Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 4

On the other hand if dance mom acts up Barbara will put her firmly in her place.

The memory care place seems like a good option, Linda. I'm guessing a stay there could let you visit DD.

Overcast and rainy here. Pt has been and gone. The nurse is due in a half hour. Both R's knees are quite swollen and there's some bruising. I was told that's not uncommon.

I can't get hold of the vet's office to check about Thursday. I may need to drive there. Miss Boots dashed out of the kitten room this morning and I had to find her and put her back in. Accidentally stepped on a kitten's toes or tail when feeding and mama cat was right there asking what happened. Said kitten had scooted under one of the dressers.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...m and syd are at dance...she has more practice this afternoon that I will take her to. There was no drama last night and I think because I was there, the dance mom left before syd solo started. She did ask what her song was and I made up something..lol.

i cannot fit my devices for the plane in my purse so I will take one of Vera small duffles as my purse. V texted that he was in butte , Montana so he will be close to the airport tonight.

nothing on the agenda today...it will be beautiful..high in the low 70s. The trees are starting to show their color. 

I will ill be back.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad no issues at dance, Barbara, and your weather sounds nice.  I have seen some beautiful Fall pictures on FB.  

Hope all is well there, Claudia.  Keeping up with R is difficult enough, much less all those pets of yours.  Try not to overdo.

The party was nice yesterday, and they had more people than expected.  Most participants had at least one caregiver there.  One lady at a different table wanted to talk to DH, and they took him over there since she cannot walk well.  I have no idea what was said, since he could not remember.  One of the ladies from the Caregiver group came by and told the people next to us that she was planning to put her DH in an assisted living place next month.  He has many issues (dementia, heart, etc.) and is confined to a wheelchair.  She seemed resigned to her decision, but her emotions had been all over the place.  I don't blame her at all.

You are correct Claudia -- I am looking for a place where DH could go while I'm away, particularly if I'm visiting DD.  I just don't think he could handle another long flight, etc., etc., and his DD has a very busy schedule.  Not sure if his son could handle things, but maybe.  Just keeping my options in mind.

I had to wait and wait to see the doctor (I think they may have taken on too many new patients), but it was worth it.  He is quite nice, and we discussed my knee pain, DH's sleeping issues, etc.  He suggested wearing an elastic knee brace (I have one, no problem), and prescribed a gel for me to use.  It does seem to help.  He also said that I may be exercising too much (where did I hear that before, LOL)? so I will need to be more careful at the gym, etc.  He suggested a Tylenol PM sort of thing for DH, and I gave him a half dose (one pill) last night.  I think he will need a full dose, but it was slightly better.

DGS' team played badly last night, and they lost.  I'm sure that will be a downer at DD's house this weekend.

Off to do my laundry and financial stuff.  Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Just lost m post.

linda, glad you might have a place to leave dh when you travel.. Hope the Tylenol pm works well. Sounds like you might have a solution for your knee pain. Reducing the number of reps you do might also be good.

i fly out in the late morning so will try to post. I have free wifi on the plane also..

have a a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Lost my confounded post again. Will try later.

Respected Contributor

Have a good flight tomorrow, Barbara. I'm glad there was not much of a problem last night with dance mom. She may be one of those people determined that her child do what she wanted to do but couldn't. Very hard on the child.

Linda, it's too bad about DGS's team losing badly. I'm glad you like the new doctor and he had a few suggestions. It may be too confusing and upsetting for your DH to travel so it's good to have another option.

Awk, R posted a picture of his incision on fb. SMH. He walked a couple times today but hurt quite a bit afterwards.

The storm door is installed. What a surprise the dogs got when I let them out. They exped to run right out and ended up piled on top of each other by the door.

I found my pocket calenar finally and the kittens' appt. is 11. Adam and I will need to each take a car. I will get mama cat and bring her home leaving Adam to get the shots and find out which is male or female.

The gas fireplace in the back room quit working. It's an inexpensive one and we've never had a problem with it until now. R was saying I give up on things. However Adam couldn't get it to work either.

Respected Contributor

I am at the airport in the delta lounge where I had oatmeal and oj for breakfast. M and syd dropped me off.

v made it to Oregon so he was going to stop about 2 hours from the airport for the night. I do not arrive until 1 pacific time so he has lots of time to get there.

claudia..glad you found your calendar. Yikes about r posting his in vision pic on fb. 

It it will be gorgeous here today..high at 85. Syd plans on raking leaves and making piles to jump I in.

linda, hope your day goes well.  I forgot to start a new thread.

Respected Contributor

It was in the low 40's this morning but is slowly warming up.

Mama cat scooted out of the spare room this morning. Usually she wants back in within a minute or two. Not this time. I had to locate her and scoop her up.

TT got his cooked egg and took the one for Griff also. Griff ran to TT's dish instead of his own when he came in and missed out.

Not a long drive for V today. Are you staying near the airport or travelling on, Barbara?

R saw a can opener advertised on tv and saw WM had it so is sending me out to get it. All these years he insisted we use a military opener and now he sees an ad and has to have it.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you made it to the airport okay, Barbara.  Hope you and V meet up with no problem, and you have a great time.  How fun to jump in leaf piles -- glad Syd has something to keep her mind off your leaving.

That is funny about the can opener, Claudia.  I have one from Pampered Chef that works well.  A few years after I bought this one, I bought another (we had two houses at the time), but then the second can opener doesn't work nearly as well.  Go figure.  As a back-up, I bought a highly rated "Made in the USA" model, but it isn't quite as neat as the Pampered Chef one.

Don't think I'd like to see someone's incision on the internet.  Yuck.  

Your pets certainly keep you on your toes.  

DH was a bit out of it this morning, but hopefully things will improve.  I gave him two of the Tylenol PM's last night, but it didn't seem to work.  Our walk went well, and I went to early church.  Now it is off to the gym.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I figured the photo posting is attention seeking. Lord knows I'd never consider posting something like that. It's on par with interviewing a client and having her pull up her shirt and say- see my scar.

I looked up the reviewd for the can opener R saw and they were not good. He ordered one with good reviews through WM.

Too bad DH didn't do better last night with the Tylenol PM. Since he was out of it this morning I wonder if giving it to him earlier would have any effect.