Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 31

Good morning..my baby brother arrived last night. V ended up going to pick him up because my middle brothers flight was canceled due to the blizzard in Minneapolis. So they are due to land shortly.

m said that they had about 10 inches of snow. My cleaning lady ended picking up Syd from after school care. She was able to make it into work. 

I have no no idea what they want to do....hiking was mentioned and that leaves me out. Lol. 

Linda...good that dh had a good day. I am sure the bathroom will work out.

Claudia...I am glad that Pepper will be small so she cannot reach the counters or stove.

Have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Have fun with your brothers, Barbara.  Hiking can be too much for me since it seems like hikers like to go off the "easy" trails.  I am very worried about falling, and it seems like a lot of the trails are filled with hazards.  A few years ago DH's friends came, and I waited at the bottom of the trail while they hiked since I didn't have hiking shoes or poles to work with.  Felt like a wimp, but....

It was so cold here this morning -- still in the 20's when I took my walk after dropping DH off at day services.  DD said they were having a lot of rain, but at least no more snow for now.    Glad your cleaning lady could pick up Syd.

I have never had a dog who was able to take things off the counter, but I do remember our first dog -- miniature dachshund -- who jumped up on the dining room table where DD's Valentine cake (for her boyfriend) was cooling.  The dog ate around the outside of the cake, and pretty much left the heart shape.  But, I had to take DD to a bakery to replace it.  LOL

The broker called me today -- now I need another note from a doctor to get the power of attorney.  The hospice doctor should be able to help, but not until next week or so.  Then, he called back because I needed to fill out another form for him.  This is certainly a long process.

My first class -- journeys (trips people take) was good.  This lady and her husband went to several countries -- Bosnia, Albania, Serbia, Romania, etc., and she was entertaining.

Hope things are going okay there Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad the cleaning lady was able to pick Syd up. I'm guessing all the travellers have arrived by now.

Better safe than sorry, Linda when it  involves hiking off the easy trails. It reached 60 today but tomorrow is supposed to be cold. I'm glad you enjoyed your 1st class. It sounds very interesting.

This morning I had several errands then R's bowling. On the way home he noticed we were using the spare key to the suv and became quite anxious till he located the other key buried under "stuff" on the sunporch. I had gone out to pick up a few things at WM.

mainly to get some calm. His idea of searching is to toss things hither and yon.

There was a message from the vet that Griff's neutering needed rescheduled. He had accidentally been scheduled for cat neutering day. I was worried the appt. would be a couple weeks later instead it's the day before. Whew.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Glad you found the key, Claudia.  Losing important things can be so upsetting.  I remember one time that DH left the car key in his robe or pants before he went on a trip.  I spent the whole time he was gone searching for the key (tearing the place apart and putting it back together).  When he returned, I was checking his pockets and found the key.  Yikes!  Glad you got the neutering appointment re-scheduled.

Hope you are having a good time with your company, Barbara.  Another cold morning here, but it should start getting warmer each day, and the weekend should be quite nice.

Having a non-rush morning, which I really appreciate.  When the caregiver comes, I need to have DH ready to go by 7:30, and having him eat, etc. by then is not always easy.

Not sure that I will make it to the gym today, but I can do so tomorrow afternoon.  I do want to take a walk this morning, and I need to leave here no later than 1:00 (hopefully a bit sooner) to get DH to day services and make it to class (British history) on time.  

I am hoping the tax attorney will call this morning so that I can drop off the signed deeds, and he can get the process started.

Sent DGD a text wishing her a happy sweet 16th birthday, and she texted me back.  Nice.  I will call her a bit later.  Not sure if I mentioned it, but she will be going with youngest DGS to his senior prom.  She already has the dress and shoes, and I will be sending her a clutch purse that my Aunt gave me many years ago.  My Aunt bought it during the war (WWII) when she was a nurse who spent time on ships/overseas helping the troops.  I think it may be from Egypt, but I'm not sure.  Black velvet with silver beads.  DGD's dress is sort of vintage according to DD, and I think the purse definitely qualifies for that category.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am having a great visit with my family....they went hiking so I have some down time. Wish th weather were warmer but it will be nice this weekend.

happy bday to your dgd. How nice she is going to prom with her brother..that purse sounds lovely. You Olli classes sound so interesting. Enjoy.

i have learned to put our keys in one place because I do freak when I cannot find one. Lol.

Pepper opened her eyes and they are blue. Her sire has blue eyes. She is going to be a cute dog.

Claudia..hope your day is going well.

enjoy

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday to your DGD, Linda. The handbag  sounds lovely. What a treasure. I hope you can drop the papers off today. I agree with Barbara. Your classes sound so interesting.

Glad the visit is going well, Barbara and your weather will be warmer. Our husky from years ago had blue eyes. Pepper will be a very striking pup. I bet Syd can't wait.

We had a few flakes of snow this morning. Whit called to say she was rear ended on her way to her VA appointment. Some damage to the trunk area. It's always something. They just bought new tires to the tune of $600.

Respected Contributor

Back from my daily grocery run. My fridge is not huge so I cannot store a lot of extra food., my brothers and sil went hiking...my other sil had to move her flight to a later time because of snow. She will get here tonight. 

I convinced sydnie to wait until I get home to see her puppy.,it will be 5 weeks old and should be moving.

Claudia..poor whit has about the same luck m does. Hope she was not hurt.

Linda..I wish you a good day.

i need to figure out lunch.

enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Good idea to wait till 5 weeks though I'm sure Sydnie hates the wait. Our newfie breeder sent out weekly emails with pictures. We had that for GN. Not so much for TT as we got him a week after losing GN to myasthenia gravis only because TT's sale fell through. They did manage though to find a few pictures.

I checked their website and see GN's father (TT's grandfather is 14 now).

We had a dusting of snow this morning.

Respected Contributor

The breeder has ent pictures..about twice a week.  She estimates that Pepper will be about 15 pounds full grown.

Respected Contributor

She'll be about the size of Spot our half feral kitten. I estimate he will be a year old around the end of the month. I'd give him a different name except he answers to it. I started using it outside because he never was in one spot. In a way the name fits as he's a spotted tabby.