Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 19

Good morning...I am back from church..it was 85 when I left at 10.  We had a nice drive to Prescott...the weather was perfect there , a nice breeze and 75. We had lunch and then sat in the town square and people watched. I ended up driving most of the way back because v was sleepy.

Nothing on the agenda today...I am still trying to figure out what to take home. I am going to leave my cool weather boots there for sure.

i am making something in the crockpot for dinner..I do not want to run the stove or oven today.

have a very good day. 

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 19

By the way, I had no trouble signing in today.

Linda...that is interesting about your neighbor. I have a friend from Canada who comes without her husband but he is still working. V and I did that for a couple of years.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  It is pretty warm here as well, but we "only" made it to 94 degrees yesterday.  So, no new record.  They are predicting highs in the 70's on Thursday and Friday.  I'm not sure, but I think I may be having some allergy problems -- sneezing and eyes bothering me.  That is not usual for me, but I have had issues some years.

I still had trouble getting in to post, but less than yesterday when it took at least three times.  I thought it was my browser, but not so.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Prescott.  I walked around the square many times when I was there for the music festival last December.  It was pretty chilly then, but I'm sure it was much warmer yesterday.

I am a bit confused about next door and her husband, but who knows.

Church and the gym were fine, as was DH when I visited him at lunchtime.  Fortunately, I got there in time to feed him his whole lunch.  Sometimes, they feed them very early.  Interestingly enough, several of the other residents had visits from their spouses today, including Larry.  He seemed to be on his pretty good behavior.  Someone closed the office door with the key inside, so they could not get to the medicines.  They tried and tried, but eventually the manager drove down to open it up.  Pretty long drive for him, but some of the residents don't do well without their medicine.

I put my dinner in the crockpot -- the salsa chicken again.  I really like the taste, and it is so easy to prepare.

Hope all is well with you Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Prescott, AZ? Daughter lives in Gilbert and we stop briefly in Prescott along the way to Sedona. Lovely city! It's 80 degrees in Central Midwest today. We're amazed. Flowering trees are budding early. I hope the weather is kind to our foilage and trees. Surely they're a little confused with this very mild winter. Have a lovely Sunday afternoon and week. Jean. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Our temperatures were in the upper 30's today. At least the snow has melted. I'll take your 80 degree temperatures, Jean.

R took k is muzzleloaders down to the range today to sight them in. He and his buddy are going to a shoot next weekend. He came home so tired he could barely put one foot in front of the other. 

I got a few things done today but not as much as I hoped. I'll need to make a list for tomorrow. TT seems to be doing better. Did I mention he weighs 195 pounds now? Down from 198. Griffyn is behaving himself- knock on wood.

I'm glad to hear Larry was on his good behavior and the manager was able to drive down and open the office door, Linda. I imagine a number of residents needed their medication.

Barbara, I used the crock pot Friday for the corned beef. R plans to take it to the weekend shoot and make scalloped potatoes. Each participant is to bring something. People watching is fun.

Respected Contributor

Happy first day of spring.,it is more like summer in the valley of the sun...94 today. I am not complaining because it will be much cooler for me at my other home. 

Nothing big big going on today..I am making taco salad for supper and forgot to get lettuce.,so I made a quick trip to get some $ out for tomorrow, pick up lettuce and get gas in the car. 

I am am having my driver pick me up tomorrow..I am getting in too late to catch the train and m is not in a good mood so I do not want to ask her.. I will,take the train when I go back.,

Sydnie is excited to have me home...think things have been a bit stressful for her.

Nice to have you posting, Jeanlakke. We have a winter home close to Gilbert.

I ordered 2 very nice tees from logo. .i do lie some of her things..and what I have has held up well.

Linda..what is wrong with your foot??? It sounds as if you had a good day yesterday.

i have to make a list for v of things to do while I am gone..like get the heat, ac pump,checked out. He is quite the proscratinator..lol.

Claudia..tt is a big dog. V3s first dog was about 130 pounds. Pepper thinks she is a big dog..all 10 pounds of her..lol. My scalloped potatoes and ham were good.

Enjoy your day.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope your trip home goes well, Barbara.  Sorry you need to pay for a driver, but at least you can use the train on the way back.

My feet feel okay today, but yesterday my big toe on the left foot was hurting -- even was a little red.  I keep having different issues with my feet, which I attribute to too much walking.  Simple answer is to cut back on the walking, but I'm not there yet.  I bought some "toe bandages" (really like foam tubes) to put around my toe if I have more issues. 

I'm sure Syd will be happy to see you.  Hope V gets things done while you are away.

Warm here as well, but it should be much cooler on Thursday.  

Hi Jean == enjoy your weather.  Sounds nice.

TT is certainly a large dog, Claudia.  DH doesn't weigh as much as TT.  I think he did weigh that much at one time, but now is thinner. 

He was doing okay when I visited earlier today.  I talked to the manager because I don't think they are taking him to activities outside of his building (they hold activities in different buildings).  While I know it isn't that easy, I would like him to get out at least a few times a week.  The director said that would be no problem.   He was not happy that I was leaving after lunch, but I think I assured him that I'd be back later.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Not much going on today. I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I finally fell asleep around 4 am but woke up about 7:30. Hopefully tonight will be.

R sighted in a flintlock earlier today. Came home and cleaned it but when washing up splattered water and dirt on the recently touched up paint around the sink.

I watched some of the Linea show on my Kindle fire while fixing supper. Multitasking at it's best- lol.

Have a good flight tomorrow, Barbara. It's good you have a driver available. I hope M's mood improves. Starting a new job and learning new ways of doing things is usually stressful. It's good she has you to help. Good idea giving V a list. It's easy to forget.

Linda, I hope DH gets out to some of the activities. Toes can be so painful. Hoping the cushioning helps. Griff is lying on my feet and TT is to the right of him. 

After R's bowling Wednesday I would like to look at small couches/loveseat. The one the dogs took over needs to go. There's only one place in town to look. Hopefully I can find something sturdy at some price I'm willing to pay. I'll then put a cover on it.

Respected Contributor

I am at the airport. With the time change I will not get in until 5.

Today is Sydnies 12 th birthday. She is growing up too fast. I told m not to wait for me to go out for dinner.,if I get home early enough I will meet them.

i am glad that I have the extra week because I have to find places for the things that were stored in the guest bedroom. Yikes. I know that I am going to wash and donate some blankets and quilts we no longer use and have not for years.

Good luck on the furniture shopping Claudia. 

Linda, hope your toes are better. Cutting back for a bit might be a good idea.

have a great day.🛫

Esteemed Contributor

Happy birthday to Syd!  Hope you will get there in time to join them, Barbara.  Good luck with the guest room.

My feet are okay today, thank goodness. 

Hope things are okay today, Claudia.

DH seems okay.  One of the ladies in the house passed away yesterday.  She was pretty sick, but I just saw her on Sunday, and had no clue.  She was very small, etc.

Work was different.  My usual buddy was not there, and I had more work than normal.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda