Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 21

Good morning..it is a nice cool morning again..I do enjoy this kind of weather a lot. We will have similar temps on our drive north later this week.

Nothing on the agenda today... Laundry and I am going to straighten the garage a bit . After the furniture goes on weds we can power wash and get our cars back in.

Linda..it sounds like dh is doing very well. I bet you are pleased with the results for both of you. You are finding lots of good things to do to keep you busy. I am much more active in az than here...keeping up with Sydnie and the house is a full time job...lol.

Claudia..hope r starts feeling better and that his reaction settles down so you do not have to make another trip to the va. Pepper gets cuter each day..she acts like a cat at times.

i hope you both have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 21

It's cooler here too, Barbara. I'm enjoying the reprieve from hot humid weather. Pepper sounds so cute. Our husky years ago thought she was part cat. When we took her in we kept her upstairs with the cats till we could get her spayed.

R's reaction is calming down. I still plan to mention it to the urology staff. Now if he'll just remember to take his meds for bronchitis.

I've cleaned up the backyard and hauled the garbage cans out front. It rained earlier and is threatening to do so again. Later I hope to get to the laundry. Such an exciting life.

Linda, DH is doing quite well adjusting to the memory care place. I'm amazed at all you've accomplished.

Honored Contributor

Hello friends,

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the lovely picture meallen. I don't have any flowers here. The dogs would dig them up one year I planted daisies by the back steps and our shepherd at that time proceeded to pull them apart. This year i just didn't have the energy to do anything out front.

Tomorrow I will be calling the urologist. We noticed that the largest area of R's reaction is feeling hard. The urgent care doctor said if it got hard it might be an abscess. Better to check it out than not.

I see there's a local estate sale this week. I'm waiting for pictures to be posted. I'm still looking for just the right dresser.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with that dresser, Claudia.  I'm still looking for the desk of my dreams (LOL) as well as a couple more pieces for DH's room.  Sorry R needs to see the urologist, but better safe than sorry.  No flowers here except for flowering cactus.  Some people grow beautiful roses, etc., that that requires lots of water here, but I don't want to use a bunch of water for decorative plants.  That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate seeing my neighbors flowers and those at the florist, on the internet, etc.  

Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather Barbara and Claudia.  We had a little rain this afternoon, and that cooled things down.  But, the AC is still running strong along with my fan.  I'm sure you will be happy to get things back in order at your house, Barbara.  I feel like that may be an impossible goal for me here, but I know that eventually things will get done.

Thanks for the pretty picture meallen.

I went to church and the gym, came home for lunch, and then visited DH.  He was pretty alert, and we walked around the building and outside a little.  I called his DD who is back from her trip, and she called me back while I was still there.  She was happy to be able to talk to her Dad, and I know he was pleased as well.  Not that he says much, just yes, no, and okay for the most part.  But, that is not different from when he was at home with me.  

The girls go back to school tomorrow -- hope they are okay and not too jet-lagged.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I slept a little better last night.  Maybe CALM was just what I needed!

Respected Contributor

It is another beautiful day..syd and I did some grocery shopping. I cannot plan meals for an entire week...I need a meal planner. I am very sore today..no reason for it..hope it passes soon.😁

We we are looking forward to our mini vacation. Duluth is a ptryy city with a fabulous waterfront and long pier where one can watch big ships coming in and out. There are some other fun things that Syd will enjoy. The drive up to Thunder Bay parallels the lake with several nice parks ...waterfalls etc. and a light house.,Thunder bay has a big restored got that mirrors what the fur traders experienced. It should be fun.

v is playing bridge and m is working from home, so I am dedicated to finding things to keep syd 

occupied.

mealaen..you post such pretty graphics.

Claudia..hope the injection site is not a problem . I switched the color of the Linea top to gray also. 

Linda..take your time getting things organized. It can be overwhelming..I know. Glad to hear that the calm may help a little. I notice a difference when I do not take it. 

My neighbor in az has gorgeous roses., glad that dh continues to do well. I just saw a pic of a huge dust storm in Phoenix. 

Enjoy ot your day. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are sore today, Barbara.  Your trip to Duluth sounds nice.  I think someday I need to visit areas like that -- upper Midwest?  Not sure if that is the correct term.  I keep hearing about lovely parts of Wisconsin, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, the lakes in MN, etc.  Maybe there will be a Road Scholar trip to those places.  

I didn't sleep as well last night, but still better than the worst nights.  This morning, I cleaned out the refrigerator.  Boy, was that needed.  Not really rotten food or anything, but just unused or unwanted stuff, and shelves that had sticky stuff on them.  Yuck!

Hope things are going okay with R today Claudia, and you are not under too much stress.  

I am thinking of going to look at used furniture today as well as visit DH.  If the weather holds, I would like to go to the pool again.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

A nice day- about 72 degrees.I could take more days like this. I probably should have mowed but put it off till tomorrow.

The nurse at the urology office said not to be concerned about the reaction as it's pretty normal to have a reaction like that.

The charger cord for the phone and kindle is taking forever to charge. I need to see if I have another cord.

Good luck with the furniture hunt, Linda.

Lots of tempting Linea fall items, Barbara. Enjoy your trip. It's too bad you have to deal with the pain. I hope it improves.

No photos for the estate sale posted yet. They were supposed to be posted yesterday. I hate waiting.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. Sydnie is at middle school orientation...she is riding a bus this year which is a new experience  for her. There was no bussing from our house to her elementary school. The bus came on time and she was very excited to go.

i found out why my pain level is so high...I forgot to take an evening dose of one of my meds. That will be fixed tonight. Arghhhh.

nothing planned for today..lot morrow will be busier, getting ready for our mini vacation.

Linda, the upper Midwest (northern part) is quite lovely. This north shore drive rivals the Oregon coast in my opinion. 

Claudia..I was very good with the Linea show..I only purchased that lace up hoodie. Sweaters are a no go for me in az and I have several here in case I need them .

pepper pulled Sydnies breakfast off the table so she got a little extra snack.  For only weighing 10 pounds, she can be quite the nuisance. Lol. Syd was in absolute shock.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

She may be only 10 pounds but she is clever. Years ago we had a cat with a great left hook when swiping a pork chop off the ate. Imp was standing on his hind legs, reached out a paw and goodbye pork chop.

Whew. I'm glad you found out about the missed medication. I need to remember to refill R's pill box today. 

The morning was nice and cool. I managed to mow out front and get half the back yard done before I ran out of battery. I then used the trimmer on both sides of the fencing and out front. Now it's in the 80's.

Whit called. She had her presurgery lab work done and discovered besides the $800 already paid out they owe another $1000 due to their deductible. Adam is at the VA for an appointment.

Hope Sydnie enjoys her orientation.

You were very good given all the Linea temptations, Barbara.

I looked over the home education plan my sister posted for Jamie. I thought it quite thorough. He just turned 14. Highlights include elementary algebra supplemented with hands on equations and real world algebra (5 hours), logic in the spring, Latin, Spanish, composition, literature both reading and discussion, grammar, vocabulary, world history, chemistry, voice lessons plus drumming and participating in Chatham Chorale, pen and ink drawing, watercolor. This doesn't include birding, tennis, baseball, archery, kayaking, etc. I'm tired just reading it all. They are both well qualified in teaching him. WhAt one lacks the other has expertise in.  He has opportunities that we could never give him. I only wish they hadn't cut contact.

I hope you're having a good morning, Linda.