Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 19

[ Edited ]

I hope Sydnie has a wonderful birthday, Barbara and that you were able to join them. You'll be busy reorganizing this trip.

Linda, glad your feet are ok today and DH is doing well. It sounds like a very busy day for you.

Temperatures reached 51 today and we had a bit of sun. Recycling is picked up tomorrow so I got that organized. R found out there's a recall on his table saw and they are sending him a new table and other parts. The downside is he'll have to reassemble it. I have some banking to do tomorrow. I saw on FB that Jamie won a scholarship to bird camp. He does a lot of "birding" so this is great news.

Respected Contributor

So I went from 90 plus degrees to 22 this morning.  I am layered up.. I AM GETTING MY INFUSION AS I TYPE. will see how the head goes.

evetyone was glad to see me...lots of puppy kisses from Pepper. M was pretty calm. And Syd had a good birthday. I am going to take her shopping next week.

i have son laundry baskets full of things to find.a new high me.  I had Syd bring up a bin and I am going to store things in there in ms office temporarily. I may move out a small bookcase in our bedroom and put I. A storage container with baskets. But I need to find one first.

Glad your feet are better, Linda. I was able to walk from the gate yesterday to outside the airport. The airport here is big and gates can be a good hike. Glad dh is good.the cooler weather should be a relief.

Claudia..how nice for JAmie....good luck with the errands today. Pepper still gets into lots of trouble. Her newest thing is digging in the yard. Yikes.

have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your headache isn't too bad this time, Barbara.  Glad everyone was so happy to see you.  I'm sure that makes you feel good.  I always feel happy when DH smiles when I walk into his facility.  I know some patients get to the point when they don't recognize family, etc., and I really hope that doesn't happen with him.  

Quite the temperature change -- do say warm.  Good luck on your sorting/de-cluttering.  I need to keep up with that myself.

Good news for Jamie, Claudia.  There are many birders/bird watchers around here since we live near a pretty famous bird-watching area.  Can't say that I'm into it, and I think part of the issue is needing to get up so early to do the watching.  LOL  I do get up fairly early, but I don't necessarily want to run outside.  Hope R's replacement saw isn't too difficult, and everyone is feeling okay today.

Very long story short, but I'm back on for the Prolia shot.  The specialty pharmacy called yesterday, and I can have the injection for $95 which is much better than the $300 plus the other pharmacy wanted.  I had a lot of trouble understanding the pharmacy contact and the pharmacist -- very heavy accents -- possibly Indian.  However, the pharmacist did provide some useful information about possible adverse reactions and cautions.  I'm sufficiently warned that this may be my last injection.  

I had a nice walk this morning, and I'll be visiting DH in a little while.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad Sydnie enjoyed her birthday. The two of you will have fun shopping. Hope the headache isn't bad this time. Good for you walking from your gate. We had a frosting of snow this morning and it was quite cold. Our high was 25 degrees. Mother enjoyed bird watching but I never got into it. Jamie is quite the enthusiast and at 14 has been involved for 5 years and has met many of the experts. At least the injection is a much more reasonable cost, Linda. I hope your dh continues to recognize his loved ones. He is such a sweet person. R was too tired after senior bowling to look at loveseats so that's on the agenda for tomorrow after he has breakfast with former Army reservists. Not only was he in the Marine Corps twice, he also spent 10 years in the Army Reserve the last 5 as drill instructor. Last month while in Perkins he met one of the men from his former unit and found they meet monthly for breakfast. I ordered a pet carrier on wheels from Amazon. Spot who is 22 pounds will need shots updated later this year and will not fit in any of my pet carriers. Plus it's too darn hard to carry him and a carrier. I decided a wheeled one was the way to go and this one is rated for 40 pounds.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning -- that cat carrier sounds like a good idea, Claudia.  Nice that R found that old buddy.  Wonder if he will join their breakfast group.  I have been looking for a small sleeper loveseat or futon for a while, but no luck yet.  They seem to be much harder to find than the Queen size versions.  That is just too large for the room ("office").  The new ones I found on-line are outrageously priced, and I haven't found a used one yet.  I was very hopeful when I visited a thrift shop near the senior lunch program on Tuesday, but it had already sold.  Hope you find a loveseat that works for you.

Also hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara and your headache isn't too bad.  Have fun shopping with Syd -- sounds great.

DH's DD and family are going to Mexico over spring break.  And, she is staying for an extra week to help out with a local charity with their medical care.  I think she worked with them before she graduated from med school.  Southern part of Mexico I think.

The hospice nurse gave the caregivers in house training with the hoyer lift yesterday.  She said DH wasn't upset, and when I asked he didn't remember it.  Not sure how much the caregivers will us it, but at least they can do so if desired.  He was smiling and ate well.

