Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 23

It was pretty chilly when I got up, so urged on the heat and the gas fireplace. Things will be much warmer when we get to Palm Springs tomorrow. That will be about a 3 hour job.

We are at 7000 feet and I forgot that I have issues with higher altitude for a day or two. I feel better today..yikes.

Linda, my 4 nieces always do the Alzheimer's walk for their mother. it is great that you did that. I will go to the pool once we get to az...the perfect temp for me is in the upper 70s or low 80s. Did dd get to the football game???

Claudia...I hope r if feeling better and that your day goes well. Peppers latest trick is unrolling toilet paper. I told m to shut the bathroom doors. Lol.

nothing planned for today. I will take a walk around our place..It will be a nice day.

Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 23

Hi everyone,

Image result for enjoy sunday images

Respected Contributor

As always you post a lovely graphic, McAllen.

For months I have had to put the toilet paper out of reach, Barbara. The 3 diabolical kittens like nothing better than to unroll it. Over the years I have found kittens settle down at about 18 months. They'll be that in February. Griffiyn also has settled down even though his breed isn't fully grown till close to 3 years old.

I'm glad you feel better today and tomorrow the drive won't be too long.

Good for you doing the Alzheimer's walk, Linda. Nice that you saw so many you knew that are involved in dh's care.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It may be slightly warmer than you like when you get to Arizona, Barbara.  Maybe not, but it is still pretty warm here.  Much to my surprise, we had a pretty intense rainstorm when I left DH's facility yesterday afternoon.  My feet were soaked since I had to cross a huge puddle to reach my car.  Interestingly enough, the sun was shining, and there was a nice rainbow on the way home.  

Hope M remembers to close the bathroom door.  Not that fun cleaning up a lot of toilet paper.  

Glad you are feeling better today.  

I'm not sure if DD made it to the game since we don't usually talk on weekends.  I did see that my SIL was there (on FB).  Nice that your nieces walk for their Mom.  What a terrible disease.

Thanks for the nice graphic meallen.

Interesting about the "age of maturity", Claudia.  Hope you make it to February without too much stress from the kittens.  I keep forgetting to mention that my oldest nephew is living in OK now.  His partner bought a ranch, and he (my nephew) is starting a business with horse riding lessons, etc.  He always loved horses and had some growing up.  He is also a personal trainer, and does other things, but I think he would like to spend lots of time with horses.

DH seemed okay when I visited him after going to the gym today.  I need to buy some ice cream and take it with me when I go back later to feed him dinner.  Larry is in trouble again -- not sure about the details, but..... I saw his wife and daughter yesterday, but apparently it was a short visit.  The funny thing about Larry is that he can talk quite rationally for a few minutes -- he was talking about the health effects of fats yesterday.  But, then he moves on to other subjects which are not at all rational.  

I have some ironing and cleaning to do before going to buy ice cream, so I guess I better get busy.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Ladies - Good Sunday to you all.

Not much going on here today, football watching, of course.

Gone all day yesterday, it was a beautiful day, high 70's.  That's a bit warmer than we should be, but it was very welcomed.  We tried out some new 'adult beverage' places.  Had a lovely dinner for our belated anniversary celebration.  Food was fabulous, company (DH) was too. Smiley Wink  A bit pricey day, but that's ok.

Trying to find some dinner in the freezer for tonight.  Maybe grill, even though much cooler today.  We do have clear skies and sunny.

@sydsgma1  glad you feel better today.  High altitude can mess people up.  Hope you enjoy your walk.

@meallen616  you always find the most glorious pictures.  Thank You.

@chprsp  funny kitty cats.  Like little ones, left to entertain themselves - ha.

Enjoy this lovely day.  A wonderful Sunday to relax and reflect.

No shopping for me today.  Hope you all can keep those CCs buried in the billfold.Woman Indifferent

Trusted Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It may be slightly warmer than you like when you get to Arizona, Barbara.  Maybe not, but it is still pretty warm here.  Much to my surprise, we had a pretty intense rainstorm when I left DH's facility yesterday afternoon.  My feet were soaked since I had to cross a huge puddle to reach my car.  Interestingly enough, the sun was shining, and there was a nice rainbow on the way home.  

Hope M remembers to close the bathroom door.  Not that fun cleaning up a lot of toilet paper.  

Glad you are feeling better today.  

I'm not sure if DD made it to the game since we don't usually talk on weekends.  I did see that my SIL was there (on FB).  Nice that your nieces walk for their Mom.  What a terrible disease.

