and the tank below it.

Even the rayon/spandex tanks are very nice too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Sheesh, thanks! I'll start looking at the moss crepe items. You know I always appreciate your recommendations ... although my wallet is still recovering from YOUR recommendation that I try whisper knits{#emotions_dlg.lol}

JustJazzmom, I generally do NOT go sleeveless and I tend to REALLY overheat in the summer. In the past, I wore silk and linen in Spring and Autumn and only 100% cotton during the warm summer months. Fabrics have changed so much AND my lifestyle is much less "dry clean only" these days (thankfully). I am interested in the Linea cotton blend t-shirt dresses but I actually look better in separates. Thanks for your help!!

Honored Contributor

Merrylass you might be interested in the feather jersey fabrics-- lightweight with short sleeves.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I would recommend anything avail in the denim. It's a very light weight and great for the summer. Anything in the pebble crepe, another very comfortable fabric and the crinkle georgette safari shirt with matching tank. Since you have already discovered the Whisper Knits I won't even go there.
Respected Contributor

Merrylass, I recommend this SKIRT as well, and it is on Clearance. I have two colors and wore all last Summer.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Tile Print Pencil Skirt

Regular Contributor

JustJazzmom, thanks for the feather jersey suggestion -- I'll look at the different options and hopefully can find colours for Winters (I do better in jewel tones, navy, black or white).

Marilyn, thanks, I'll explore the denims, crepes, and georgette fabrics.

Sheesh, pretty skirt -- I need to push myself out of my comfort zone since I don't wear that many prints -- but the summer time is the best time to try new things. I hope this print is 'slimming'!

Trusted Contributor

Try the rayon span fabric if you like a flowing fabric. The tank comes in neutral colors if you want to try a versatile garment in that fabric.

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Merrylass said:

I hope this print is 'slimming'!

Yes, it is. It's a "placement" print and is engineered to be slimming and drawing the eye to certain contours---do you see where the black is near the hips in the picture I posted above? I have it in Blue and Magenta and every time I wore them I got compliments. I adore it. I think they are both good colors for you. The Wisteria WK tops go with the Blue---there are short sleeved V-neck WK tops in that color as well as sleeveless, and both skirts have white and black in them---so those are also choices for both skirts...some of the cool tone bright/hot pinks go with the Magenta. Those skirts and solid tops will be a great backdrop for your Ripka pieces, too! You can wear them from Spring thru Fall.