Respected Contributor

At what age do all of you think that a woman should no longer wear Jeans?   I don't mean Skinny Jeans or those torn Jeans that young women wear.  

I have never been a dress or skirt type of woman.  I live a casual type of life style.  I no longer work outside of the home so a more formal type of dress pant is not needed.  

When choosing a pant to wear for shopping or the occasional night out at the movies or dinner at a casual restaurant what would most of you "over 50" ladies wear?

If anyone has a particular style or an on-line store that they purchase their pants from I would love your ideas.

Valued Contributor

@J Town Girl

Liz Clairbourne Hepburn Jeans

Honored Contributor

My mother is 82 and she mainly wears jeans.  She gets denim and company cropped pants.  She's 5'1" and they are perfect length.

Respected Contributor

I think jeans are ageless   

Honored Contributor

I'm 66 & my mother is 92.  We both wear jeans.  Only I wear skinny jeans. 

My mother gets her jeans from JC Penny's directly.

I get my Denizen jeans from Tar-jé.

Who told you that you have to be a certain age to wear jeans???? confused.gif

Sidebar:  Never purchased jeans offline.  I need to try them on FIRST!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 67 and have a well worn collection of jeans.  Can't imagine a time when I would be "too old" for jeans!  I think this is another clothing item that is possibly more limited by body type/size than by age. Go buy some jeans, girl!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

NO AGE LIMIT FOR ME! I AM 64 AND I PLAN ON WEARING JEANS FOR MANY YEARS TO COME😊

Super Contributor

I turn 65 on Tuesday and have been wearing jeans since my teenage years.  I will continue to wear them.  I don't like the distressed look but a nice either indigo or bleached denim type jeans.

Super Contributor

By the way ladies-how do I put a heart symbol on my repllies?

Trusted Contributor

I think you can wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.

I have some of Isaac's denim pants.  I also wear LOGO leggings, I don't consider them tight-fitting on the legs.  I wear a longer top, so the fit in the waist and hips isn't seen.