Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 22

Back from church..it was a nice service  and the music really good. We have an excellent bell choir and they play well.

i have bacon in the oven...want to get all of the ingredients for the dressing done so I just have to put it together on Tuesday.

i am so glad that I am having the house cleaned tomorrow..one less thing to do.

nothing on the agenda today. After the place is cleaned I will get my few decorations out for Christmas. 

I will ill check back later...hope your day is going well

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 22

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad you enjoyed church and the bell choir.  We have one of those at my church, and they are pretty good.  Nice that you are having your house cleaned tomorrow.

My cold is still bothering me, unfortunately.  I am hoping that today is the end of the bad part, but who knows.  I don't get colds often, but.....

We had the turkey breast last night, and it was good.  DH really enjoyed the baked yams, which is different.  No big cooking planned for today, thank goodness.  

I hope that you are just being threatened with a $600 fine for the barking, Claudia.  I remember getting a warning letter for my little dog (many years ago.)  She used to have run of the house, but had some sort of digestive issue, so I put her in the sun porch (sort of like our Arizona room, but smaller) one day when I went to work, and she did not like that one bit.  Anyway, I was so upset that someone would have filed a complaint, but nothing came of it since she didn't do that again.  In any case, I think the threatened fine was way less (even considering inflation).  Hope that things are going better for you and your refrigerator is cooling better today.  Also hope your SIL's cholesterol improves.  

Considering going for a walk or to the gym, but I'm trying to baby myself a bit.  DH had an accident this morning -- not horrible, but not good.  Hoping things go much better this afternoon.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

No good news on the fridge. It's at 52 degrees. Arghh.  At least the freezer is working. No more starting the wash while the dogs are out. I'm right there with them.

Linda, have you tried a teaspoon of honey for your throat? I've tried it and it helps. Isn't that something about DH enjoying the yams.

Barbara, lucky you, having the house cleaned. I'm glad you enjoyed church.

We have a light dusting of snow today

I need to start the dishes soon. Most of the garbage is out.

I feel badly about Whit leaving school but they need to make their own decision.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about that refrigerator, Claudia.  It is a shame about Whit, but hopefully she will return some day.  I still wish DD would go back, but the older she gets the less likely it seems. 

Respected Contributor

I was brave and ran to Wally World...it was not too crowded.

linda, sorry that dh had an accident...hope your cold gets better..I find tea with honey is good and I swear by NyQuil.  Yams sound so good but no one else will eat them and it is way too much for one. Lol

claudia..when we had Amies dog one summer, she ( the dog, not amie). Went on a barking fit while we were gone for a couple of hours and we had a visit from the police. We did not leave her home outside again.  Sorry that whit had to quit school..could she do something online????i hope the dr is going to recheck your sil in a bit.

yukky about the fridge...it seems a lot of people are having issues with new ones lately.

My goal is to finish Tyler's stocking

Respected Contributor

I heard from Eileen. Unfortunately she has not been able to find a home for her kitten. The no kill shelter in her area is completely filled so it appears he'll be coming back to us. Darn it.

I think the fridge is 6 or 7 years old. This is the 3rd time this has happened. Much as I like the French door style and bottom freezer I'm ready to go back to a basic fridge.

Cyndi who used to post a long time ago mentioned they got 12" of snow in Detroit.

Barbara, I'm the only one here who likes yams.

Respected Contributor

I had an early massage...8 am but it was nice and I feel very good afterwards.  My cleaning people are here so the house will be sparkling.

sydnie is very excited to come.  She wanted to pack tank tops and shorts.  I don't think so since it will only be in the 60s here. 

I need to to do some baking this afternoon...cookies and brownies for dessert for t day.

claudia, it is too bad that you have to take the kitten back..you are going to be overrun with kitties. 

Linda, there was a good article on palliative care in the paper this morning. Dh is an excellent candidate.  It will also give you support.

i will be back later.

Respected Contributor

Only taking the kitten back because it's my sister. She had no clue that for a 2nd cat he'd up the rent plus deposit. If she didn't have medical bills to get paid off she could manage it and if it were just the deposit we'd say this is your birthday/Christmas present. Given the fact she's an excellent tenant and a neatnik unlike her sister it's too bad he's being greedy. She hasn't succeeded in re-homing in and the only option left is the shelter which is over run. At least Adam plans to take 2 when he joins Whit and household in Feb. They'll be neutered and have all shots by then.

Linda, my understanding is that you will never be billed for Hospice care. Barbara, I wonder if that was what your friend you can't contact had for his wife.

Refrigerator is at 47 degrees better than 52 or 53. R is still fiddling with it. I am betting by the time he's ready to call a repair person We'll have to wait till next week due to the holiday and the 30th being the 1st day of deer season.

I have a load of laundry started.

Barbara, I'm glad you had the massage and are feeling good today.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry it looks like you will be getting a kitten back, Claudia. And, also sorry about the refrigerator.  I have a plain Jane type refrigerator, and it had its first problem very quickly (maybe a year or year and a half.)  And, the one it replaced was just three years old or less.  I think they are just making these appliances to last as short a time as possible.  Not good.

Hope R's repairs work and don't delay other repairs if they are needed.  It certainly sounds unfair regarding your sister and the kitten.  Glad Adam will be taking a couple to Whit and family.  

Glad you had your massage, Barbara.  Interesting about the palliative care article.  We watched "Still Alice" (DVD from the library last night), and it was quite a story.  I know everyone is a bit different, but in some ways she was better or worse off than DH.   Happy your housecleaners are there today, and good luck with the baking.

I went out and bought honey yesterday, and had it in addition to hot tea, etc.  And, I bought NyQuil which might have helped, but caused many crazy dreams and other issues last night.  Not sure that I'm up to taking that again tonight, maybe.  

The lady at the center didn't come to open up the facility for strong bones this morning, so the four of us gave up.  I need to do the exercises here, but it isn't as much fun.

My SIL had a pretty good weekend, but his blood pressure was up this morning.  DD hopes that it is just a Monday morning sort of thing.

Guess I better get exercising now.  If I'm up to it, I'll go to COSTCO once I'm finished.  They have much better prices on certain things we use.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to go to COSTCO first (before exercising), so that is ahead of me.  

Much to my surprise, I had a call from a Hospice representative.   Apparently, the doctor sent over an order to them.  Long story short, a nurse will be coming out on Friday afternoon to evaluate DH.  The lady I spoke with is not sure he will qualify (I think dementia isn't sufficient on its own), but the evaluation is free.  Also, if he does not qualify, he will be "in the system" so that things might go more quickly when/if he does.