Thanks for the nice graphic meallen.

Interesting about the "age of maturity", Claudia.  Hope you make it to February without too much stress from the kittens.  I keep forgetting to mention that my oldest nephew is living in OK now.  His partner bought a ranch, and he (my nephew) is starting a business with horse riding lessons, etc.  He always loved horses and had some growing up.  He is also a personal trainer, and does other things, but I think he would like to spend lots of time with horses.

DH seemed okay when I visited him after going to the gym today.  I need to buy some ice cream and take it with me when I go back later to feed him dinner.  Larry is in trouble again -- not sure about the details, but..... I saw his wife and daughter yesterday, but apparently it was a short visit.  The funny thing about Larry is that he can talk quite rationally for a few minutes -- he was talking about the health effects of fats yesterday.  But, then he moves on to other subjects which are not at all rational.  

I have some ironing and cleaning to do before going to buy ice cream, so I guess I better get busy.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

@LindaLatte - Nice to see you here today.  Ice cream sounds like a good treat.  There is always cleaning to do - nuts.Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Yes, unfortunately there's always cleaning to do 3suwm5. In my head I know what I want to get done and it seems as if it shouldn't take long. I figured d though it usually takes double the time I think it will.

Those silly kittens they still go running to mama to get their faces washed even though two are larger than she is. They also adore the bathroom sink and water dripping from the faucet.

Ice cream does sound good, Linda. I'm glad DH was doing well earlier today. Poor Larry. Hopefully he doesn't mistake you for his wife again. Interesting about your nephew. I have a childhood friend who raises and shows Rottweiler. Growing up we always said we would raise horses and dogs.

Cc locked up but Linea is always a big temptation.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope all is well with you Barbara, Claudia, 3suwm5, and all of our posters and readers.

It is a quiet day for me.  Took a longish walk, did a little cleaning, and came to visit DH.  He seems to be doing pretty well.  But, a male caregiver really shoved his chair in the dining room table for lunch, and I think that upset him.  Also, he has a pretty bad cough again.  

I think some of the regular caregivers could not make it today, and there is a caregiver I have not seen often.  One of the ladies -- very tiny, and usually well-behaved -- was really acting up with her.  She kept throwing things at the caregiver, including her medicine (pills).  Don't know what that is all about.  The hospice social worker came, and we talked about both DH and the other lady who is with her hospice.  She is the one who has really taken a downturn since DH arrived.  She really needs to be fed most of the time, but I think some of the caregivers don't realize that.  It also must be difficult to feed two people in addition to serving all the others and keep track of Larry.  

DD and DGD did not make it to the game -- they wanted to concentrate on beautifying themselves.  But, my SIL and oldest DGS went there.  The team lost, but DGS played well.  Unfortunately my SIL's camera did not work -- apparently the batteries had worn out.  Oh well.....

I plan to go to the store later (no big deal), and get back to my cleaning.  

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's a quiet day here too, Linda. We dropped a life insurance from at the VA clinic for his doctor to fill out. It's policy has a clause that payments are waived if he's disabled. We have to have it completed each year even though he is over age 65.

We managed to get the gas fireplace in the living room started. Whether it will keep working I don't know. Last year it kept shutting down so we didn't use it a lot. The one in the back room works perfectly.

Linda, it very kind of you to advocate for the lady in the same hospice. Now mother would have been the one throwing things and causing a ruckus. Smh.

For some reason a large amount of leaves ended up in front of the garage door. I managed to get them out front for leaf collection.

I'm glad DGS played well but it's too bad about the camera batteries.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Respected Contributor

We are in Palm Springs..actually Indio. This resort is very pretty...the pool and hot tub are close by so I will use both. Our trip down the mountain was uneventful, but drove through a lot of fog and heavy rain. It has rained here also.

we will be in Phoenix on Thursday. Found out my Canadian friend is not coming this year. That is a loss for me.

Linda..glad dh is doing ok. It is good that you are there a lot so you see it all it sounds like a good place...and you are so kind with everyone.

Glad dgs played well. V3s team made it to the playoffs but he does not expect todo very well.

Claudia..I love gas fireplaces. These places all have them and made good use of them no, there is not one in the desert.

Poor pepper was exhausted from all of the fashion she had to try on

m was going to take her for a walk, but she went into her kennel and laid Dow,

Syd is not feeling well..Cough and sore throat. M will take her in to urgent care tomorrow.

sleep well.