Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 1

Happy May Day. I remember when my kids were small doing May Day baskets for some of the neighbors. They usually put in dandelions...lol.

it looks to be a retry day..still not extremely warm. It has been a pretty cool spring.

Nothing at all exciting today...no shopping , cleaning or laundry.

i will be back.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 1

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Barbara and Happy May Day.  I remember our next door neighbor left flowers on our front porch a few times, and I loved it.  DH and I were married on this day (nine years ago) since he wanted a day he could remember.  Not that he can remember now, but.....  Hope your rain goes away and it warms up before V returns.

DH slept well last night, and I'm extremely grateful.  Also, the pharmacy finally delivered his medicine yesterday afternoon.  And, I decided on a trip -- so far just a $100 deposit, but pretty big decision.  I'll be going to Portland, OR at the end of July.  The trip is six days, but I may go early and/or stay late.  Now to find flights, make arrangements for respite care, etc. 

It is supposed to be a little cooler today -- highs in the 70's, and I think there is a small chance of rain.  Doubt that we will get rain, but.....

I plan to go to the gym after church, and I'll see how DH does today.  Last week was not good -- he didn't fall or anything, but he just didn't move much.  I hate to leave him home alone since he tends to do bathroom things in the wrong places, but I'm not sure about taking him to the gym and having him sit the whole time waiting for me.  Decisions, decisions.

We would normally go out to eat for our anniversary, but I don't feel up to it today.  Maybe one day this week we will go out for pizza again.  He does well with the "personal pan" type.  

Sounds like a good idea to have an airbed for R just in case, Claudia.  I am still thinking about buying DH a recliner for when he has trouble getting into bed.  Hope you are feeling okay and R is not in too much pain.  Also hope the dogs are behaving themselves.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, happy anniversary. I hope you can find some joy in all of the good times you have had with dh.

Your trip sounds wonderful...I have been to Portland many times.. Amie and her dh lived there for. 3 years..I love the whole area. If you stay for a few extra days, rent a car and drive down the coast...seaside is only 50 miles away.

I am happy that you are taking care of yourself.

Hope your day goes well. ((((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Linda, I echo Barbara's wishes for your anniversary. Pizza sounds like a good idea. The trip sounds great. I've never been there.

Many years ago my mother would take me to pick trilliums, put them in baskets, and deliver them to neighbors. By the time my sister's came along she was too busy and tired.

The rain finally stopped and the sun is shining. I checked the back steps to make sure Griff can't get under the porch. I adjusted some of the lumber I stacked there then cleaned up the yard and hauled the garbage cans out front. 

I finally got the chance to put laundry away and went through a bin of spring/summer clothes. There's a few things I haven't found yet. I probably should check the attic for another bin.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is a pretty day..should be close to 70. I feel like I have been hit by a truck this morning....however, I soldier on. Did some grocery shopping and have laundry going. The milk I bought was leaking, but the cashier caught it during check out. 

I lloked at syds dance schedule (preparation for ationals). And she is going to be a busy girl before we go. Her solo teacher told her that if she could figure out a couple of more difficult moves, Sydnie could put them in her solo. Her teacher is worthless. That being said, Syd did figure a couple of places to put turns. ( she can turn 4 x) and a harder step that a friend taught her. Smart girl.

Claudia...I lose clothes and I have to sit and think whether it is here or in az..lol. Or did I donate it. Lol. 

I hope you you are both having a nice day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you aren't feeling well this morning, Barbara.  I'm not surprised you are continuing on, but please don't overdo things.  I'm sure Syd will be busy.  What a shame about her teacher.  Will she have a different one next year or perhaps go with a different studio?  

It is sunny here and it should reach the 80's.  Warmer weather (90's) is predicted for later in the week, and then a cool (70's) weekend.  DH was cold this morning, but it really wasn't cold in the house.  He had an accident yesterday afternoon, which made for quite a lot of cleaning for me.  I am waiting to hear back from the facility about how to arrange for the respite care when I take my trip.  DH's DD thought it sounded like a nice trip.  She and the girls will be going to Germany then, but I won't let that stop me.  I could always come back from Oregon if an emergency happened.  

I have my physical this afternoon, and nothing else planned for the day except for walking and cleaning.  I am trying to go through things and de-clutter, but that didn't happen yesterday.  Fingers crossed it does today.

Hope you found your clothes, Claudia, and R is doing okay.  Also hope the dogs are behaving.  

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry you feel as if you were hit by a truck, Barbara. It a good thing the cashier spotted the leaking milk. What a shame Sydnie's teacher isn't much use. I'm glad Sydnie is able to figure moves out on her own.

Griff helped himself to the first section of today's paper before I read it. I guess he thought he could absorb knowledge. R is trying to find excuses not to go to the funeral for his half sister's husband. I told him saying he wasn't invited doesn't cut it. People don't issue invitations to a funeral.

Respected Contributor

I decided to take a small dosage pain pill and I feel much better.

Linda, Syd will stay at the same studio....in spite of all the drama, she likes it there and they love her. She will have a different solo teacher, however, next year. 

Sorry dh dh is having so many accidents but that is the nature of his disease. You are an angel.

Claudia, hope you convince r to go to the funeral.  Your trip should be coming up soon. I laughed about griff eating the paper, Pepper likes mail..so we make sure it is up.

Respected Contributor

I see we posted about the same time Linda. I just now got the chance to check back.

Unfortunately I couldn't persuade R to go to the funeral. I will say he hasn't felt well since last night. I hadn't sent a card because I thought we'd be going so dashed out and got a card and will send a memorial donation. Also mailed sil's birthday card and a check.  It's not till the 8th but I have so much to do I was afraid it would slip my mind.

I think DH will be just fine when you're on your trip. In any case you will be close enough to fly home if needed.

I'm glad Sydnie will have a different solo teacher next year, Barbara. This has been a challenging year given her useless instructor and dance mom.

Next week we'll be leaving. So much still to do.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I dropped syd at school and then ran to Target...she needed some new underwear ,sox and m does not have time to shop. She has been very good about reimbursing me.

it will be another nice day...I need to get some of my warm weather tops ready to wear. That involves a trip downstairs to unwrinkle them in the dryer. 

Nothing excitinf onnthe sgenda...yesterday, pepper went yo visit ms dr. And he gave her a treat...that she chewed on for a couple of hours. She hid it under the tv stand and went back later to find it I need to get her groomed soon.

Claudia, how lying is your trip ???!  We may do European cruise next year.

Linda, hope your day goes well with dh and your volunteer job.

ENJOY....