Valued Contributor

Receiving returned clothing-tired of it!

It is obvious when I receive a piece of clothing because of the crinkles tissue paper, wrinkled mess of the item and different label.  If I am going to settle for a returned or used item, I will look for it on the bay.  Otherwise, I want a brand new, never tried on (as the hosts boast is an advantage to buying clothing from QVC vs. in a store where they have previously been tried on) piece of clothes that is neatly folded with clean tissue paper, etc.  This is what I am willing to pay full price for, including the exhorbitant shipping charges and tax.  Seems like the trend is going more and more to receiving items that have been previously worn or at least tried on by others, and I'll return everytime! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Receiving returned clothing-tired of it!

It takes months for items made in China to get to the U.S. by ship and so when I see my size suddenly show up, it's pretty obvious that it was a custmer return.  I have followed a few items that I wanted to buy very closely and it was not hard to see what was going on.  In fact, I was going to buy a pair of pants on clearance but I don't want it if it's not new.  

Honored Contributor

@just wonder I agree with you .I want it to be new and not returned since we can't see its head of time to judge for ourselves whether We want it or not.I have heard of people getting clothing that had used tissues in the pocket or smelled of smoke...no thanks.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind if an item has been tried on and then returned right away in original condition since I know that happens in stores. But I don't want to pay full price for something that has been worn.  I think that should go into the "as is". 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic The problem with what you suggest is that the people who receive the returns use their own judgement on what goes back into inventory and we know they make mistakes.

Honored Contributor

I must be lucky, that hasn't happened to me.  The only time I've received a return was when I purchased as is.  My new items usually arrive in a wrinkled mess, but that's from my mail lady trying to fit something in the mailbox that doesn't fit.

Respected Contributor

@dex  I know what you mean. I guess the only way to remedy that is all returns go to as is. 

Honored Contributor

I've received hundreds of clothing items from QVC; all my clothes almost and I have an extensive wardrobe.  In almost 30 years of shopping I'm sure I've received returned items, I don't study labels or do a forensic exam of the tissue, but I have NEVER received anything that wasn't pristine.  I think these tales about tissues in pockets are fabricated to make QVC look bad.

When you go to Nordstrom and select a garment to buy, do you demand that the salesperson trot back to the stock room and find one for you that has never been tried On?  She'd think you were a nutcase, yet that's what you want QVC to do.

I think it's unrealistic to expect QVC to ditch returns and abandon clothing in perfect condition.  I occasionally return things I never took out of the bag, not likING the color or the embellishments.  As long as the garment is clean, free of odors or any defects, send it on to me.  I pick up sell-outs I otherwise wouldn't be able to get, this way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 no I don't get the salesperson yo look for another item from the back unless I don't like what they have on the sales floor but that is the difference because I see what I'm getting and make a decision.I haven't ordered much from online clothing but I have received an item that I felt was worn and the returned.I wouldn't purchase that item from any store unless it was deeply discounted and washable,

Valued Contributor

That's why I never go on waitlist.