I will be going to the gym this morning, and I have my British history class this afternoon.  The hospice nurse should be visiting DH later this afternoon when I'm there.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

This turned out to be a busier day than I thought. I had my port flushed, then got the blinker checked out. Of course there was no problem. On to knitting where I had some yarn wound and found some more beautiful yarn for a multicolored poncho., needless to say, I have a lot of projects to work on.

my hair stylist was running late, but got my hair reshape dandy finally made it home. My head is not the best so will,take something for it shortly.

it is dark and dreary out..we are to have rain for the next day.

Claudia..hope you find a love seat. Have you checked ikea. How nice for r to discover that breakfast group. He was a career service guy. How wonderful...I have great admiration for those who serve. 

Linda..ikea might be a thought for you. Hope the caregivers can use the Joyner if they need to. Enjoy your class today.

Claudia, how wonderful,that Jamie loves birding so much. 

Enjoy ot your evening and sleep well.

Respected Contributor

R and I went mid afternoon to one local furniture store and found a loveseat. Ended up with the matching chair after R said he liked it. They will be delivered Monday. One reason we wanted to find a local store is that they will take the old pieces at no charge. Since I'm in a rural area there is no Ikea. The last time we bought furniture it was from a place in Erie and we had to pay $100 delivery plus pay to have the old pieces hauled away.

I had 2 mini pies delivered a bit ago and asked about the feasibility of shipping a strawberry rhubarb pie to Adam. On talking I found her son just drove out to Tulsa for a 6 month internship. We could have sent a pie with him! She and her husband are driving out in June to visit and may be able to take a pie. Meanwhile we'll see if mailing one works.

Today was sunny and in the upper 40's

Your day was busy, Barbara. I hope the headache is better. I need to get my hair trimmed. Maybe I can fit it in tomorrow. Early afternoon I picked up dog food and the farm milk- 2 half gallons. Accidentally cracked one of the containers.  I did see my former college roommate out for a walk. She worked at SS in Baltimore for years but last year had to suddenly retire after being found unconscious. She's still living with her sister hoping to get in to assisted living. Tomorrow's her birthday so it was good to see her. Planning to get together soon.

Linda, I hope you meet up with the hospice nurse. I'm glad she trained the staff in using the lift. Hope you enjoyed your class.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I have laundry going. Ran to target to pick up some prescriptions...my drug coverage is not as good as it previously has been and I am paying a lot more out of pocket. Yikes.. 

Pepper er is at the vets to be boarded for he weekend. I am not sure what m will do next weekend because Syd has another competition.

Claudia..glad you found a chair and love seat...I understand about wanting things to be picked up. Hope you can figure out how to get a pie to Adam

Linda.It is 60 degrees cooler than it was in Phoenix last week. I am on several meds that have the potential,for serious side effects, but the benefits outweigh those remote possibilities. Good luck with the prolia...hope dh has a good day.

enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sorry about those drug prices going up, Barbara.  I guess there is nothing we can do about it, but not good.  I sure would not like the weather there.  It is warmer here today -- up to the 70's, and sunny.  Hope things go well this weekend.

Glad you found the loveseat and chair, Claudia.  It is important to me to have furniture delivered, and no assembly needed.  I have had several extra expenses this month, so I don't imagine I'll seriously look for furniture until next month at least.

Things not going that well for DH today.  First, they thought he had a seizure or stroke and called the EMT's.  Turned out he was okay, but he had some scrapes and bandages by the time I saw him.  The nurse came, and she told me it was okay to go to class rather than rush over.

I managed to have my Prolia shot after class, and the doctor and I talked about the possible adverse reactions versus the benefits.  Fractures are definitely a problem I don't want to have.  At least I don't really need to decide for another six months.

The caregiver called after I got home from picking up some allergy medicine for DH, and it turns out that he ended up on the floor in the bathroom.  He just can't stand for more than a few seconds.  They did get him up, but it took 30 minutes or so.  The nurse is supposed to come over again this afternoon.

Only other news is that youngest DGS may not go back to his small private college in the Fall.  He is concerned about their increasing prices, plus the lack of majors.  DGD is doing a STEM program at the community college, and he thinks that he might want to do the same.  Both of them may take chemistry at the community college this summer.

Need to visit DH now.  Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Brrr, Barbara. Today it was in the mid 60's. Rain is expected the next 5 days. It will be mud central here. Hope Pepper does well at the kennel. Good luck to Sydnie at the competition. I'm sure she'll do brilliantly.

Not an easy day for your DH, Linda. I'm glad he wasn't hurt except for a few scrapes. I can understand youngest DGS' concerns.I hope he makes the best decision for him. Glad you got your shot.

Tomorrow I start cleaning the living room and moving furniture. It's easier to do when R's not home. He's doing scalloped potatoes in the crock pot to take tomorrow. I had to persuade him the lid needed to be on. Oven directions said no lid so he thought that should carry through to the crock pot. Then he comes out of the bathroom needing help. Somehow he stepped through one side of his suspenders and was tangled up. Never a dull moment.

30 years ago we could have picked up furniture and moved old furniture out. No more. I must remember to squeeze the tube of medicine in TT's ear tonight. Just thought of it.

Fingers crossed DH is doing better when you go back.