Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of September 26

Good Morning!  Sorry you are sore today, Barbara.   I'm sure Syd will miss you as well.  It is great that she is developing into such a good dancer.

I'm guessing you will need some of those capris when you reach Arizona.  It was cool on our walk, but should be hot again today.  No need to break any heat records in my book.  

We have the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym later.  Also hope to go by the storage room again.  I'm still going through things -- some to donate to the church holiday bazaar, others to the thrift store(s).  

Hope things aren't too hectic there Claudia, and both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I tried to post last night again but lost it and was too tired to try again.

It is cooler here too- 60's and rain. I'm about to go to the post office and mail bills out. Normally I'd do that tomorrow but...

Linda, it's a sad time for your sil- losing her brother. it's too bad DD can't find a support group.

I think I have convinced R not to turn rehab down if offered. He is still determined to bowl tonight though. Yesterday I posted a short video of some of the kittens on fb.

Respected Contributor

While I was out the VA contact person called R and now we're to go to Erie for the pre-op appointments. Since the kennel and hotel arrangements are already made we'll leave for Buffal after the Erie appointments.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe R is bowling tonight.  Yikes!  Sorry about the change in plans, but I am glad things are getting done regardless.

I had some great news -- ran into the head of the adult day services, and the doctor faxed the form.  Long story short, we have an appointment tomorrow morning, and I hope to enroll him then.  Maybe he will be able to attend next week.

Finally, we are getting some place!

Respected Contributor

Good morning...back from the dentist...just a routine cleaning. I am going to spend some time in a bit getting the stuff for the az more organized. 

It it was cold enough here this morning that I turned on the heat. Syd currently showers in the morning and she would have turned into an icicle.lol

Linda, that is great news that you will be able to get dh into the day care. That will give you some much needed time.

claudia...best of luck in rs surgery tomorrow. I will be back later. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hope all is going well so far today, Claudia.

Your weather is quite a contrast with ours, Barbara.  They are still predicting record high temperatures and no rain for the next couple of days.  It may be slightly cooler here than in Tucson, but still plenty hot.  It is nice in the morning when we take our walks.  Glad you got your dentist visit out of the way.

Happy to report everything went very smoothly at the adult day services center, and DH should be starting next Wednesday.  I can hardly believe it has come to pass, but I sure hope he does okay.  It is funny that he can respond to some questions so well, but then forgets normal things like how to use utensils or where the bathroom is in the house.  The head of the day services seems nice and friendly, which I think he will enjoy.  

DD said they are having bad storms there -- kept them up at night, etc.  I think a tropical storm is threatening their area.  Not fun.

We are off to a newcomers lunch soon.  Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I am off to knitting soon and then will meet a friend for lunch. It is rather cool here again so the heat is on just to take the chill off. 

V got a headache and fever from the flu shot...he got the big one recommended for seniors that my dr told me not to get. I just do the regular one. He is fine today.

i cleared off the bed in the guest room . I just need to figure out what clothes I will wear on the trip....it does not look to be hot until we get to Phoenix. I think I will leave my capris here because I have a couple of pairs of ankle pants.

claudia, hope rs surgery went well.

linda, I am so glad day care is a go. I would think he might grow to like it and the change could be good for him.  Hope did escapes the big storm that is projected to hit the east coast.

syd was hilarious at gymnastics last night. At one point she had to do leg lifts with 5 pound ankle weights. She only weighs 60'or so and her legs kept falling over. Then she got the giggles...need I say more.

i will check back later

Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossed about R's surgery, Claudia.  Hope both of you are doing okay.

Also hope you enjoy knitting, Barbara.  That is a funny image of Syd and the leg weights.

About ten years ago, I bought some leg weights where you could get up to 20 pounds per leg, but you could have as few as one pound per leg.  The idea was to work your way up.  I think I got to 13-14 pounds per leg.  Fast forward -- we use leg weights for the "strong bones" workout.  I started with two pounds per leg. At first, I used the leg weights I had on hand, but they were very bulky.  So, I bought a pair of 2 1/2 pound per leg weights.  I have not needed to go up in weight so far.  I keep thinking I could handle at least 3 pounds, maybe up to 5 pounds, but..... 

Today is supposed to be very hot, but it should be cooler for the weekend and next week.  You might not need too many warm weather clothes by the time you get to Phoenix.

I am very excited about the day program for DH, really hope it is good for him.  I know he can get very bored just sitting around all day.  I am feeling pretty guilty about leaving him all afternoon to go to OLLI classes, but I can't think of another option.  Our friend will be coming next Thursday, and late in the month.  And, his DD will be here one Thursday.  So, it is only two weeks this month, and maybe one in November.  I have decided to wait to see how the day care works before calling the home health care.  

Sorry V had a reaction to the flu shot.  I had the strong flu shot and the newer pneumonia shot.  One of my arms was very sore, but no other problems.  At least I think I'm done with pneumonia shots for a while.

Hope you enjoy your lunch, Barbara.  Ours was nice yesterday. 

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am back...was proud of myself at knitting.i had to recalculate part of a pattern and I did it correctly. My lunch date was nice...good food, I had quiche and a salad. V would never enjoy that kind of place...more of a bistro.

you do such a good job with your workouts, linda.  I was told never to use ankle weights because of my joint issues. I do use free weights and machines but not with a high amount of weight. If the day care works out for dh, will he go more than one day a week????  What classes are you taking at Olli?

i have to take my iPad into the Apple Store this weekend. I downloaded an update to the iOS and it has really messed the iPad up.

claudia..hope al is going well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Are you having problems with your mail, Barbara?  One of my friends posted information on FB about how to fix problems with mail when you upgrade to the new system.  Not sure that they will allow this link to post, but....  http://osxdaily.com/2015/07/05/resolving-mail-problems-os-x-update/

It starts with osx daily dot com

I am not sure if DH would go to additional days there, but maybe.  I have to see how it works out for him.  There are a couple of issues -- one is their hours -- there are some days that I routinely need to be somewhere before 9:00 or after 4:00 p.m.  Another issue is the cost -- really not bad, but not free.  I think the second day would probably be Friday since there are the fewest conflicts, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

I'm taking British history (this is the time after Queen Victoria up to Winston Churchill's death (I think).  This is a new class.  And, the other is another British mystery writers (they can be from other countries, but the stories need to be set in Britain.  These are six week classes, and then I'll be taking a two week class on numbers for non-math people.  Quite different for me.

There are a couple of other classes I would really like to take, but the timing doesn't work.  

Glad knitting went well.