Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 23

I am back from church. My solo went well...I received lots of compliments.  I was not nervous so that helped.  I am glad it is over. 🎧

I do do have enough of my medication here..I refill as soon as I can so I do not run out. 

I was happy..my dr petitioned my insurance to pay got two drugs I take that were removed from the formulary. It was granted and will save me about $150 per refill.

no rain here today, but it will start up tomorrow. The weather looks ok for when I am home.

nothing else to report. Hope your day is going well.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 23

Delighted your solo went well, Barbara. I refill R's prescriptions well before they run out. $150 is a great savings.

It's another mild day. A bit of drizzle but then the sun came up. R is you hung up paint in the half bath. I still need to clean up the yard and put the garbage out.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your solo went so well, Barbara.  That is great news about saving $150 for your refills.  Quite a good savings.  We are expecting rain tomorrow or tomorrow night as well, and it is sunny here.  Still chilly for me, but I noticed a lady wearing white capri pants to church and a couple of people swimming in the pool when I went to gym.  This is when it was in the low to mid 40's.  Heated pool, but outdoors.  They are obviously from stronger stock than me.  Fingers crossed the weather will be okay when you go home.

Good that your weather is mild, Claudia.  Sounds like you and R are busy bees today.

Nothing exciting going on here -- church, gym, and visited DH.  He was doing pretty well, but he gave me a scare when he got up from his chair and started to fall a bit.  Fortunately, he just went back down in his chair.  I had seen his wheelchair and walker out in the room, but the caregiver said there was no record of a fall.  Perhaps he had a hard time getting up earlier.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness your DH didn't fall, Linda. I'm with you on those temperatures I would get in a pool.

R has pt tomorrow about 9 am.

The young cats now expect me to turn on a thin stream of water in the tub so they can play. Even Spot the half feral hops in. Mama cat thinks they're crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R's PT helps, Claudia.  I remember a couple of my dogs hated water.  They were small, so I would try to bathe them at home.  They looked scared to death and tried to jump out of the tub.  They didn't like rain either.  Your kittens/cat sound like they are full of energy.  Your furbabies ensure you will never have a dull life.

When are you leaving, Barbara?  It is sunny and cool now, but they are predicting rain and cooler weather tonight and for the next several days.  I'm not a fan, but I guess we need the rain.

I am going "out to lunch" with the seniors -- Olive Garden today.  The older lady who I met on a previous trip is going as well.  Hopefully, it will be fun.  I know that Olive Garden is not anything close to top-notch Italian food, but......

When I visited DH the second time, Larry was busy pushing on his chair, and the caregiver was trying to get Larry to stop.  Both the caregiver and a resident told me that DH was anxious about this, but I think he was calmed down not long after I arrived.  Larry is having more and more problems, unfortunately.  DH's DD was called for jury duty today, and she is hoping that it will be a one-day duty since she works a long shift tomorrow.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I had our bedroom carpets cleaned this morning...they were not too bad but I have never had it done here. They look nice. Our grout needs cleaning but will have to save money for that...it is pretty pricey.

A lazy day..I go home tomorrow..back on Sunday.,I always take my small suitcase because it is easier to handle than a bag. I do have some things to take back, plus some knitting and music.

M thought pepper needed to be cut back to 1 feeding, which meant only 1/3 copper day. The fog was beside herself yesterday, tearing apart toys, biting. She Ted her vet friend who tol d m she had misunderstood..so pepper is back to 2 feelings a day and is much happier.

Linda, is dh in an assisted living place ??? It sure sounds as if Larry needs a more helpful placement. Yikes. Enjoy your lunch . Sydnie loves Olive Garden..me not so much.,I like their soup and salad  for a meal.

Claudia, hope rs pt goes well. 

Enjoy your day

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Pepper is back to twice a day feedings -- sounds like it was necessary. 

DH is in an assisted living/memory care place.  They do have people who need a lot of care, including DH who cannot eat on his own, etc.  But, I think Larry may be taking more resources/needing more care than they can offer.  

The Olive Garden trip was good, except for the bus driver ran into the bumper of a parked car in front.  Not a big deal, but it was a littler nerve-wracking.  I usually have the soup, salad, and breadsticks, but I tried the soup, breadsticks and pasta.  It was way too much pasta for me, and I brought at least half of it home.  Oh well.....

Very windy here today, but at least it isn't too cold.

Have a safe trip home, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Both TT and Griff have fits if their food is late though there are some days they leave their breakfast. Bo always eats as he knows what it is to be without. If TT decided he hasn't had enough food he starts surfing the counters. I used to free food but with Griff becoming food aggressive I know feed twice a day.

It is cooler today and raining right now. Bo gets groomed tomorrow. Then I will schedule Griff.

Have a good flight tomorrow, Barbara.

Linda, it does seem Larry needs a higher level of care. Olive Garden does serve a large amount of pasta.

R is almost finished touching up the half bathrooms paint. Now to try to put things back.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad R is finished with the painting, Claudia.  I found removing and putting back things after painting to be an exhausting job.  I know some people hire painters or do it themselves over a long period, but I had enough trouble with having it done relatively quickly.  Hope Bo will be beautiful after grooming.

Have a safe trip home, Barbara.

I forgot to mention that my friend didn't show up for the trip.  I need to call her to see if she is okay. 

Much to my surprise, the hospice nurse came to visit DH yesterday afternoon while I was there.  She had received a call from a nurse (I guess a nurse who visits residents) saying that DH had fallen over the weekend, but had no injury.  I was very surprised, because I had wondered if he had fallen, but was told that he had not.  The reason I suspected this was that his wheelchair and walker were moved from their regular storage place on Saturday, and he had a mark on his cheek that I had not seen before.  

She examined him, and his BP was a bit high.  But, she could not find any other issues.  She did note the mark on his cheek.  It could just be something he scratched.  She talked to the caregiver who said that nothing had been recorded -- no fall.  So, I guess it is still a mystery.  

Anyway, DH seemed okay -- not walking as much and having trouble getting up and down.  But, he was cheerful, and he was talking a bit more than in the past.  And, it did make sense -- like saying that we would stay indoors rather than go out in the wind.

Larry's wife was there, and he seemed like he was in a "fog" -- at least he was not bothering DH.  Some of the others were having issues like trying to get out of the house, and crying/screaming.  I am sure glad DH is not doing the same.

I have the senior lunch program today, and then I'll go to the gym before visiting DH.  

It is supposed to be below freezing the next few nights, and highs only in the low 50's.  I guess we have to have winter sometime, but....

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's chilly weather for you, Linda. I'm glad your DH is ok in spite of a possible fall.

We took Bo for grooming this morning. There were a few light flurries. R was quite anxious saying it was really snowing. Not imo. He was saying it might snow so much we couldn't pick him up. Well it stopped snowing by the time we dropped Bo off.

We just brought him home and he looks much better. When we dropped him off he spotted a cat in a chair  (one of the resident cats) and stuck his nose where he shouldn't have. He was quite antsy this morning. Probably the excitement of going somewhere the other dogs weren't. R wasn't cautious in opening the cellar door to take him to the suv and Bo bounded out. Thank goodness he quickly came back and jumped in the suv.

R has pt tomorrow and needs to remember to get lab work done.  He has a urology appointment 2 days after we return from Iceland.

Barbara, I hope you had a good flight and it's not too cold. Sydnie I'm sure is delighted to see you.