Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of July 31

[ Edited ]

I could not find our thread, so I'm trying to start a new one.  Hope this works.

Glad Pepper is home and does not need surgery, Barbara.  Hopefully, the pain medicines will do their job.  Also hope you are feeling better and M is in a better mood.

I guess you are on your way to Houston tomorrow, Claudia?  Hope it is a good trip.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I ended up taking a lunch cruise yesterday, and it was nice.   On the way back, I ran into a large group of mermaids who I later found were in Portland's first mermaid parade.  I have not seen my Maryland buddies since I left to go on the cruise.  She was expecting one sister (and husband) to arrive yesterday, and another (and husband) to arrive today, and they will be joining the Road Scholar group.  

I did see some vagrants, Barbara, but I was struck by how many young people were around.  Lots if them tied to their phones, and many sporting colorful tattoos, etc.  Quite different from our sleepy retirement community.  

After breakfast, I went to the fitness room, and I'm finally starting to cool down.  I was pretty restless last night, but at least I was able to stay in bed much longer than at home.  Our Turkish friend visited DH at the facility, and he is dong well.  Also, I called this morning, and they said he slept better last night, had a big breakfast, and is settling in very well.  I could not ask for more.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- we are going to Mt. Hood and Timerline Lodge tomorrow, rose and Japanese gardens and downtown walk on Tuesday, Astoria/Ft. Clatsop/Fort Stevens and Wine tasting on Wednesday, and Columbia Gorge on Thursday.  There are lectures and picnics  as well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of July 31

Good morning Linda -- it sounds like things are running smoothly for DH, thanks to God.

You can enjoy your trip, when you have that news. 

Have a GREAT time!!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks for starting, Linda. It sounds as if your trip is very good for you. Portland is an interesting city...kind of new age...lots of drug use...it draws a unique, young crowd, I am glad you enjoyed your lunch cruise.,I have been to all of the places you will visit. The Oregon wineries have good wine.  I am sure you are relieved that dh is doing well. I read on the other thread that hire friend from turkey visited him. How nice of her.

keep enjoying yourself...you more than deserve it.

The work on the garage sale continues...and it is a lot of work. Syd and m are getting rid of a lot. 😍

I am am kind of ok but have felt better. M finally realized how chummy I am feeling so she has really stepped it up.

Claudia...enjoy Houston Nd stay cool.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

https://www.pinterest.com/jovigirl5/sundays/

Respected Contributor

We leave Wednesday. I still need to decide what to pack. I keep drawing a blank.

Today is not as humid as it has been. I dropped a bag of donations off, did some laundry, and mowed out back. I try to pace myself. If there were 3 of me I could get everything I want to do done.

TT misses R. Last night he would not go out. This morning he didn't want to but I managed to bribe him. Thank goodness he is bribeable. You can't make a 200 pound dog do anything he doesn't want to.

I'm so happy to hear you're DH's doing well and your Turkish friend visited, Linda.

Your itinerary is interesting. It will probably take a while for you to manage  more sleep. 

My cat sitter just stopped by so I'm trying to gather my thoughts again. I wasn't sure she'd get over today. She had called to say one of her dogs slipped its collar and they were out to looking for her. The lost has been found though and is home in her crate.

Those garage sales are a lot of work, Barbara. I'm glad M has realized you don't feel well and has stepped up. Fingers crossed Pepper heals without needing surgery.

Cute picture meallen. Hope your Sunday has been relaxing.

3suwm5 hope you have had a good weekend too.

Respected Contributor

The heat and humidity has returned. Arghh it is not good for my joints. I went grocery shopping this morning and am still recovering. 😜

Sydnie is at her ballet camp this weekend. She was moved up a level so she was happy. She has a lot of dance this month.

Stuff for the garage sale is growing exponentially. Sydnie is putting more things in. What is not sold will be donated.

Linda, enjoy your trip today. A few years ago, I had to drive the road to met hood with a post infusion headache. Vyrn could not drive because he was recovering from rotator cuff surgery. 

Claudia...good luck on packing...I usually check weather forecasts. To my knowledge, Houston is very humid. 

Enjoy ot your day. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry about the heat and humidity, Barbara. Do take it easy. I'm sure Sydnie will enjoy camp.

I am not really looking forward to Houston's humidity. At this point I'm considering grabbing an armload of clothes and tossing them into the suitcase. No I won't do that but it's tempting. 

I used the trimmer earlier and get every t thing done except a portion on a neighbor's side of the fence. It is humid again and we may get rain this afternoon.

Enjoy today's stops on the tour, Linda. I hope your weather is good.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening! I had a busy, but very good day.  There is a very nice widow on the trip, and we have lots in common.  And, several others in the group are very nice and interesting.   We had a picnic lunch in a rain forest -- wonderful, and the Mt. Hood/Timberline visit was great.  We had an art lecture after dinner.  

DH is doing very well.  His caregiver was back from her trip, and he ate a big breakfast again.  

I'm relieved and very happy.

Sorry you are bothered by the weather, Barbara.  I wish you didn't have so much pain.  Good luck with your garage sale.  You are courageous to have one.   Hope Syd likes her ballet camp.

You are busy, Claudia.  Please don't overdo in the heat.  DH used to literally throw clothes into his suitcase.  I was pretty amazed.  Eventually, I took over his packing.  I'm certainly not a neat nick, but that was just too much for me.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is just pepper and I home...Syd is at dance and v went to play bridge. I am going to go downstairs and work on the gRage sale a bit.there is quite a bit of stuff to go.,and yes it is a lot of work. Lol.

i am learning to tell my self that everything does not have to be done immediately. It helps that my body is not fully functional.

Linda...it is so good you are enjoying your trip.,I am glad you have found some nice companions. The Oregon forests are stunning.,you will get to see some of the coast when you go to Astoria. You should pass seaside, which is where we start our trip to Arizona. It sounds as if dh is doing very well also. 😍

Claudia...I laughed when you said just throw clothes in a suitcase, I know you don't pack that way. I am pretty ****** about how I pack...once you get that done enjoy yourself.

ms friend, the vet, commented on what a very good puppy Pepper was. She is well behaved and socialized.,so I guess we did something right,

enjoy your day.

thanks meallen for your lovely graphics.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I am so happy DH is doing well. What a relief. It's nice you found some congenial companions. On our tours there were usually several people traveling alone  and they fit in well with the group.

Take it easy, Barbara and try not to overdo. What gets done gets done.

It's the usual pre trip drama here. Each time I hope things go smoothly but it's just not meant to be. R could find everything but his short sleeved dress shirt. After picking up my alterations I ended up checking the stores. No luck at BonTon so I ended up heading over the NY border an found it at Penneys. It had to be short sleeved and blue. Arghhh. Then R asked about a wheeled carry on. After I got one out of the attic I found he'd put his stuff in a bag. Go figure. I forgot my cc company's user I'd and password so had to call to get that straightened out and give them our travel plans. Now I see from the email they have us listed as travelling  Buffalo to Baltimore, then Texas and then Hawaii!  I'm frustrated enough I may just grab an preload of clothes and throw them in.