Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week October 17

The rain has stopped for a while. If I would have thought about it I would have brought my Oregon jacket.,I bought it out here 10 years ago..waterproof, warm with a hood I have never seen them any where else bit in the northwest. 

We we head ou tomorrow to the south centralpsrt of the state for 2 days. Then on to California.

Linda...that is nice that dhs dd will be coming for part of the holidays. I thought you might go east for a visit. I agree with claudia, that Larry needs more intensive care.i hope dh is a bit more with it today.

did I tell you that m got upset while she was working at home on Friday. When she started crying Pepper came over and jumped into her lap and gave her puppy kisses. M said she stayed with her for quite a while. She is a very perceptive dog. Syd rarely gets sick bit I wonder what pepper will do.??

Claudia..hope you got your reorganization completed . Any more news on whit??? Hope you can find some side tables next week.

enjoy your day

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week October 17

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad the rain is calming down, and you can move on to your next destination.  What it is it like in South Central Oregon?  Interesting about your Oregon jacket.  You will probably remember it next time, but it won't rain.  DH's DD said that it is raining pretty hard in their area (Oakland), and they really need the rain.  But, one of their cats -- Sandy -- is not used to rain, and doesn't really like it much -- outdoor cat not used to being wet.  Don't know if I mentioned that she is taking a somewhat different position with the hospital -- not totally administrative, but more so than now.  Hope she can deal with it -- a little more money, but she is pretty much a "hands on" type doctor.  She would still be doing that, but some admin work as well.

It is cool in the mornings, but still pretty warm/hot in the afternoons here.  No rain and warm temperatures expected for the rest of the week at least.  I'm not complaining, but I did notice a lot of people in the pool while I was exercising at the gym.  We are starting to see the return of our "winter visitors" who tend to flock to the pool when it is even slightly warm, much less hot.  I have been so busy with "classes" and DH that I have not been to the pool for ages.  Perhaps tomorrow.

Cute about Pepper taking care of M.  I bet M really appreciated the love.

DH seemed to be more with it today, and Larry was behaving himself much better.  He is really something when he starts talking, which is often.  He sounds quite reasonable for a while, but then changes.  Difficult to explain.

Hope you find some good things at estate sales this week, Claudia, and you and R are feeling okay.

Another thing I'm not sure I mentioned, oldest DGS got a slight promotion at Macy's.  Not a supervisor/manager, but something on the way to that, I think.  

One of DH's friend's called, and we had a long talk yesterday evening.  His wife passed away last year after a long illness, actually several illnesses.  In the past, we did not get along all that well, but lately, it has been great.  He even offered to pick me up at the airport when I go East and let me stay in his basement (it is finished, etc.)  Very nice gesture.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Too bad you didn't have your "Oregon jacket", Barbara. As Linda said, if you had it you probably wouldn't need it. It's great Pepper is such an intuitive pup. Griff, if he knows we're upset tries to lap sit - all 100+ pounds.

I caught up with the junk mail and did some shredding. The garbage is out and the back yard cleaned up. I hosed off the bird bath and put that in the garage. R will either get home tomorrow night or Tuesday before bowling. He hasn't seen any deer. I'm relieved. No news from either Whitney or Adam.

Linda, I hope DH's DD adjusts and enjoys the change in her work. More money sometimes isn't worth it. Congratulations to DGS. I'm glad Larry w  better today and DH is doing well. Nice of his friend to offer to meet you at the airport.

Esteemed Contributor

Do I understand you are rooting for the deer, Claudia?  Just joking.  A friend of mine lived in rural PA for a while, and deer hunting was very big there.  They had small neighborhood processing (not the right word) place, and I think she actually got involved in "dressing" venison.  They gave a lot away to the poor.  They have moved a couple of times since then -- now living in the Boston suburbs, and I think she is mostly vegetarian.  While I don't have a big problem with hunting for food, I can't say that I would want to be involved.  

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday.  Hope R is okay when he returns.  I imagine the treatments do zap his energy, etc.  That seems to happen with many sorts of treatments and even illnesses.

Hope your day is off to a good start, and no news is good news from Whit and Adam.

Also hope you have made it safely to your next stop, Barbara. No rain here in Arizona for a while.  And, sunny and warm.

