Trusted Contributor

Question about Denim & Co pants

[ Edited ]

I got on the computer with my Mom yesterday, because she wanted to shop for some more D&C Co pants.

Used to be you could get an assortment of colors in the capris or full-length, basic fit, pretty simple. Now we're totally flummoxed: How Comfy How Classic How Modern How Trim -- HOW CONFUSING!!!!!

I think this marketing and branding strategy has gone haywire.

If you are buying Denim & Co pants these days, how's it working for you?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about Denim & Co pants

TERRIBLE!     Years ago when I ordered a medium it fit - hips were just perfect as well as length.  Now pants are baggy to accomodate gals with bigger hips (to save on returns).  I hate the new ones I just ordered - strange material - too long - too big in the a*s.  Weather a little warmer here so put on capri bought few years ago and the fit is close to the body and it feels so great and not looking like a potato sack.  I'm totally disgusted with D & Co.  can't trust them anymore with sizing - or sewing both legs in straight.  They have gone down hill - down hill and further down hill.

Honored Contributor

Can you use the item number in a pair she likes?

Trusted Contributor

@tansy - I've looked through her order history but it's been a few years so no item #s available. Good idea, though!

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs, the item number is usually on a tag inside the pants unless your mom clipped out the tags.  

Trusted Contributor

@tansy - Denim & Co has so changed their product line I think most of what Mom has is no longer available. At least, I sure didn't see anything online!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those of us who are long-time fans of the line are familar with the different styles and have our personal favorites.  I wear the same size in all of them except "How Comfy" which are a knit fabric made to look like denim.  I find they "grow" as I wear them so I order down a size.

Do you know how to find the actual garment measurments?  Go to the description and at the end of the text, click where it says "click here".  Measure a well-fitting garment she already owns and find comparable measurments.

I bet the pant your mom had in the past is A53351.  It's the original pant with pockets which many people know, love and wear like a uniform, available in several lengths.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

There is a "How Bottoms comparison chart" link in red at the bottom of the video for each bottom of D&C!  It describes how each fits!

Just click on it!   That might help you!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

'classic waist', straight leg is all I get. Hate boot cut look like Cher back in the 60's. I wear a 12, short in regular stores I'm 5'5 and have big gut LOL

Get the 'L' in denim and co. so as to have plenty of stretch in the waist wash warm or cold water then put in dryer just long enough to get damp dry then hang

if they stretch out over time I'll leave it in dryer and dry completely that will tighten them back up.

I agree with all who talk about all the butt room. I'm buttless LOL when you go out, though, like at the mall or walmart you will know why they make pants, etc. for the big booty folks.

Husband says "look at that horses ***   ". LOL

Valued Contributor

I have one style that I absolutely love in D&C and it's these:  A266336.  I have them in every color but the wine. They call them French terry, but they are really just a knit pant. I don't know why they call them that. I am tall and the tall inseam works perfectly for me. I have washed them a zillion times, and they come out of the dryer looking great. I fold them, put them away, pull them out and put them on. 

Briggsie