Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 4

Good morning. I am off to the Apple Store to find out what the update did to my iPad. I am using sydnies now. I really hope I do not have to replace it..arghhhh.

i need my infusion...I am past due and will get it on weds. I am trying to time it for our travels.  

Claudia, glad the surgery went well. Hope he gets rehab other than at home...it is so much better of one goes to a facility that has equipment. I would suggest that he does all of his exercises. V did not do his and he some issues.

linda...hope your morning is going well.

i will be back

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 4

R messaged me this morning they were going to release him today but he couldn't urinate on his own plus I hadn't called in height measurements of the recliner seat and toilet. I answered the regular pt person is off today and instructed me to call 7 AM Monday.

Wednesday will soon be here, Barbara. I figured you were trying to time it for your travels.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you had to delay your infusion, Barbara.  But, you are wise to schedule it around your travels.  Good luck with your iPad.  I have not used ours lately, so no update.  I am thinking maybe I should skip the update since you are not the only one with problems.

Goodness, Claudia.  I hope that R will go to rehab rather than try to do things at home.  Not fun for you to have to deal with rehab on top of everything else.  But, I know men can be very stubborn that way.  I am glad the surgery went well.

One of the men who went to the adult day services passed away.  I don't know any details, but his wife attended my support group.  Very nice lady.  

DH and I had pretty nice weather for our walk, and then I went to an earlier church service so that we could go to the gym early.  Everything went well except for missing my friends at the later service and feeling a bit guilty about not doing the pew tidying job.  

DH was giving me such a hard time last night -- kept running to bed every few minutes starting around 5:30 at night.  I have to admit I wasn't very nice about it.  Hope he doesn't do that again this evening.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

bi cannot post

Respected Contributor

I just lost my post will try tomorrow

Respected Contributor

Lots of texts this morning. When was I picking him up? He couldn't wait to get out of there he'd tell me why later. Arghh. When I talked with a pt person at 7 giving him the measurements requested he told me the weekend pt is recommending rehab unless there's a lot more improvement. I think R thinks walking is all that's needed. I'm pragmatic thinking of getting in and out of a car, up steps, not turning or twisting.

Well what do you know SS just called and they're releasing him home as he's doing so well. Yikes.

Respected Contributor

All I can say to you Claudia is good luck. The thing with hip replacements is if the patient is not careful with the twisting, it can come loose. V could not even sit in his recliner for at least a month. ((( hugs))))

I did try to post yesterday afternoon but I lost it. Got my iPad fixed...everything had to be reset. It was an easy fix and I know how to do it now.

my bday dinner was a disaster...my meat was burned and inedible.  They offered to redo it but I said no and it was taken off the bill.,yikes.

linda..hope dh behaved himself last night. If he goes to bed early, is he up in the middle of the night????

i need to finish packing tomorrow because after my infusion, I will not want to. Lol

Need to go switch out the laundry. I will be back later

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you will need to deal with all those issues, Claudia.  More hugs from me.  I have trouble enough with DH getting in and out of the car, etc., etc.  And, he doesn't even have a hip replacement.  Hope that you can get someone to come in and help.  I'm really looking forward to DH's adult day services visit on Wednesday -- hope it works for him since I do need a break.

Glad your I-pad is back and okay, Barbara.  DH never sleeps that well at night, but some nights are worse than others.  He did much better yesterday evening, thank goodness.  He was sleeping in front of the TV, but at least he wasn't fighting to go into the bed. And he didn't start talking to me in the middle of the night.   Good idea to get a head start on the packing.  Very sorry about your birthday dinner.  

We had a nice walk this morning, and then I had my strong bones workout.  The leader is talking about ending the workouts, but I think there is interest in keeping the Monday sessions, at least until Christmas.

This afternoon, I have a dermatologist check-up.  Hopefully, no problems.  Things seem to be going okay with DD and family, thank goodness.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

At least they took your inedible dinner off the bill, Barbara. Such a shame when it's a special dinner.

I heard from Fran. 21" of rain in Charleston. They have 4" of water in the garage. The front yard is flooded up to the door step but no water in the house.

Linda, fingers crossed for the daycare visit. I'm glad Sunday night was much better.

What a drive. I hate city driving to start with. By the time we got home it wasnear dark. Partway home my back started hurting terribly. I didn't dare stop as I knew we'd get home just as it got dark. It's a bit better today.

I need to go out and purchase a lift chair which R previously talked me out of doing. Even with a special cushion he has a terrible time getting up from the recliner. He can't sleep on the bed and of course is bored. I told him I should have driven to a hotel, set up room service for him and taken the first flight to Hawaii- lol.

Respected Contributor

Claudia..when v had his done..he had me put 2 small boards under the recliner, rocker so it did not rock forward. He used 2 pillows to sit on.  Recovery is boring...I like your idea of Hawaii. Is he doing his exercises???

i got my port flushed and am off to a much needed hair cut soon. I am finishing packing what v will take in the car. 

We we found out nationals are at Viirginia beach.,,that will be a pricey trip...syd wanted to go to Orlando.  

Linda, hope your volunteer job goes well.  

South Carolina really got hit with rain. I am glad Fran is safe. What weird weather we have.

more later.