Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLIC s. Week of May 22

Good morning..it will be very nice today.  High will be in the low 80s.

we are going to Sydniel last recital this afternoon..v has not seen her dance yet. 

Pepper er pulled the stuffing out of her stuffed animals. So I have a mess to clean up. Puppies!!!!

Nothing else exciting here...I wanted to say something to both of you. I will have to check the posts.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLIC s. Week of May 22

Guess I answered in my last post yesterday.😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Sorry about the puppy mess.  I remember when I was young, my brother's puppy would run up to my room and take the stuffed kittens off the bed just to destroy them.  Needless to say, this upset me to the max.  It took several years for me to like his dog.  LOL

Hope V enjoys the dance and Syd does well.   Glad your weather is nice.

I am still de-cluttering.  As I mentioned to DH's DD, we have only lived in this house for seven years (five years full-time), and I can't believe how much "stuff" we have.  I tackled the linen closet and some of DH's clothes yesterday.  This morning, I started on my papers and his socks.  It is difficult to put socks on his feet, and some of these are pretty tight or nasty.  

I went ahead and payed for my trip and trip insurance yesterday, and I also called the hotel.  I can stay two extra nights (I'll be arriving early) for $90 a night (plus tax, etc.)  I thought that was a very good deal compared to other options.  Fingers crossed the trip comes off and is fun.

After much thought, I decided to skip church today.  I just can't leave DH alone that long right now.  Maybe next week I'll feel differently or just go ahead and hire a caregiver.  I will take him to the gym with me, and he can decide whether to use his machine or not.  He had multiple toilet incidents yesterday, but otherwise was okay.  One time he had issues, I was on the phone with his DD, which was not bad in that she could have more of an idea of what is happening.  I think she may take some pictures home with her when she comes.  She still does not have firm plans due to needing approval from work.

I hope you are getting some rest Claudia,  and others in the household are not giving you too much trouble.  

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. We are supposed to have cooler than normal weather this week, but cooler is in the 80's.  

Respected Contributor

At least Pepper did not help herself to Sydnie's stuffed animals.

It's cooler here today and has clouded up. It looks like more rain. Tomorrow we leave at 5:30 for R's surgery on his arm. Meanwhile my nose is running and my throat hurts.. I'm taking otc meds and hopefully it improves by tomorrow. I did go out for ice crooner I put the garbage out.

Fingers crossed for your trip, Linda. The two extra nights is a good idea.

I will need to get rid of my headache before much else gets done.

Respected Contributor

Claudia...feel better. Hope rs surgery goes well and helps him.

Linda, sounds like yesterday was another hard one for you. Hope today is better. And I hope you can figure out how to get to church.

(()))))hugs)))) to you both.

Respected Contributor

Good. Morning...it decided to rain while I was in the grocery store so I got a little wet.  The road construction is creating quite a mess...and now we have mud. 

Sydnies dance recital went well...it was all the performing groups, so everything was perfect or close to it. She was one tired girl last night and she has practice tonight from 5 to 9 with an hour break.

nothing exciting...but that is my life..lol. I looked at the lug tsv but since I just got a new Vera Bradley travel bag, I passed. No shopping needed. 

Claudia...hope things go well for r.

linda..hope everything is good for dh today.

more later

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure Syd was very tired after all those performances, Barbara.  Sorry you got rained on and are dealing with all that mud.  

Yesterday wasn't a good day for DH, unfortunately.  He made several messes again, and instead of just sitting there waiting for me at the gym, he started walking around when I was on the elliptical machine.  Fortunately, the gym was not crowded, but I was very worried that he would fall, run into a machine, etc.  I was also afraid that I would lose my balance looking for him.  I have decided to hire someone for next Sunday, and that will probably become the norm for a while.  

On top of that, I did not give him an allergy pill yesterday, and he was coughing, etc. last night.  We were up several times, and I am pretty worn out today.  His caregiver came this morning, which was good.  And, then we went to the podiatrist.  He told me that I should have called when DH had the toenail problem.  The toenail fell off on Saturday, and the toe looks okay, but the doctor told me to put antibiotic cream on the toe for a couple of days just in case.  I ordered a pair of slippers for him at the podiatrist since everyone keeps telling me he should not be barefoot or in socks around the house.  The slippers are for diabetics and have inserts, so they should be more comfortable.  Hope they fit.

The nurse was supposed to come and take off his bandage (replace it), but she has not come or called yet.  I called her, and she called back but it was only static.  

I've been going through masses of papers shredding things like old utility bills.  I'm trying to make room so that I can move papers from the storage room into the house.  Still hoping to give up the storage room or at least downsize it when renewal time comes in October.  May not be possible, but I will try.

DD said the graduation party was nice, but Army DGS was very tired.  He got very little sleep while he was away, and didn't get much to eat.  So, he ate a lot and headed to bed.  Youngest DGS will graduate Friday after next, and he only has four more days of school (next week they will be practicing the graduation).  Oldest DGS has an interview when youngest is graduating, so he will not be able to attend.  Oldest is also applying for some sort of internship program at Macy's.  DGD used part of her graduation money to buy a backpack which she received today.  Apparently, it is very nice.

Hope that R's surgery went well, Claudia.  One of my buddies had foot surgery last week (bunion, I think), and she is in a wheelchair.  I remember that surgery requiring quite a bit of time for recovery (one of the ladies in my office had it done).  Hope that is not true for R's surgery.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Surgery went well. We go back Thursday to have it checked. R also has an eye appointment that day along with behavioral health. I am about to head for bed as I don't feel well.

How scary, Linda to see DH walking about. It's probably a good idea to hire someone. Congratulations to the DGC.

The dogs knocked down a vintage chai by the front door. Two chunks of wood broke off. I'm not sure if it can be repaired or not.

Barbara, I hope you don't have to deal with the mud for long. Sydnie has way more energy than I ever had.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Glad R's surgery went well, Claudia.  I hope Thursday's visits also go well.  Sorry you were not feeling well, and the dogs knocked over the chair.  Hope it can be repaired, and you are feeling better.

The nurse didn't come until after 4:00, but we talked in the afternoon so I was aware it would not be until later.  So, DH and I went to the store to pick up some produce, etc.  He did okay, but I know that he is not walking as well as in the past.  His head wound is better, and the new bandage is smaller.  The nurse will replace or take it off when she returns on Thursday.

DH better yesterday and last night, thank goodness.  Not perfect, but better.  I shredded a whole lot of papers, but there are more to do.  His DD made reservations for her visit in July.  I think it will be a brief visit -- arriving Wednesday afternoon and leaving very early on Friday morning.  But, I think it is a good idea for her to see what is happening.  I did arrange for a caregiver next Sunday morning so I can go to church and the gym.  

I have my volunteer job this morning and DH will be going to day services.  So, after work, I'll go to the gym before I pick him up. 

Hope the mud isn't bothering you too much, Barbara, and all is well at your house.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning...we had a lot of rain last night but the mud is not too bad. We have a long driveway so that helps. I made a target run...neede some odds and ends..I have a retirement event this afternoon, so I needed a card.

it is to be warm and rather humid this afternoon. Syd may be able to plant her garden this afternoon.

Linda...I hope the slippers work for dh. Glad yesterday was better for you.wish his dd would stay longer so she can get a good view of what is going on. Fingers crossed for dgs interviews. 

Claudia..good to hear that the surgery went well...hope you are feeling better today.

i did order the lug tsv...I have several Vera Bradley bags but they have no organization. I will give my old ones to my older dgs.

enjoy your day.