Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, WEEK OF JULY 6

Hope Griff is behaving himself today, Claudia.   I'm not very well coordinated either.  The only gymnastics I did at all well was tumbling -- I usually was the one on top of the pyramid.  LOL  DD was and is much more agile.

DH and I took our walk early -- nice weather.   I have my strong bones workout in a little while.  I'll go to Curves this afternoon.  Not sure what else I'll be doing today.

I sent an e-mail to DH's son since he is supposed to spend four nights there when we are on our trip to Maryland.  I wanted to make sure his son knew what to expect and give him an "out" if he thought it would be too much.  But, he said that would be fine, thank goodness.  I was trying to figure how I could go back and forth between his house and DD's house (about an hour each way).  Hopefully, it will all work out okay.

DD lost lots of food, Barbara.  She estimated $500 or so, ouch!  But, at least the freezer is working well now.

Hope both of you have a good day.  I plan to post  again later, if possible.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's good DH's son knows what to expect, Linda. Fingers crossed for everything working out. Too bad about DD's food loss but at least the freezer is working again.

Griff was madly barking at the sound of the street cleaner going up and down the street.  The other 2 dogs weren't bothered at all. At least it is gone now. I didn't dare let him out. He'd just bark louder. R is sleeping again.

Hopefully tomorrow a friend will help R with the back door. I have my fingers crossed that it won't take all day. Bo is scheduled to have his yearly shots and I'd like some help taking him.

Whit said they got home late and hopes to post pictures late tonight.

It's raining again. We rarely have more than one day without rain this summer. That day is spent getting things done.

R doesn't use his Kindle anymore. I wonder if he just can't concentrate on books. He just skims the newspaper and doesn't read in depth yet reads some articles on FB. I may just start using it for reading as the battery lasts longer than the Kindle Fire.

Respected Contributor

I did not have time to post this morning. I went to knitting and had a great time. Syds dog is making progress.

She is in a parade tonight...at least it will be nice weather to watch..m overslept this morning..I woke her up at 7:30.
We found someone to pick up our railroad ties for not too bad of a price. V was going to try to do it himself, which would have been a disaster.

That is a lot of food to lose. Would her homeowners cover some of that. It is nice of dhs son to care for him. You will e joy the break, I am sure.

Claudia, it does sound like griff is going to replace tt. My kindle has a long battery life..I keep it on airplane mode unless I am downloading something. You have had a lot of rain..

It is going to get hot and humid so our string of nice days are over.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Respected Contributor

The morning has zipped by. It is going to get hot and humid so I needed to get food that does not require a lot of cooking or oven time.

Syd danced for all 2 plus mikes of the parade and said she wasn't tired. Lol. She went to the grocery store and giggled and danced her way through.mwhat a fun kid she is...the exact opposite of her mother at that age.

I will be back later.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope R's friend is there, Claudia and progress is being made on the door.  Sorry it has been overly rainy there.  It is pretty nice here today -- sunny and a bit of a breeze.  I think we are expecting temperatures in the 90's today, which is below normal.  

For some reason, it seems like there are more people out on the roads this summer than in previous years.  The two other participants in the strong bones workout and I were discussing that yesterday.  Don't know why that is the case -- maybe people escaping the rain?   Hope Griff is behaving himself today.

Glad you had a good time knitting yesterday, Barbara.  Hope your weather isn't too bad and the parade was fun.  What did Syd do in the parade?

I hope to get my haircut today, and I'll go to Curves later.  Nothing else exciting planned.  

I signed up for a "caregivers support group" meeting next Thursday.  It is given at the adult daycare place.  I think it will be good to hear how others are coping with caregiving and maybe get some good suggestions.  

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Signing up for the support group is a very good idea, Linda.

Oh to have half of Syd's energy.

R's friend was here then left to get a table saw. Griff hated him and had to be crated. R has taken down the remaining kitchen door and widened the opening. After Sherm left I let the dogs out. Unfortunately wee kitten was in the yard and they decided give chase. I flung myself in front of where I'd seen the kitten run and yelled for R to help. Luckily he heard me as he was getting in the suv to pick up lumber and after several tries got the dogs in. Wee kitten must have used 3 of his 9 lives and I feel like I have. Hopefully he has crept out of his hiding place and joined his mother.

Bo heads to the vet for his shots in a bit.

There had better be some kind of door tonight.

Respected Contributor

Back from gymnastics..syd has learned a lot..she is very close to having her back walkover.

I turned the ac on..it is very warm and humid out.

Claudia, hope the back door is fixed soon. I can envision the poor kitten being chased by the big dogs.

Linda, I am glad you are joining a support group. It will be good for you. Are you thinking of putting dh in the adult day care program. That has really helped my other caregiver friends. (((Hugs))))

Have a good evening.
Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine dancing for two miles in a parade and happily dancing after that, Barbara.  When I was in the parade a couple of years ago, I walked the parade route in my carrot outfit, and I was totally exhausted by the end.  Of course, it was very, very hot in that costume (and outside).  Glad Syd is such a happy girl.

I sure hope the door is finished, Claudia.  Poor little kitten.  Wonder why Griff took such a dislike to R's friend?

I had my hair cut, and came home to find DH in bed.  And, he sneaked back in bed when I was making lunch.  Yikes!  The dermatologist called, and he has squamous cell carcinoma.  So, he needs to go back for a procedure Monday after next, and then return in six months.  I'm certainly getting a lot of doctor visits in.   

I am not at all sure about the adult day care, Barbara.  But, it is something I have considered.  Unfortunately, DH doesn't have any sort of insurance coverage for that sort of thing, so money is an issue.  Also, I am afraid he have hurt feelings about the idea.  

Hopefully, this group will provide some insight.  I won't be able to go to the following meeting since we will be away, so I'm not sure how much I'll get out of this one, but.....

Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

We have a door and Bo's shots are updated. No deadbolt or door knob- I forgot we'd need them.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is hot and humid. Glad to have the ac on.

Sydnie is off to dance at a neighboring suburb's festival. I am passing because the humidity does a number on me. I have nothing planned for the day.

Linda, sorry about dhs skin issue. V has had several bouts of both squamous and basal cell. He refuses to use sunscreen also. I was rereading the thread and totally missed the one about your dryer. At least it was an easy fix.

Claudia, at least the door is on..

I will be back later.