Trusted Contributor

REALLY.....GILI JILL???

[ Edited ]

You really have to make the models line up to give a class on how to tie an Obi belt?  Haven't there been enough of these belts presented and sold?  I'm sure it's not rocket science to know how to tie this overkill belt.  How many times do you think we'll be hearing the word Obi all throughout the day and night?  And no Jill, sorry but not all shapes and sizes look good wearing an Obi belt especially when worn with a short jacket.  

And have they gone crazy with these Gili prices?  A jacket with strips of leather and ponte knit panels for $374 and it sold out??  It seems since Jill took over this line, the styles and prices have gotten ridiculous.  And don't forget its all about the Pantone colors of this year so hurry and scoop something up in this color.  Haven't bought anything from this line since she took over......love all the money I'm saving!

Respected Contributor

I'm sure Jill doesn't set the prices.

Esteemed Contributor

I've actually read both of Jill Martin's fashion makeover books and the advice in those books is totally opposite of what she constantly advocates to buy and wear fashion wise with the G.I.L.I. line. I agree that the obi belt does not flatter everyone. It certainly doesn't flatter anyone who is short waisted or has a large bustline.

I simply do not believe that Jill Martin is a creative director whatsoever. She does not have a technical background in clothing to design anything. She's simply a talking head vendor. She's been a G.I.L.I. mouthpiece for nearly one year and it is not working.

Trusted Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I'm sure Jill doesn't set the prices.

Well do you think Lisa set the prices, which were a lot less?  Jill, as the rep for the line does get a percentage and I'm sure she has negotiated what she wanted to become the 'face of Gili'.  

Esteemed Contributor

I also want to comment about those G.I.L.I. pants  A70274 that were shown in the midnight hour. The fit is awful looking on the models. The model wearing the cream colored pants is a bit hippy and the pants are pulling across the thighs and crotch area. It's just more obvious when the pants are off white. And those wide leg pants are flood pants, they look ridiculously short on Jill Martin and the models. If you are going to wear wide leg pants, they should be a lot closer to the ground.

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I-Milano-Ponte-Wide-Leg-Trouser-Pants.product.A70274.html?sc=A70274-24HR&cm...

Regular Contributor

I don't have the time or the money to fight with a belt in the morning before work or when I'm going out. And for that price (which IMHO is very high) I would rather watch Sumo wrestling all night....And if anyone out there Sumo wrestles, please enjoy in good health! I have a bad back....Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@SammySiamese wrote:

I don't have the time or the money to fight with a belt in the morning before work or when I'm going out. And for that price (which IMHO is very high) I would rather watch Sumo wrestling all night....And if anyone out there Sumo wrestles, please enjoy in good health! I have a bad back....Woman Surprised

LOL.....thanks for the laugh!

Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

I also want to comment about those G.I.L.I. pants  A70274 that were shown in the midnight hour. The fit is awful looking on the models. The model wearing the cream colored pants is a bit hippy and the pants are pulling across the thighs and crotch area. It's just more obvious when the pants are off white. And those wide leg pants are flood pants, they look ridiculously short on Jill Martin and the models. If you are going to wear wide leg pants, they should be a lot closer to the ground.

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I-Milano-Ponte-Wide-Leg-Trouser-Pants.product.A70274.html?sc=A70274-24HR&cm...

Most of the new GILI  clothes  shown are ill fitting on evèryone.  Everything is pulling and is too tight.  I have the Halston wide leg pants and they fit beautifully and were also much less money.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Respected Contributor

speaking of wide pant legs, absolutely NO ONE is wearing them in London or Paris where I've been for 3 months. Pants are skinny for men and women. I think the designers are trying to force us to change and here, NO ONE IS!