I made DH a pecan pie yesterday evening, and I plan to take it with me this morning.  I doubt that it will feed the whole group, but maybe it will work.  I'm using my new little crockpot to make my "salsa chicken" today.  Hope that turns out okay.  Later, I'll probably be in the banana bread production mode again.  These bananas ripen way too fast.

Did you find anything in the Linea show this morning, Claudia?  I'm trying to wear more of my clothes so I can decide on donating some.  So far, not much luck.  I seem to like most of what I have left, which is still way too much.

I ordered a new purse yesterday evening.  The black leather one I had (not more than a year old) is starting to wear.  I'm very disappointed in it, so I decided to try a different brand.  More money than I wanted to pay, but.....  It is Le Sac this time.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm still trying to get things done but my pace is slow today and the energy just isn't there. Last night about 6 we had a torrential downpour. Today's weather is warm so it didn't cool things down. I'm not sure if R will be coming home tonight or if it will be tomorrow.

Bo and Griff have disgraced themselves. I was upstairs washing my hair and getting dressed and planning to empty the litter boxes. They started barking madly. When I got dressed and investigated I found a tow truck was hooking up a car and towing it.

I agree with no news being good news, Linda. At least I hope so. 

The husband of a childhood friend processes deer and Bev helps. Growing up I know she never dreamed she'd be doing that. R doesn't believe in paying someone to process the meat. I'm really hoping the deer get away. I have told him processing and packaging here is not feasible with Adam gone and a non functional kitchen.

The pecan pie sounds good, Linda. I need to contact my pie lady.

Enjoy your new purse.

I ordered some opaque tights. I love in them the winter months. Since they're on clearance they won't be returning. Also ordered the new grape tunic and I must confess the coat in red. Definitely a want not a need. I have it on check hold in order to mull it over.

Barbara, I hope you have good weather for your travels.

Respected Contributor

Made it safely to our next stop...a little longer tan planned because of some heavy rain and snow and ice in the mountains. More tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Glad you made it okay, Barbara.  What weather!

Respected Contributor

Good morning from Klamath falls.  We are in south central Oregon in the high desert. The resort overlooks a wild life area with many interesting birds. It was only 39 when I went to get coffee a bit ago. I am glad I brought my fleece. 

The he trip took longer than expected due to weather..and road construction. We were stopped for a total of an hour because of one lane roads in the mountains.

obviously, I am doing no shopping...I have decided to give the kiddos books for Xmas and then a family gift of Money. That will be easy.

Claudia, that coat looked so pretty. I have more than enough coats and jackets. Hope your day goes well.

Linda..I glad you had a good visit with dh. I know today is your BOLUNTEER day..hope that goes wel. Nice that dgs got a promotion.

Pepper got into trouble yesterday. M was working at home and she heard some noise. Pepper appears with a little glass frog in her mouth. She was busy in the living room dismantling the coffe table vases. Thank goodness she did not break anything. M cleared everything off and put the stuff out of peppers way.

enjoy your day..tomorrow we go to northern ca.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad no damage from Pepper's mischief, Barbara.  Your gift ideas sound good.  Sorry you didn't have an easy time getting to Klamath falls.  Very cool weather for sure.  Hope your trip to California goes well.

I went to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was cooler than expected.  I was not the only one who felt that way, despite it being in the high 80's or so.  But, it would probably feel just right to you, Barbara.  

Hope things are going okay with you today, Claudia.  Also hope you like the Linea items you ordered.  I held firm and did not order anything, but it was not easy.

My volunteer job went well, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  After that, I'll visit DH.  He was doing very well yesterday, thank goodness.

DD and several of the kids are suffering from colds, and my SIL is having back problems.  He went to the chiropractor yesterday, and will go for a therapeutic massage tomorrow.  Hope it helps.  

DD said that in addition to his promotion, DGS' manager said that she is making him an assistant operations manager.  I think that probably sounds more than it is, but it should look good on his resume.

Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's quite a road trip, Barbara. Glad you arrived safely. That Pepper is quite a character.

Linda, back problems are miserable. I hope the massage helps. Good for eldest dgs. I'm glad dh was doing quite well yesterday. I hope today was another good day.