Esteemed Contributor

I see alot of Rayon being used in sweaters for fall. How does it hold up? I remember Rayon wearing out fast and wrinkling alot. Colors always ran even in cold water for me.

I saw a Linea sweater I just love...but the word Rayon scares me..

Respected Contributor

I own at least 30 sweaters if not more in Louis' Whisper Knit. It is wonderful. It doesn't pill, shrink or fade. Just read some of the reviews. He has been using this same yarn successfully for years. I highly recommend anything in the Whisper Knit rayon blend.

Honored Contributor

I prefer Rayon a heck of a lot more then cotton.  I don't know how they treat it that way, but it must be much more improved then it was years ago.  Rayon is everywhere now.  It makes clothing feel great.

Honored Contributor

I remember owning a rayon skirt but it was woven, not knit.  It said it was washable and hang to dry. That's exactly what I did and the skirt shrunk up to nothing.

I see a lot of dresses that are a rayon/spandex blend and I own a few that are a blend of that material.  They are a knit through and soft, wash well and I don't have a pilling problem at all.  

Respected Contributor

I have NOT had a good personal experience with rayon.  It's a beautiful fabric, but even if I wash it in cold water on delicate and air dry, it still shrinks every time.

I can only wear the garment a few times until it shrinks too much.  Has always been like this for me.

I try to not buy, but sometimes forget to look at the fiber content before purchasing.  I don't recommend at all.

Respected Contributor

Everything I've bought that was 100% rayon has shrunk after washing, even using cold water and hanging (or laying on a rack) to dry. Rayon should be preshrunk before sewing, but most manufacturers aren't doing that. You can send all-rayon items to the dry cleaners, but that's expensive.  

Rayon blends are fine IMO. I have many sweaters with some rayon in them, and pants as well. No bad experiences or shrinking. I don't hesitate to buy if rayon is one component of the fabric.

I haven't had colors run with rayon in the mix. Wrinkling hasn't been a problem, either, in the rayon blends.