Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 13

Happy Sunday..I sang for the first service at church . We have to take m and syd tonthe airport soon.  The improv auditions are difficult because one goes in “cold”. I have been giving her some suggestions.

i feel a little better today..will be much more normal when I do the injection on Tuesday.

nothing too exciting today. 

We we talked to a friend who is a tax preparer, she said the new rules are very confusing to say the least.most of the itemization are gone. It could be interesting.

Have a good day.🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 13

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad you are feeling a little better. Good that you were able to sing today.    Hope things go well for Syd.  

We have had some pretty strange weather today -- raining this morning when I got up, then some sun, then clouds, then rain, now clouds.  I didn't realize that we were expecting rain.  Looks like DD's area got quite a bit of snow.  They are not as prepared as people from MN and other snowy areas so I am concerned about my grands.

Waiting for more advice on adopting the new dog sounds like a good idea, Claudia.  It seems there are always some issues with renovations.  Hope that things continue moving along.

I am not sure about all the changes to the tax code, but it is my understanding that most of us who have been itemizing will not be doing so in the future.  At least, the standard deduction is high enough that you need a whole lot of deductions to get the added benefit. And, some of the itemized items have been reduced/phased out.   I still think I will probably have enough this year to itemize, but I'm not sure.  I am pretty sure I will not. be doing it for 2019 or later.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

It's great you were able to give Sydnie some suggestions, Barbara. Good luck to her.

We were fortunate not to have any snow from the current storm. There's still a bit of ice in the driveway. I did put various things in the pantry cupboard today. R mopped the floor only to find sawdust tracked in. I had warned him but...

Griffyn is not eating much. I know Pyrs usually don't eat as much as other breeds but this is ridiculous. Hopefully he'll have a buddy soon and will cheer up. I saw on FB the rescue posted dogs for adoption including the blue heeler. Since the owner is out of town I messaged a reminder that we are interested in her and waiting to see if Griffyn gets along with her. No reply but her picture has been taken off.  When I saw her picture posted and a lot of shares I decided I'd better remind them. Fingers crossed it was removed due to my message and not someone else getting her. Also fingers crossed Griff likes her.

I hope your grands had no problem with their travels, Linda. No news is usually good news.

Respected Contributor

The morning has flown..we dropped of ours and ms car at the body shop and picked up a rental car. I am devoting most of this week to prepare Sydnies school work for the next few weeks. It takes time because I try to have some challenging,creative projects for her.

Pepper is still usin her safe space a lot..she seems to like it a lot and she comes out periodically to check on us and be held. 

The dog dog park was pretty funny this morning..there were 6 dogs chasingeach other around..a herd of small dogs racing in. A circle. 

Lots of rain predicted for tomorrow.

Hope griffs eating picks up and that he has a buddy soon. If we leave Peppers food out, she will eventually eat.

linda, hope dd and family made it safely through the snow. 

Back to school work.🎈🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

I hope Griffyn is eating better, Claudia.  And, fingers crossed about the possible addition to your family.  

Good that you have time to prepare for Syd's school, Barbara.  Try not to overdo things.

As you may read on the other thread, my DD and family did okay with the snow.  They got quite a bit, but less than people who live south of them (like where I used to live).  Army DGS made it home okay from drill, and I think he is working today.  She even went to the gym this morning.  But, oldest DGS had quite a horrible time with his first airline flight.  He didn't even make it to Boston until 3:00 a.m., and then had to pick up a rental car (first time) to drive to the hotel.  The training started early this morning, and I don't think it will be a short day.  

My hospice training was pretty good, but I found out that right now they have an excess of volunteers.  The person I might have started with this Thursday is not having a volunteer -- the family decided to hire round-the-clock caregivers instead of relying on volunteers.  The coordinator said that things go like this -- sometime more volunteers than patients and then the reverse.  I had the grief group right after the training, and then ended up talking to a new member -- a lady from my "strong bones" class.  She wanted to talk, and is a very nice person.

Anyway, I haven't done much of anything at home or done much exercising.  So, I need to get with it.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad to read your eldest grandson finally made it to Boston, Linda. What a time he had. At least your hospice training is done so you'll be ready when needed.

Griff still is not eating well and prefers to eat snow than drink from his water dish. I've tried tap water, bottled water and still he turns up his nose at it. If he can help sneak into the half bath, lift the toilet lid, and drink. Smh.

The blue heeled is a "no go". I found out she was placed when I dropped Griff off this morning. Evidently Patty didn't communicate with her helpers that we were very interested and once posted for adoption a lot of people wanted her. We are  checking on a somewhat larger dog.

The contractors weren't here today so the sink must not have come in. I still would have had to board Griff in case they came tomorrow while we were at the VA.

Barbara, I'm sure it takes a lot of work to come up with the projects for Sydnie.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the The blue heeler, Claudia.  Hope that you find another dog you, R, and Griff like,  Do you think that he will eat more if he has a friend?  I hope so.  Also hope things went okay at the VA, and the renovations can continue.

I'm guessing you aren't feeling all that great after your infusion, Barbara.  Hope you are better tomorrow.

I had the senior lunch program today, and I'll be doing a hospice visit tomorrow.  The regular volunteer is on vacation.  The person I am visiting is in a nursing home, and likes company.

I found out that one of the ladies in my Caregivers group had a stroke and another's husband passed away.  Seems like lots of bad news lately.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

My guess is that Griff will eat better if he has a buddy. TT always went looking for more food. Should have named him Yogi. When TT peered into the kitchen Griff would give him the evil eye and scurry to his food dish.

No word from the contractors but the kitchen consultant called while I was out briefly. R told her what the holdup is and she'll get back to us.

Coming home from the VA we stopped at a business that carries all kinds of kitchen equipment both old and new. We ended up bringing home a wood cart with wheels to set the microwave on. It was handmade locally.

Linda, it's a shame about the bad news. I hope your hospice visit goes well tomorrow.

A good friend called shortly after we got home. She's having a lot of trouble with her mother. She 's not taking her medicine timely or eating well. Also not calling the doctor when sick. My friend kept calling to see if she'd made an appointment only to find she hadn't. I listened and gave a few suggestions since I had a similar situation with mother.I

Barbara, I hope the injection/infusion helps.

Respected Contributor

This will be a short post. V has a kidney stone going on..he is quite miserable..we spent all afternoon in the er yesterday and he sees a urologist this afternoon.

this is not his first one but it has been a long time since he had one. I am a bit frazzled because he is not a good patient.🥴🥴

just wanted to update you.

Respected Contributor

I bet you're frazzled. Some men are terrible patients.