Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 1

The trip is only a week,Barbara. We're going out to dinner shortly. It's been overcast all day with some rain. Maybe I can mow tomorrow. Titan was groomed today and is tired. A European cruise is tempting but I doubt we'll go on many more trips. I know you'll enjoy it if you go.

Esteemed Contributor

How exciting that your trip is coming up so soon, Claudia.  Sorry you could not convince R to go to the funeral.  Hope dinner out was nice.

Glad you were able to shop for Syd, Barbara.  Just a few more days before V is there.  Hope the weather is warmish.  Pretty hot here today (low 90's).  I need to figure a different time to take my walks for the summer.  Waiting until I drop off DH at day services is just too late.  Maybe I'll walk before I take him, and just take him later than normal.  

I'm getting more and more excited about my trip and respite time.  I used my reward points from Southwest to purchase the airline tickets.  I'll be going a couple of days early and leaving a day later.  I have found an interesting day trip on-line (coast trip), and that may be a good choice for one of my extra days.  The manager of the facility told me to call when I have an idea about the dates, so I'll do that soon.  He is really nice and kind.

As I mentioned on the other board, it turns out that the pain in my hand is caused by arthritis.  I'm trying Tylenol arthritis as the doctor recommended.  But, I am also using the aspercream, etc.  Happily, I'm in good health aside from the osteoporosis and osteoarthritis along with my usual ear and eye issues.  The bloodwork was all good.

DH seemed to do pretty well today, and he did not have an accident so far.  

I was pretty shocked that one of our "regulars" at the senior lunch program passed away.  He was driving and lost control of his car -- hit a tree.  They think he may have had some health problem (heart attack or whatever).  Although he was in his upper 70's, he was still working (handyman type of stuff).  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DGD will need to take a remedial math class this summer.  DD said that she was very anxious taking the placement test.  I don't think it is a bad idea in any case since it will give her a chance to get her "feet wet" at the college. 

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara -- just FYI -- your autocorrect did some weird stuff on the other board.

From your post --

Waves to Bernie, Lindai, gay lesbian, Kathleen, char, Twinny, snicks, esse, and anyone I have forgotten

Respected Contributor

Thanks Linda, I wrote an apology...my autocorrect has been weird today...think I will reset my iPad.

Respected Contributor

Oops on the auto correct.

We're back from dinner at the restaurant run by R's friends. He liked the pizza. I wasn't impressed. Griff is in time out. He was not happy TT was lying in his way.

Yesterday we got two calls supposedly from the irs. The caller id said Florida cellphone and knowing my aunt doesn't use a cell phone and it wasn't our friends number I let it go to messages. When I played the messages it was a recording with the typical scam threat - this is your final notice unless you call this number. As if I would.

I think taking a remedial math course is a good idea for your dgd, Linda. Things have changed since we were in college. I don't remember taking a placement test and math was not my strong point.

I'm glad the doctor appointment went well. R was give. 2 prescription by the VA for arthritis creams and they do seem to help. Each spring and fall I have pain in various fingers and use the joint formula or Biofreeze.

What a shame about one of your lunch regulars.

Barbara, I'm sure you're looking forward to V's arrival.  He's probably hoping for summer like weather.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...Sydnie went to her before school program . I took Pepper for a walk..short and then picked up prescriptions. She wants a lot of attention today..still is a little nippy...has taken to attacking syds long hair so I was pretty stern with the dog last night. She was good this morning.

i reset my iPad and will check my posts for bizarre autocorrect. I really should get a new one .

v is driving interstates all of the way...usually he does some backroad  stuff but not this year.

i booked out a week in Colorado in August in one of our timeshares. We will see if that works for Sydnie...she wants to do a road trip.

Claudi.. Too bad you did not like the dinner. I am not a big pizza fan....I will eat it once in a while. Good that the creams are working for r. I am sure you are getting ready for your trip.

Linda, unless kids have taken calculus here, everyone tKes a remedial math course especially in community college. It will be good for dgd. Sorry to hear about your friend.

pepper is snatching DVDs and running off with them...I need to move them higher. Lol

hope you both have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like Pepper is a puppy in need of training, Barbara.  Puppiies are adorable, but I know you need to make sure they don't get into bad habits.  Glad you are able to help with that since others are at school and work.  

It wasn't a big deal about the autocorrect, but I figured you would want to know.  I really could not figure what you wrote that came out that way.  I probably should consider a new tablet, but I so rarely use the I-Pad that it seems like an unnecessary expense.  Hope the Colorado trip works out.  That is another State on my "wish list".  I have been to Denver, but I would like to see other areas in the State.

Hope your dogs are behaving today, Claudia.  Sorry you didn't like the pizza.  I love a good pizza, but it isn't that easy to find it around here.  

I spoke too soon about DH -- he had an accident yesterday afternoon.  Not fun.  At least he isn't constipated.  He got up a couple of times last night, and I'm a little tired.  But, I'm on a mission to de-clutter today.  Already decided on several things, and hope to have quite a bit to donate today or tomorrow.  I see the lawyer this afternoon.  Nothing else of interest planned.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced hotel for the "extra" days I'll be in Portland.  I have time, but I suspect Portland is a fairly pricey area.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I believe that Portland, like all big cities is pricey. I usually check hotels.com.  They have good pricing. We never used a hotel there because we stayed with Amie.

Pepper is a work in progress...she is teething, and never nips or bites me. But I am very strict with her. Sydnie is z little afraid of her and does not discipline well. But my others grandchildren were the same way with their dogs. She is a work in progress, but I can guarantee you she will not ****** or bark. Lol.

Sorry about dh...you so deserve the respite time. .(((( hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Yikes, that was small...

Respected Contributor

Pepper sounds like a real character. I'm sure everyone will be happy when she's done with teething.

I've spent a lot of time todAy copying shot records for the 3 dogs and printing the excursion vouchers.  The website is very slow for the tour company. I still need to email the itinerary to my sister and finish notes to my cat sitter.

Linda, I hope you can find a good pre on your extra days in Portland.

I need to take the recycling bins to the back porch. No rain yet today.